Hurricane Laura

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Did anyone catch this? Bill has been under a lot of criticism lately and he allowed Laura Ingraham to appear on his show today and upbraid him for his recent "takes" on political events.

I thought Laura told O'Reilly exactly what he needed to hear. She basically told him that it was the conservatives who made him into the success that he's become and he shouldn't disrepect them, whether they are talk radio people or bloggers. Whether he really "heard" what she said is debatable as he kept denying he did anything wrong and then jokingly called her "Hurricane Laura".

ScreamingEagle said:
Did anyone catch this? Bill has been under a lot of criticism lately and he allowed Laura Ingraham to appear on his show today and upbraid him for his recent "takes" on political events.

I thought Laura told O'Reilly exactly what he needed to hear. She basically told him that it was the conservatives who made him into the success that he's become and he shouldn't disrepect them, whether they are talk radio people or bloggers. Whether he really "heard" what she said is debatable as he kept denying he did anything wrong and then jokingly called her "Hurricane Laura".

I heard it. He still wants to act like he is 'superior' to everyone, because he is 'fair' and 'accurate.' He's pompous, I really do not care for him. He's like Rush, without the humor.

Kathianne said:
I heard it. He still wants to act like he is 'superior' to everyone, because he is 'fair' and 'accurate.' He's pompous, I really do not care for him. He's like Rush, without the humor.

I dunno. I dont think he is like Rush at all. I think Rush just has alot of fun and likes making people think he is pompous. I think ORielly is just rather arrogant. I also wonder if he is faking alot of his views just to get ratings.

I dunno. I dont think he is like Rush at all. I think Rush just has alot of fun and likes making people think he is pompous. I think ORielly is just rather arrogant. I also wonder if he is faking alot of his views just to get ratings.

You are probably correct on both. Rush gets to me, but O'Reilly really sets me off.

JIHADTHIS said:
Is it because Rush has talent on loan from God-d-d-d? :funnyface

awwwww these are a couple of my buddies ! Ya, they get a little carried away with their popularity at times and a lot of people have trouble with their confidence but they sure spread the word!! They are also well sourced and right on top (if not ahead) of breaking stories. Considering the other options, I'm not going to look these 2 gift horses in the mouth !

anyone who can piss off the left as much as these 2 is a friend of mine!

I think Rush is someone that is having a good time doing what he does(who wouldn't with that salary) . He has such a great sense of humor . When you listen to his show on a regular basis you get to know him and understand that he enjoys what he does , has fun with it , has a great research staff, and doesn't take himself as serious as most people think . It always amazes me when I hear people claim he is mean spirited , that is as ignorant as the people that don't understand Ann Coulter's perfect sarcasm.I just don't see the hate that I find coming from the neo-left (Al Franken , Michael Moore , James Carville , Algore , Molly Ivins , Maureen Dowd )coming from the right .Conservatives have a much better sense of humor in general.

sitarro said:
I think Rush is someone that is having a good time doing what he does(who wouldn't with that salary) . He has such a great sense of humor . When you listen to his show on a regular basis you get to know him and understand that he enjoys what he does , has fun with it , has a great research staff, and doesn't take himself as serious as most people think . It always amazes me when I hear people claim he is mean spirited , that is as ignorant as the people that don't understand Ann Coulter's perfect sarcasm.I just don't see the hate that I find coming from the neo-left (Al Franken , Michael Moore , James Carville , Algore , Molly Ivins , Maureen Dowd )coming from the right .Conservatives have a much better sense of humor in general.

I think that may be a reason the NeoComs arent having much success with the American people. They act like they have a stick up ther butts most of the time. And no im not talking about the gay constituency.

I beleive Hannity is the best of the bunch. He remains humble and thanks his audience at least 2 or 3 times a day. Never does he come with a High and mighty attitude towards anyone liberals and conservatives alike.

Rush is just funny when he acts like a pompous snob. He does it to piss off the liberals listening to his show.

Forum List

Back