Hurricane Harvey Grows to Cat 4

Frankly, I don't think snow is shit compared to ice storms.

Yeah, we've had a few of those too *shudder*

Atleast with snow you can get traction.........as long as it's not packed or over ice.........but then, I refuse to drive in either case
Over the years I've been on Message boards, for most hurricans, I've asked folks why they don't evacuate, and they usually say the TV hypes the story more than it is.

Except for the exceptional ones.

But again, I have no knowledge of those things.

Most hurrican veterans usually do what I do during a ice storm. Find out when it is going to come, and make sure the house is well stocked with food, necessities. . . . and . . .

Booze.

:alcoholic:

Atleast with snow you can get traction.........as long as it's not packed or over ice.........but then, I refuse to drive in either case
Over the years I've been on Message boards, for most hurricans, I've asked folks why they don't evacuate, and they usually say the TV hypes the story more than it is.

Most hurrican veterans usually do what I do during a ice storm. Find out when it is going to come, and make sure the house is well stocked with food, necessities. . . . and . . .

Booze.

Hurricane Parties used to be big in my youth.
You dont hear much of em these days.......oh It's raining like a MOFO in Katy right now.
Wind is only at 25 to 30 at this point.

Hello, I hope everyone will be safe after the passage of the hurricane Harvey the media here in France tell us about 5 days of rain and also tornado category F2 me who is more than tired of the Heatwave in my area it's been hot day and night for a week and it will last another week but it's nothing to compare to this disaster.

Booze.

You dont hear much of em these days.......oh It's raining like a MOFO in Katy right now.

Hello, I hope everyone will be safe after the passage of the hurricane Harvey the media here in France tell us about 5 days of rain and also tornado category F2 me who is more than tired of the Heatwave in my area it's been hot day and night for a week and it will last another week but it's nothing to compare to this disaster.

We'll deal...
It ain't our first rodeo.

Booze.

I've always told people how friendly we are in the South.....

CNN : now it is a category 2 and for information they have a Breaking News about Harvey but in the same time the propoganda keep on going against Trump ( US military ban on transgender people) who give a shit .:funnyface:
The rain will do a lot of damage peoples will loose everything i feel sorry for those peoples

Yikes, and folks in these parts were whining about the six inches we got back in June. That crap only happens once, oh, every thirty years or so. First flood since I was in High school. I live in an area where practically no natural disasters lurk. Just cold as hell all the time. lol

I was lucky to see a day get into the 90's this summer. A friend nearby was bitching about turning the heat on in August.

With this Climate Change, I don't think we'll ever see this again, though my grand parents told me stories of this. . .

147999.jpg

Good Luck Texas!

Holy Fuck!!!
Is that snow to the tops of power poles?
Yeah, the old ones never fail to remind us of those days when we have to shovel out after a storm.

The old. . . when I was your age. . . . shtick. Your mother got lost in a snow bank bit.

That did happen with my Aunt!

My uncle tied a rope to me to find where she fell in that blizzard!

CNN : now it is a category 2 and for information they have a Breaking News about Harvey but in the same time the propoganda keep on going against Trump ( US military ban on transgender people) who give a shit .:funnyface:
The rain will do a lot of damage peoples will loose everything i feel sorry for those peoples

We have floods in this region more than you can believe.

Now Cat 4 Hurricanes are unusual but once the rain stops the water will flow out quickly...

Booze.

That is what I do in a snow storm....

Now ya see........I'd rather take an occasional earthquake over a hurricane or tornado anyday. If I lived in the south or Midwest, I'd probably never come out of the basement.
After the Nisqually quake in 2001 of 6.8....our neighbors that were from Missouri said we (west coasters) were crazy to live with quakes that have no warning and they moved back to MO within 6 months.

I guess it's whatever you're used to :dunno:

I'd rather have several days warning than to have my world shaken to pieces on a moment's notice.
Thats what caused the death toll of the 1900 hundred hurricane...no warning.
Deadly Hurricanes Are Nothing New to Texas
I agree, with hurricanes you have lots i.e. Warning, with tornados a lot less, with earthquakes none.

We have floods in this region more than you can believe.

Now Cat 4 Hurricanes are unusual but once the rain stops the water will flow out quickly...
We have snow storms and avalanches in the Rocky Mountains.

Booze.

In Florida, hurricane parties are cool for the 1's and the 2's.

But if it's a 4 or a 5 then you get out of Dodge.

Yikes, and folks in these parts were whining about the six inches we got back in June. That crap only happens once, oh, every thirty years or so. First flood since I was in High school. I live in an area where practically no natural disasters lurk. Just cold as hell all the time. lol

I was lucky to see a day get into the 90's this summer. A friend nearby was bitching about turning the heat on in August.

With this Climate Change, I don't think we'll ever see this again, though my grand parents told me stories of this. . .

147999.jpg

Good Luck Texas!

Holy Fuck!!!
Is that snow to the tops of power poles?
Yeah, the old ones never fail to remind us of those days when we have to shovel out after a storm.

The old. . . when I was your age. . . . shtick. Your mother got lost in a snow bank bit.

That did happen with my Aunt!

My uncle tied a rope to me to find where she fell in that blizzard!

For me it was my sister. It was the first time I remember being left at home alone. My dad was so conservative, he refused to call 911. I think he thought all the other folks would be bothering the emergency services looking for lost kids in snow piles, snow banks and blinding winds sheers. So him and my mom were out all day looking for my big sister and I was on my own.

Rep. King: NY won't 'abandon' Texas despite 'hypocrite' Ted Cruz

DIVCPBYUQAA4GjB.jpg

What a creep Calgary ted is!

Forum List

Back