Hurricane Dorian Thread

Where will Dorian hit and what will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EDLhTD2XYAELDjI

OMG! It's as if Trump's properties were bowling pins and the Hurricane a bowling ball. The setup couldn't be much better even if it were planned.
Not that I want to see something bad to happen to anyone. but look at how they are set up.

Hurricane-Dorian-spaghetti-models-1170596.jpg

Last edited:
So, it's past Puerto Rico now, the news is predicting it hits FL 4 days out.

DCT_SPECIAL107_1280x720.jpg

I don't believe anything they say 4 days out.

I'm watching it here and it's looking kinda busted up and head straight north:

Interactive Radar

It could go anywhere, the meteorologists are wrong a lot.

So I'll put a poll in to take bets! :)

You can vote for 2 things.

Big/little storm, and where.

Let me get this straight...…...

You don't believe Professional Meteorologists that have studied & worked in the field for years, which I really don't blame you there given the failure rates and yet you ask these crazy people on an interent message board???????????

Dude, you're losing it :cuckoo:

When Jim Cantore comes on and tells you it’s a cat. 4 and it will be catastrophic, believe him.

Who???? :dunno:

I'm at the opposite end of the continental US map & about 3000 miles away. Sure some meteorologists get it right.....about 50% of the time. The other 50%, not so much

Interactive Radar

You don't believe Professional Meteorologists that have studied & worked in the field for years, which I really don't blame you there given the failure rates and yet you ask these crazy people on an interent message board???????????

When Jim Cantore comes on and tells you it’s a cat. 4 and it will be catastrophic, believe him.

I'm at the opposite end of the continental US map & about 3000 miles away. Sure some meteorologists get it right.....about 50% of the time. The other 50%, not so much
Nonsense. They have weather satellites. The timing of events may be off by a few hours, but they can see whats coming because it is right there to look at..

Interactive Radar

Nonsense. They have weather satellites. The timing of events may be off by a few hours, but they can see whats coming because it is right there to look at..

missing-the-point.png

Interactive Radar

Unprecedented to have a hurricane in the Caribbean...and hit Florida.

Absolutely unprecedented in human history

This manmade global climate warming change is the real deal

EDLhTD2XYAELDjI

OMG! It's as if Trump's properties were bowling pins and the Hurricane a bowling ball. The setup couldn't be much better even if it were planned.
Not that I want to see something bad to happen to anyone. but look at how they are set up.

EDLhTD2XYAELDjI

Trump will be fine....you, you need help

Interactive Radar

missing-the-point.png
You said:

Sure some meteorologists get it right.....about 50% of the time. The other 50%, not so much

I said:

But I missed the point? Following your logic, there is only a 50% chance of a hurricane hitting Florida.
I bet it's more like 100%.

South and central fl coast better take heed and further up coast don’t go to sleep

Meteorologists have blown a lot of these calls lately. New Orleans was recently supposed to have some big storm that threatened the levies and wind shear blew it apart--basically nothing happened. The Weather Channel was there, it rained a little, that was it. This is not a one-off either.

So I don't know. I'm skeptical about this being a BIG STORM AND FLORIDA EVACUATE RIGHT NOW!!! From what I'm seeing even The Weather Channel seems to be playing it pretty cool at the moment. Maybe they don't want to be embarrassed again, will wonders never cease....

To early to tell where it will land. These big storms have a habit of doing the unexpected.

Have to wait and see and as I live in Melbourne, Florida I'll be watching it closely.

Interactive Radar

Unprecedented to have a hurricane in the Caribbean...and hit Florida.

Absolutely unprecedented in human history

This manmade global climate warming change is the real deal

...but if I would have only got an electric car instead of a gas guzzling V-8 Tundra truck we would not be getting the hurricane.

If everyone along the southeast coast of Florida fired off all of their weapons, simultaneously at the approaching storm, the impact of all the projectiles just might steer it back out to sea.

If everyone along the southeast coast of Florida fired off all of their weapons, simultaneously at the approaching storm, the impact of all the projectiles just might steer it back out to sea.

I just saw this actually--don't shoot at hurricanes!

pH-6lQwQ

The front sinking down from the NW might do that anyways.

Governor DeSantis is giving a briefing on hurricane preparedness.

He has initiated the necessary government services. Competent leadership.

Thank god that worthless Democrat Negro Gillum was not elected Governor. He would have fucked up the state like he fucked up Tallahassee.

missing-the-point.png
You said:

Sure some meteorologists get it right.....about 50% of the time. The other 50%, not so much

I said:

But I missed the point? Following your logic, there is only a 50% chance of a hurricane hitting Florida.
I bet it's more like 100%.

Maybe instead of a kneejerk response...….if you had read my first post in that string of quotes, maybe you would have realized I was being sarcastic to the OP in a friendly manner...

BUT......those weather guys predictions are just that......a prediction. Based on past experience and theory. You and I both know they are wrong just about as often as they are right about any weather prediction, whether it's a hurricane or sunny skies. And if memory serves...….there's been more than a few times they've predicted a 'monster' hurricane to hit a projected area only to have it veer off at the last minute and either go out to sea or into the gulf.....or any other weather event in any other area. So yeah...…….they get it wrong often. WHY??? Because nature has a mind of it's own instead of doing what it's told.​

"The fourth named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, Tropical Storm Dorian, is strengthening as it moves towards the Lesser Antilles and may impact Puerto Rico and its neighbors later this week."

"A hurricane watch was issued Monday morning by the government of St. Lucia for the island, which means that hurricane conditions are possible within the next 24 hours. The government of France also upgraded a tropical storm watch to a tropical storm warning for the island of Martinique."​

More here: Tropical Storm Dorian's path: What you need to know

Prayers for all in the path of Tropical Storm Dorian. Please batten down the hatches if you live in Florida or the States bordering the US East Coast. :huddle: And if they tell you to evacuate, citizen up and do it. Call authorities if your slightly demented senior neighbors refuse to obey any evacuation notice, or call his family and let them convince him (or her) to evacuate.

The 2017 Hurricane Irma hurt Florida, big time, because of failure to heed evacuation orders.
  • September 10–11 – Hurricane Irma makes landfall on Cudjoe Key as a Category 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 130 mph (215 km/h), then makes a second landfall on Marco Island with winds of 115 mph (185 km/h). It becomes the strongest hurricane in terms of windspeed to hit the state since Charley in 2004, and the most intense in terms of pressure since Andrew in 1992. Irma killed at least 80 people in the state, and left behind at least $50 billion (2017 USD) in damage. Source: [110] List of Florida hurricanes (2000–present) - Wikipedia

Is it me, or do we seem to be having a low number of hurricanes this year?

Which is actually worse for this storm, because it's going over water that hasn't had any energy sucked out of it by previous storms.

Forum List

Back