Hurricane Dorian Thread

Where will Dorian hit and what will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Willow Tree is talking about the storm that not one person or politician from California who got assistance throughout the country during the fires and quakes, came out to help or offer any real or positive verbal recognition.
The help for Michael like the Chainsaw Brigade and Electric poles and lines and services came from mainly what Californians called the rednecks, the deplorables, the Walmart customers, the so called racists, mentally ill, retarded, xenophobic, yada yada yada.
Same thing happened during the Houston and regional floods and Tornado Alley devastations.
Maybe they feel if they have to recognize the many natural emergencies, they'd have no argument about blaming the Pres. for the rising national debt that those disasters caused stress to and being the real cause of debt/ budget issues, as we threw huge money towards unexpected events.

Thats why you need a generator.
Mine will power 3 of my 5 refrigerators,the A/C and heat to the bedroom suite,master bath and the workout room,which is actually my gun room.
And the oven.
It aint big enough to run all three central A/C's but I'm good as long as I have A/C in the bedroom.

And enough gas to run it for up to 4 weeks.

Ok, so that doesn't sound like your typical portable generator. At least 20Kw to do all that.
And you'd need about what, 300 gallons to run that kind of power output for a month?

Nope.
Ya gotta remember you dont run everything simultaneously.
And you dont run it 24/7.
My Honda eu7000 will hard start a 4 ton A/C and only use 2900 at startup.
The refridges only run to maintain safe food temps.
Gas consumption is five gallons over an eighteen hour period of constant run time.
With a dedicated breaker box it's easy to do.
I guess I should have said I can run all of those appliances with a little forethought.

Before I bought the eu7k I ran an eu2k that ran a window unit in our bedroom and one fridge.
This is a vast improvement. I could supplement the 7k with my other 7k unit but it's a loud MFer!!

Them Generac diesels aren't too loud.

Mine will power 3 of my 5 refrigerators,the A/C and heat to the bedroom suite,master bath and the workout room,which is actually my gun room.
And the oven.
It aint big enough to run all three central A/C's but I'm good as long as I have A/C in the bedroom.

Ok, so that doesn't sound like your typical portable generator. At least 20Kw to do all that.
And you'd need about what, 300 gallons to run that kind of power output for a month?

Nope.
Gas consumption is five gallons over an eighteen hour period of constant run time.
I guess I should have said I can run all of those appliances with a little forethought.

Before I bought the eu7k I ran an eu2k that ran a window unit in our bedroom and one fridge.
This is a vast improvement. I could supplement the 7k with my other 7k unit but it's a loud MFer!!

Them Generac diesels aren't too loud.

But they aint 58 decibels.....

Which is the sound of a quiet office or normal conversation at five foot.
You go in the camper and you cant hear it running.
Put it behind the camper and you cant hear it in the front.

Willow Tree is talking about the storm that not one person or politician from California who got assistance throughout the country during the fires and quakes, came out to help or offer any real or positive verbal recognition.
The help for Michael like the Chainsaw Brigade and Electric poles and lines and services came from mainly what Californians called the rednecks, the deplorables, the Walmart customers, the so called racists, mentally ill, retarded, xenophobic, yada yada yada.
Same thing happened during the Houston and regional floods and Tornado Alley devastations.
Maybe they feel if they have to recognize the many natural emergencies, they'd have no argument about blaming the Pres. for the rising national debt that those disasters caused stress to and being the real cause of debt/ budget issues, as we threw huge money towards unexpected events.

Linemen by the thousands came some all the way from Puerto Rico. The Red Cross, Samaritan’s Purse And Christians from all denominations. Some of The linemen believe it or not are still here.

When Jim Cantore comes on and tells you it’s a cat. 4 and it will be catastrophic, believe him.

Drama Queen....
Isn't he the guy they caught on camera struggling to stand up saying the wind was epic.....then some guy casually walked past the camera looking at him like he was nuts? :abgg2q.jpg:

I lived through Hurricane Michael. A cat. 5. Don’t call me a drama queen.

Did I? I was referring to Jim Cantore.......but if you wanna assume the position...that's up to you

Linemen by the thousands came some all the way from Puerto Rico. The Red Cross, Samaritan’s Purse And Christians from all denominations. Some of The linemen believe it or not are still here.

They really should go to underground cables. Sorry, linemen. You do a great job.

When Jim Cantore comes on and tells you it’s a cat. 4 and it will be catastrophic, believe him.

Drama Queen....
Isn't he the guy they caught on camera struggling to stand up saying the wind was epic.....then some guy casually walked past the camera looking at him like he was nuts? :abgg2q.jpg:

I lived through Hurricane Michael. A cat. 5. Don’t call me a drama queen.

Did I? I was referring to Jim Cantore.......
I tried to find that incident on you tube and it just showed a weatherman, it did not name the person. Are you sure that was Cantore?

They really should go to underground cables. Sorry, linemen. You do a great job.

All of mine are underground. But we don't get hurricanes in Vegas.

Agreed.
All our lines are underground and we lost power for all of three hours during Ike.
Of course it came back on after hooking up the genny and the A/C.

The bastards.....

And the oven.

Nope.

I'm absolutely amazed that Eu7000 genset can start your 4 ton AC unit.
Typical start up load for a 4 ton unit is around 12Kw
You sir must have an extremely efficient AC system :surprised1:

I don't even try to start my central AC......I just run 2 or 3 window units.
And two fridges, plus there is no way in heaven or hell to keep the Ms. happy without hot water for showers so my 6520 unit mostly runs the water heater and incandescent lighting.

Inverter gensets for all the appliances and compooters etc.
The beauty of having small gensets is fuel efficiency.
A 2000watt (peak) unit is ideal (imo) for running a fridge because it sips fuel on eco mode at the rate of 1 gallon every 12 - 15 hours and still has plenty of reserve to run a few lights and a computer or TV

Last edited:
And the oven.

Nope.

I'm absolutely amazed that Eu7000 genset can start your 4 ton AC unit.
Typical start up load for a 4 ton unit is around 12Kw
You sir must have an extremely efficient AC system :surprised1:

I don't even try to start my central AC......I just run 2 or 3 window units.
And two fridges, plus there is no way in heaven or hell to keep the Ms. happy without hot water for showers so my 6520 unit mostly runs the water heater and incandescent lighting.

Inverter gensets for all the appliances and compooters etc.
The beauty of having small gensets is fuel efficiency.
A 2000watt (peak) unit is ideal (imo) for running a fridge because it sips fuel on eco mode at the rate of 1 gallon every 12 - 15 hours and still has plenty of reserve to run a few lights and a computer or TV

My eu2000 will easily run a 15000 btu A/C.

I tried to find that incident on you tube and it just showed a weatherman, it did not name the person. Are you sure that was Cantore?

No...but I've watched him for decades....and I could see him doing that for effect. I'm sure he's a good guy nonetheless. But it's TV and viewership pays the bills so they can't let it look boring.

The Global warmers more and stronger hurricanes may take note.
Since 1925 the east coast of Fl has been hit by 8 category 4+. 7 of those were between 1925-1950. One since, Andrew in 1992. None since
Yes Katrina year was epic off the charts.
The granddaddy of them All was the incredible Labor Day storm, 9/3/35, which measured 185 mph at landfall and a near unprecedented barometer of 26.24

Last edited:

That was one benefit of Southern Co merging and owning electric companies from many States, they own AL power, GA power and Gulf Power etc and called on their crews from all states to come pitch in and work long hours. Usually monopolizing the market is a bad thing, but in this case Southern co is well run and it's mergers helped efficiency to keep prices low and to have a network that helps each other in various regions that have natural occurances that affect equipment and services.

What they really need to do is:
stop building on barrier Islands or at least on the sand. Build homes like the late Jacque Fresco cement dome type designs where the wind rolls over. Our old designs are just that, outdated with no considerarion for regional issues. IF CALI and Japan REDESIGNED FOR EARTHQUAKES, then why are coastal regions and tornado prone regions not redesigning for efficiency against the high winds? I used to have Jacque linked to my pages and I mentioned after Opal that St Joe/Mexico Beach should rebuild only with those type of designs that withstand both surge and wind. Nobody listened, they never listen.
I should have shirts printed that say
"I told you so".

Forum List

Back