Hurricane Dorian Thread

Where will Dorian hit and what will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure but the k00ks are out already blaming Trump and blaming the hurricane on climate change!!:113:

Which btw........anybody see the Euro computer models? You wanna laugh? There is a divergence of over 1,000 miles as far as the track! Probable in Florida but possibly Houston and possibly Bermuda and 1,000 point in between. Yet the bobbleheads still put their faith in climate change computer models.

When will I buy the climate change stuff? When they can show me a computer model of a hurricane track that is 100 miles either way..........not a moment sooner!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Fucking bobbleheads.........:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

I live in Melbourne. Hurricanes are hard to predict.

This one could hit the southern end of the State and then head up the east coast. Or it could head into the gulf. Hard to predict.

Hell back in 2004 we had four hurricanes. One was supposed to hit LA and Alabama yet it went right and right across the top of Florida.

You can't predict what one of these big storms will do.
Al of this technology added since then and they still can not pinpoint the hurricane's direction. However the computer graphics have gotten better.

"BREAKING: Hurricane Dorian Heading Straight for Palm Beach

Dear Dorian, Please divert course immediately! Jeffrey Epstein already dead."

Whoah! That thing's trucking this way! :eek:
It is going out to sea. It is going to get weaker as it travels. The only thing that is going to happen/ That alongside of the coast that it will be drenched with water. It just a regular storm. The one before, was a lot powerful than this one. I don't know why is the media lying. Maybe they are helping businesses to help sell disaster equipment. I know that last time. All of the stores ran out of bottled water and batteries. Who knows, maybe they has paid someone in Wasghington to push this narrative that this Hurricane is bigger and badder.
But I were the Floridians. I would of have gone fishing. This is the best time to catch those big ones. Most of them are being chase towards the shore.

TIPS for those in it's path or future storm preperation:
Capt obvious will tell you gas up your cars and charge up your phones, have cash on hand as sometimes card systems are down in outages.
Keep a hand turn can opener in your car, first aid kit and tools, plenty of batteries and radio and flashlights, bag packed in case of last minute evacuation. Obviously buy lots of fluids but also fill empty bottles with water to wash up or do dishes with in case there is a boil water alert.
Buy non perishibles, small canned underwood meats, peanut butter, tuna, dried fruits and nuts and cracker sandwiches, packets of mayo for tuna, fruit cups, and they sell non refrigerated tray meals (but they need microwave or low temp food warmer plate if you want to eat it warmed up)*[possible if you use generators or later in this post I detail an alternative energy source for emergencies]
This storm has nothing shearing it and no land to slow it's speed or lessen it's force and with the warm waters the estimate of cat 3 is now cat 4 and can easilly become a 5, in fact assume the worse.
Miami to Ft Lauderdale is at risk Orlando although inland can still get a 3-4 and needs to prepare. Even the panhandle should gas rheir cars now while lines are normal. If this storm goes across FL west into gulf it can hit anywhere strong with the warm gulf waters.

The alternative to anoying generarors which sell out fast:
Buy a fan (like an Opolar)that is USB plug (5watts) and buy at Walmart
a 100ah DC 29(DEEP CYCLE)
MARINE BATTERY or a DC marine battery at any auto or boat supply store. Buy a solar controller with usb outputs (for fan and charging phones), attach to controller battery input #9 black n red gauge wires with battery terminal connecters at one end (alligator prongs or eyelit).
Buy a strong enough inverter if you need a regular outlet (converts 12v to 120v to use U.S. plugs appliances).
You should at least have an inverter for your car if you don't have usb outlets, to plug in cell phones to charge using your car battery.
100amp hour dc batteries can last 7-10 days powering a usb fan and cell phone charging.
For small wattage like these usb fans you can even use smaller lighter 12-20ah chair or scooter batteries.
If you want to charge the battery or have ability to plug in power coolers or minor appliances then get a solar panel (goes into the solar controller) which is now as low as $78-79. 100watt panel and they can work inside patio doors if you need temp power. They sell 50watts ones, but
this 100 watt is the best buy on Amazon and perhaps you can get next day delivery in time or if not, order for future need.
Battery power needs no constant filling up of fuel and doesn't need to be placed outside annoying neighbors with abnoxious noise. And batteries are easier to get fast then generators that sell out and are price gouged.
If you need more specific info on solar connections and battery grids or any questions then reply here.

OTHER HELPFUL TIPS:
your cell service could go out so you can't stream movies therefore download stuff you want to watch and save in your external sd card in your phone along with music and game apps to keep you entertained if everything including data is out.
Put wet tank tops and hand towels in freezer because sometimes a fan is never enough and a cold towel and shirt comes in handy to fight the heat.
Lastly very important: apply rain-x to your car windows in case you get caught out on the roads with a heavy rainfall.

Last edited:
So, it's past Puerto Rico now, the news is predicting it hits FL 4 days out.

DCT_SPECIAL107_1280x720.jpg

I don't believe anything they say 4 days out.

I'm watching it here and it's looking kinda busted up and head straight north:

Interactive Radar

It could go anywhere, the meteorologists are wrong a lot.

So I'll put a poll in to take bets! :)

You can vote for 2 things.

Big/little storm, and where.
Small storm Cat 2, Sebastian FL.

East central Florida coast is dominant location but anywhere from Miami Beach to Hilton Head is in play and then it may continue, in a much diminished state, to move ne up the coast.

I live in Lake City, Florida. We are about 74 miles from the ocean but the last hurricane that hit us left us without power for several days.
No power is usually the biggest problem after a hurricane, I think. It's a real nuisance and always reminds me of how dependent we are on electricity.

Thats why you need a generator.
Mine will power 3 of my 5 refrigerators,the A/C and heat to the bedroom suite,master bath and the workout room,which is actually my gun room.
And the oven.
It aint big enough to run all three central A/C's but I'm good as long as I have A/C in the bedroom.

And enough gas to run it for up to 4 weeks.

Whoah! That thing's trucking this way! :eek:
It is going out to sea. It is going to get weaker as it travels. The only thing that is going to happen/ That alongside of the coast that it will be drenched with water. It just a regular storm. The one before, was a lot powerful than this one. I don't know why is the media lying. Maybe they are helping businesses to help sell disaster equipment. I know that last time. All of the stores ran out of bottled water and batteries. Who knows, maybe they has paid someone in Wasghington to push this narrative that this Hurricane is bigger and badder.
But I were the Floridians. I would of have gone fishing. This is the best time to catch those big ones. Most of them are being chase towards the shore.

I laughed my ass off at my neighbors here in Katy Texas who were transplants from california during I believe Ike in 08.
We're around 70 miles inland and the chances of any major damage this far in is very remote when it comes to wind.
They were boarding up windows like they lived in Galveston.
I went out to watch and he asked me what I was doing to prepare for the storm.
I told him I was tossing all the outdoor furniture into the pool and buying extra beer and liquor.....he looked at me kinda funny and asked me why I was throwing all my outdoor furniture into the pool,told him,because it wont fit in the garage.
He got another confused look on his face.....
I went on to explain the unlikelihood of wind damage and tossing the furniture in the pool was just a precaution because of how light it was.
I wonder to this day if he still has all those custom cut pieces of plywood. Keep in mind this is easily a 6k square foot house with a shit ton of custom windows and you'd need substantial storage space.

I hope it hits Mir-a lago & sits there for two weeks & pounds it into nothingness.

I have my roll of paper towels to send to Trump.

I hope FEMA tells Trump they have no money left because the fast ass sent to to the border.

Then Trump will file an insurance claim grossly over stating its value & gets arrested for insurance fraud & his fat ass sits in jail for the rest of his miserable life.

Just my hopes.

I hope it hits Mir-a lago & sits there for two weeks & pounds it into nothingness.

I have my roll of paper towels to send to Trump.

I hope FEMA tells Trump they have no money left because the fast ass sent to to the border.

Then Trump will file an insurance claim grossly over stating its value & gets arrested for insurance fraud & his fat ass sits in jail for the rest of his miserable life.

Just my hopes.

Kinda like that pony you never got even though Santa promised....

I live in Lake City, Florida. We are about 74 miles from the ocean but the last hurricane that hit us left us without power for several days.
No power is usually the biggest problem after a hurricane, I think. It's a real nuisance and always reminds me of how dependent we are on electricity.
Buy a generator like I did. Just don't be stupid and wait for the power to go out before getting gas.

Forum List

Back