Hunting and fishing thread!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by evenflow1969, Nov 19, 2018.

1. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    Any one out there like to hunt or fish? I have not started hunting yet this season. I guess I am still lugging the fishing poles around and have unfinished buisness there. It has been a strange year on the water. Most week ends this summer I was the only one walking around the park. Now the 30 and 40 degree weather has hit and there are more people in the parks with me. Kinda strange but it makes me happy to see people out in nature! Tell me about your fisihing and hunting trips. How are they going? I have had a good couple of weeks croppie and saugeye fishing. No trophy fish but good ones for the pan!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. bear513

bear513 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,094
    I can never catch a dang thing..I would starve to death if I didn't have a 7/11 close by.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    I had times this summer it was the same. Near impossible to catch much when it gets hot enough if you do not have a boat to get out to cooler water. That is why I keep my poles going in the fall. Those fish are fattening up for winter. Great time of the year to catch saugeye,walleye, perch and croppie. Once that water temp hits the fifties hit boat docks and other structured areas for croppie. Easy places to fish from the bank and taste great in the pan!

4. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here is what some of my buddies have been upto so far this hunting season. I was going to go down to South Carolina to join them over Thanksgiving but mom pitched a fit that I would not be at Family dinner. I thought if I ditched the wife I could hunt,fish,gamble,drink and golf unlimited but forgot the whole mom and kids limiter. I still have to show up for thanksgiving and christmas. That is my best freind with that boar. He has already gotten two this year. I am behind big time. I have not even shot my first fowl for the year yet. Still fishing at least six hours a day on days off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,583
    I haven’t hunted in years. But I fish whenever I can. Since I bank fish, I like going for catfish. More time fighting per catch.

My setup looks like a surf fishing rig. 1.5 or 2 oz weight and I get good range on my casts.

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64,699
    I was an avid saltwater fishermen until about 10 years ago when I realized we were sucking the life out of the oceans.

7. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,583
    C
    Commercial fishing is a problem. But more than that, I think what we are dumping or spilling in the oceans is worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    I cat fish during the summer. Some times. I like to go after things that taste good in the pan. This time of year mainly croppie and saugeye. Have not went north to walleye and perch fish for a while. I went saugey fishing today. Unfortunately nothing over 15 inches so nothing for the pan today. Saw some guys out phesant hunting. They got a couple of birds and were having a good day. I wanna go to mad river and do some trout fishing over the week end. I am tempted to head south to Columbia and meet some freinds bore hunting. Afraid I would not make it back by monday though. It was a cold wet one today. To my supprise there were people fishing not far from me and those two hunters I ran into. Bunch of old men in the woods today. I might go phesant hunting tomorrow. I will have to see I fished all day and never slept so I am going to work with no sleep tonight. Likely going to crash after work tomarrow.

9. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,583
    Sounds like a good life.

10. petro

petro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,964
    I gave up hunting years ago when I started working outdoors. Just have no desire to sit and freeze in a deer stand anymore.
    I fish often. My favorite waterway is on the MN,Canadian border on the Kabatogama - Crane Lake chain.
    Walleye is my primary target, but catch everything from bass, pike,crappies and perch.
    Lakes are just starting to ice over, boat put away weeks ago.
    About a few weeks before ice fishing.
    By Jan. the ice villages and roads will be on the many lakes. mille-lacs.jpg

Mille Lacs central MN. Last year, not a current photo.