Humiliation, fasting, and prayer

Again, just because you pretend the question isn't there doesn't mean it isn't. Once AGAIN --- the poster called for "praying that God's will be done" which by definition is inevitable. Which then begs the question, why "pray for" the inevitable. It would be like praying that the sun comes up tomorrow or that gravity still exists at four o'clock today. It's going to happen whether you pray for it, pray against it, or don't pray at all. It's a GIVEN.
The prayer says, "God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven..." which by definition tells us that God's will is not done on earth the way it is done in heaven. Humans have been given free choice meaning we can choose God's ways--or not. Up to us.
But you'll get punished if you don't choose god's way. So no free choice, really.
Again with the false choice logic.
It's not a free choice if there's a reward for picking a certain way.
Again with the false choice. No wonder you are so confused.

Again, just because you pretend the question isn't there doesn't mean it isn't. Once AGAIN --- the poster called for "praying that God's will be done" which by definition is inevitable. Which then begs the question, why "pray for" the inevitable. It would be like praying that the sun comes up tomorrow or that gravity still exists at four o'clock today. It's going to happen whether you pray for it, pray against it, or don't pray at all. It's a GIVEN.
The prayer says, "God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven..." which by definition tells us that God's will is not done on earth the way it is done in heaven. Humans have been given free choice meaning we can choose God's ways--or not. Up to us.
But you'll get punished if you don't choose god's way. So no free choice, really.
No, you're false. :biggrin:

Still a false choice. Who told you these three things that you believe?

Tell me why you believe God is going to punish you. Be specific.

Because I haven't bought into all the god garbage that apparently, he won't be happy, and come Judgement Day...

But you'll get punished
Or forgiven
But you could get punished for not choosing a certain way, so no real free will.
Tell me about this punishment? What is it? How do you know it will happen?
Look it up.
But I want to know what you believe and why?

Because when I tell you what I believe and why you ignore it and continue on with foolishness.

Because I haven't bought into all the god garbage that apparently, he won't be happy, and come Judgement Day...
And yet you are making the argument that you will be punished.

But you'll get punished
Or forgiven
But you could get punished for not choosing a certain way, so no real free will.
Tell me about this punishment? What is it? How do you know it will happen?
Look it up.
But I want to know what you believe and why?

Because when I tell you what I believe and why you ignore it and continue on with foolishness.
I'm too busy looking for why god created evil.

And yet you are making the argument that you will be punished.
God should be feared from what I gather.

For some of us, maybe. Not for you. It works like this: You choose God and His ways and the reward is remaining in God and His ways.

You reject God and His ways and the reward is that you do not have to join God or walk in His ways. Free will.

For some of us, maybe. Not for you. It works like this: You choose God and His ways and the reward is remaining in God and His ways.

You reject God and His ways and the reward is that you do not have to join God or walk in His ways. Free will.
But if God wants me to walk in his ways, as you put it, why would he put another choice in there? It's not free choice if one choice is a sort of punishment.

That's STILL got nothing to do with the question. I made no reference to what any "prayer says".

"All-powerful" may not be the best adjective. "Most-powerful" or "Unlimited power" should also be considered. Most powerful may be more accurate, because it allows others to have power, while still retaining most. Do you consider "All-powerful" to mean no one else has any power at all?

No. I consider it to mean the entity has the capability to do whatever it wants without restrictions.

Therefore, if such an entity wants something, it's done. The only way it would not be done would be if there were some restriction on that entity's power. But if we're stipulating that that restriction does not exist, then there's nothing preventing that "God's will" from getting done. And that means whether we pray for it, pray against it, or don't pray at all. Kind of like the electoral college.

Therefore, what, the question was, could possibly be the point of praying that "God's will be done"? That's already a foregone conclusion; it is by definition impossible for the will of "God", as described, to not be done.

You got it wrong, Pogo. God's will be done on Earth as it is in heaven is through his followers. Non-believers just want him to do miracles and then still don't believe him and that God's will be done.

More yammeryammer doubletalk that fails to address the question.

It's not BS. God's followers are doing his work here on Earth. A good tree bears good fruit. That's evidence that the triune God exists and his will is being done here on Earth as it is in heaven with the angels.

What happened in heaven first though? The top angel Lucifer and his followers rebelled against God and were sent hellbound. The same is happening on Earth as the wicked and non-believers were sent hellbound through Noah's Flood. Now, we are waiting for the final battle at Armageddon. How is that BS when we all have heard of this?

God is all-powerful, but you want things done by him the way you stipulate. God doesn't work that way. Instead, Jesus will show how you were wrong when the time comes and you'll finally get it.

You're continuing to hide behind a word salad because you can't address the question.

What part am I nothing getting through to you? This is getting tedious now. Your question is based on a stipulation that there is no restriction and that is what I was addressing. There is no restriction on God's powers, but how am I to explain our current situation when he's already demonstrated his powers by destroying everyone and every creature in the world except for the chosen. I can't speak for those peoples nor the ancient peoples, but have an idea of what they prayed for. They prayed for God's will to be done just like we do today haha. I can't believe I have to explain how it works just because you're a Pogo. Thy will be done means that we continue to live with our free will. Remember what free will caused? Sin. And it led to our destruction. What we learned from the Bible is there can't be good without the bad, so we will be led to our destruction once more. We pray that God's will be done so that we live to see another sunrise.

Last edited:
No. I consider it to mean the entity has the capability to do whatever it wants without restrictions.

Therefore, if such an entity wants something, it's done. The only way it would not be done would be if there were some restriction on that entity's power. But if we're stipulating that that restriction does not exist, then there's nothing preventing that "God's will" from getting done. And that means whether we pray for it, pray against it, or don't pray at all. Kind of like the electoral college.

Therefore, what, the question was, could possibly be the point of praying that "God's will be done"? That's already a foregone conclusion; it is by definition impossible for the will of "God", as described, to not be done.

You got it wrong, Pogo. God's will be done on Earth as it is in heaven is through his followers. Non-believers just want him to do miracles and then still don't believe him and that God's will be done.

It's not BS. God's followers are doing his work here on Earth. A good tree bears good fruit. That's evidence that the triune God exists and his will is being done here on Earth as it is in heaven with the angels.

What happened in heaven first though? The top angel Lucifer and his followers rebelled against God and were sent hellbound. The same is happening on Earth as the wicked and non-believers were sent hellbound through Noah's Flood. Now, we are waiting for the final battle at Armageddon. How is that BS when we all have heard of this?

God is all-powerful, but you want things done by him the way you stipulate. God doesn't work that way. Instead, Jesus will show how you were wrong when the time comes and you'll finally get it.

You're continuing to hide behind a word salad because you can't address the question.

What part am I nothing getting through to you? This is getting tedious now. Your question is based on a stipulation that there is no restriction and that is what I was addressing. There is no restriction on God's powers, but how am I to explain our current situation when he's already demonstrated his powers by destroying everyone and every creature in the world except for the chosen. I can't speak for those peoples nor the ancient peoples, but have an idea of what they prayed for. They prayed for God's will to be done just like we do today haha. I can't believe I have to explain how it works just because you're a Pogo. Thy will be done means that we continue to live with our free will. Remember what free will caused? Sin. And it led to our destruction. What we learned from the Bible is there can't be good without the bad, so we will be led to our destruction once more. We pray that God's will be done so that we live to see another sunrise.

Meanwhile I pray that you'll someday actually address the question.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

But if God wants me to walk in his ways, as you put it, why would he put another choice in there? It's not free choice if one choice is a sort of punishment.
You wanted God to make you a robot?

You wanted God to make you a robot?

good point TAZ-------every game NEEDS A SATAN-----
Satan on the Monopoly game board is ------"GO DIRECTLY
TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS GO" It makes the game
INTERESTING

While I'll pray that God's will be done and that one day you'll understand the answer :bigbed:.
Except I think that day will be the one where the sun won't rise for you anymore. Instead you will be rudely awoken :dev3:.

As for those still trying to figure it out, the prayer is simple and asking for the basic things.

"Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen. "

So don't be a Pogo and fall asleep on the job, but pray often and at least once daily.

That's evidence that the triune God exists and his will is being done here on Earth as it is in heaven with the angels.

only by reading your book would that be plausible, not being universally known is proof it is a manufactured belief.

the same as your signature, without having made that universally known to all living beings is proof again it was manufactured for anterior reasons.

Now, we are waiting for the final battle at Armageddon. How is that BS when we all have heard of this?

victory according to the spoken Religion of Antiquity would not be a battle but a by its very nature a peaceful and everlasting transition.

Another one who fell asleep at the switch. Why is it the non-believers who think the believers are the one who made things up? How can it be made up when the Bible explains God's word and how the universe and earth came to be. Furthermore, science backs up the Bible while we discovered that science does not back up evolution. Only those who have 'faith' and believe in Darwin's book, evolutionary thinking (which Satan handed down to Nimrod) and the fake science of ToE have been led down the path of manufactured belief. It's :bs1:. It's people who believe caca :poop:. It's the path to :dev2: god of the world and prince of the power of the air.

While I'll pray that God's will be done and that one day you'll understand the answer :bigbed:.
Except I think that day will be the one where the sun won't rise for you anymore. Instead you will be rudely awoken :dev3:.

As for those still trying to figure it out, the prayer is simple and asking for the basic things.

"Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen. "

So don't be a Pogo and fall asleep on the job, but pray often and at least once daily.

Much further out than inevitable
Halowe'en's thy game;
Sky King has come and Wilma's done
Uncertain as it is uneven
Give up this day hors d'oeuvres in bed
And give us back our truss wrappers
As we forgive those who have dressed up against us.
And need us not enter inflation
Butter, liver, onions and potatoes...

sssssssssss.....

For wine is a shingle, and a mower
and a story for your father.

Forum List

Back