Humanitarian or Political ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

“At every meeting, they would just ask me about making bracelets, so I knew it meant something to them and that they felt so passionate about it,” said Abuhamdeh, whose daughter Mariyah is also in the troop. “They were so excited. They felt, like many of us, helpless just watching from a screen.”

But soon after the St Louis-based troop announced their plans, they received a fierce response from their parent chapter, Girl Scouts of eastern Missouri. The message was clear: Girl Scouts did not participate in political and partisan activities.

This is puzzling. The national body has already admitted they were wrong. It sounds like some partisan hacks got involved and tried to impose their values on these kids.
Anyway, well done to these kids for making a stand. The experience will stand them in good stead in yesars to come.

The mother couldn't understand a difference in a troop collecting donations for Ukraine and the troop her daughter was in wanting to sell bracelets for Palestine instead of selling GS cookies the main fundraiser for the organization?

The mother couldn't understand a difference in a troop collecting donations for Ukraine and the troop her daughter was in wanting to sell bracelets for Palestine instead of selling GS cookies the main fundraiser for the organization?
Yes. Its crazy isnt it ? Why would anyone want to help kids in a warzone ?

Yes. Its crazy isnt it ? Why would anyone want to help kids in a warzone ?

Why couldn't the kids wanting to sell bracelets also sell GS cookies? Why couldn't they sell their bracelets on their own and not as GS?
Article says the girls raised over 20,000 dollars selling the bracelets, I hope someone is looking into this and any laws regarding charities that might have been broken.

Why couldn't the kids wanting to sell bracelets also sell GS cookies? Why couldn't they sell their bracelets on their own and not as GS?
Article says the girls raised over 20,000 dollars selling the bracelets, I hope someone is looking into this and any laws regarding charities that might have been broken.
What the fuck is wrong with you ?

“At every meeting, they would just ask me about making bracelets, so I knew it meant something to them and that they felt so passionate about it,” said Abuhamdeh, whose daughter Mariyah is also in the troop. “They were so excited. They felt, like many of us, helpless just watching from a screen.”

But soon after the St Louis-based troop announced their plans, they received a fierce response from their parent chapter, Girl Scouts of eastern Missouri. The message was clear: Girl Scouts did not participate in political and partisan activities.

This is puzzling. The national body has already admitted they were wrong. It sounds like some partisan hacks got involved and tried to impose their values on these kids.
Anyway, well done to these kids for making a stand. The experience will stand them in good stead in yesars to come.

Your Hamas buddies steal virtually all humanitarian aid intended for the people of Gaza.

Hamas, like you, hates the Palestinian people with a passion.

Indeed. This looks like money laundering.

Forum List

Back