Human Evolution Is Not Taught In Public Schools

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Sure, why teach a theory that may not be true and the majority of Americans (85% to 90%) do not believe?

"I Was Never Taught Where Humans Came From
Many American students, myself included, never learn the human part of evolution.
OLGA KHAZANSEPTEMBER 19, 2019

Here’s what I remember from biology class at my public high school in Texas: We learned everything there is to know about the Krebs cycle. We collected bugs in the heat and suffocated them in jars of nail-polish remover. We did not, to my recollection, learn much of anything about how the human species originated.

Most scientists believe that the beings that would become humans branched off from the common ancestor we share with chimpanzees, our closest living relatives, about 6 million years ago. We did not learn this part—the monkey part. That is, our shared ancestry with other primates. Because this was nearly 20 years ago, and memories tend to fade with time, I checked with several friends who went to the same high school at the same time. None of them recalled learning anything about human evolution, either.
The only high-school biology class I took was in ninth grade, and it was apparently so uninteresting to me that I don’t remember my teacher’s name. (My former school district did not return a request for comment.) My teachers were for the most part religious, though they appeared to stay firmly within the bounds of the state-mandated curriculum. In another class, my teacher showed us diagrams of the human eye, then snuck in a remark that the complexity of the eye is convincing evidence that there is a Creator.

I didn’t have many other opportunities to learn about humanity’s origin. The pastors at the evangelical youth group I attended—outside of school—told me it’s possible that dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time. We can’t know for sure, they said, because carbon dating is not to be trusted.

My experience was far from unusual. While only 13 percent of teachers said they advocate creationism or intelligent design in the classroom, based on a survey of 926 public-high-school biology teachers done in 2007, the most recent data available, the majority do not explicitly advocate either creationism or evolutionary biology. This “cautious 60 percent,” write the Penn State political scientists Michael Berkman and Eric Plutzer in their 2011 article on the topic, “are neither strong advocates for evolutionary biology nor explicit endorsers of nonscientific alternatives.” (Plutzer is in the process of conducting a new survey now; he told me preliminary data suggest little has changed since 2007). And there are recent examples of school administrators doubting the value of teaching evolution. In Arizona last year, three of the candidates vying for state school superintendent wanted students to be taught intelligent design, the Arizona Daily Sun reported. In 2017, a Utah school-board member nicely summed up the concept of “teaching the controversy” when she suggested “maybe just teaching theory and letting both sides of the argument come out—whether it’s intelligent design or the Darwin origin.” Except that people who study evolution also tend to believe there is no scientific controversy."

So you're blaming the school system for YOUR Ignorance
Or the politics of Indoctrinated Religious FREAKS like YOU not allowing it in those schools.
Or both?

And once again...
A "scientific theory," is a well substantiated set of ideas, NOT mere conjecture/the common usage of 'theory,' that is the STUPID or DISHONEST numero uno among Ignorant godists.

160 years and many new sciences and NONE contradict it,
and all relevant ones help confirm it. (DNA, Isotopic dating, etc, etc)

`
`
`

Last edited:
So you're blaming the school system for YOUR Ignorance
Or the politics of Indoctrinated Religious FREAKS like YOU not allowing it in those schools.
Or both?

And once again...
A "scientific theory," is a well substantiated set of ideas, NOT mere conjecture/the common usage of 'theory,' that is the STUPID or DISHONEST numero uno among Ignorant godists.

160 years and many new sciences and NONE contradict it.,
and all relevant ones help confirm it. (DNA, Isotopic dating, etc, etc)

`
`
`

My, my. I just said that schools don't teach it because it's just a hypothesis that isn't widely accepted by most Americans. Even Darwin didn't say humans came from monkeys.

I thought it was a revelation that schools today do not teach human evolution because likely they do not know or have developed the theory as well as natural selection.

Thus, you and humans could have been created.

I'm not sure of the numbers, yet, but it seems educators are willing to teach creation as a religion in public schools. It would include how humans developed. They won't consider it in science classrooms, but they may consider intelligent design for science.

Sure, why teach a theory that may not be true and the majority of Americans (85% to 90%) do not believe?
You need to get a good natural science book that discusses evolution before embarrassing yourself anymore in claiming you know what a theory is or is not.

This isn't about natural science. There are plenty of threads here of creation science vs evolution. This is about what the majority of Americans believe and it isn't human evolution, i.e. humans evolved from monkeys. They believe in creation. It also touches what people are willing to allow to be taught in schools such as creation as a religion. Or ID as science.

So, in regards to books, you can use your book in evolution science classes while the Bible can be used in creation classes.

The Truth is NOT a Poll.
It's a FACT.
The less people that know facts leads to ******* society and leaders like our last
(and morons like James Bond)

`

`

I'm not sure of the numbers, yet, but it seems educators are willing to teach creation as a religion in public schools. It would include how humans developed. They won't consider it in science classrooms, but they may consider intelligent design for science.
It makes no difference what educators want or don't want when it comes to religion in public schools. It's a violation of the constitution to teach religion in the public schools.

ID'iot creationism is not science.

"I Was Never Taught Where Humans Came From
Many American students, myself included, never learn the human part of evolution.
OLGA KHAZANSEPTEMBER 19, 2019

Here’s what I remember from biology class at my public high school in Texas: We learned everything there is to know about the Krebs cycle. We collected bugs in the heat and suffocated them in jars of nail-polish remover. We did not, to my recollection, learn much of anything about how the human species originated.

Most scientists believe that the beings that would become humans branched off from the common ancestor we share with chimpanzees, our closest living relatives, about 6 million years ago. We did not learn this part—the monkey part. That is, our shared ancestry with other primates. Because this was nearly 20 years ago, and memories tend to fade with time, I checked with several friends who went to the same high school at the same time. None of them recalled learning anything about human evolution, either.
The only high-school biology class I took was in ninth grade, and it was apparently so uninteresting to me that I don’t remember my teacher’s name. (My former school district did not return a request for comment.) My teachers were for the most part religious, though they appeared to stay firmly within the bounds of the state-mandated curriculum. In another class, my teacher showed us diagrams of the human eye, then snuck in a remark that the complexity of the eye is convincing evidence that there is a Creator.

I didn’t have many other opportunities to learn about humanity’s origin. The pastors at the evangelical youth group I attended—outside of school—told me it’s possible that dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time. We can’t know for sure, they said, because carbon dating is not to be trusted.

My experience was far from unusual. While only 13 percent of teachers said they advocate creationism or intelligent design in the classroom, based on a survey of 926 public-high-school biology teachers done in 2007, the most recent data available, the majority do not explicitly advocate either creationism or evolutionary biology. This “cautious 60 percent,” write the Penn State political scientists Michael Berkman and Eric Plutzer in their 2011 article on the topic, “are neither strong advocates for evolutionary biology nor explicit endorsers of nonscientific alternatives.” (Plutzer is in the process of conducting a new survey now; he told me preliminary data suggest little has changed since 2007). And there are recent examples of school administrators doubting the value of teaching evolution. In Arizona last year, three of the candidates vying for state school superintendent wanted students to be taught intelligent design, the Arizona Daily Sun reported. In 2017, a Utah school-board member nicely summed up the concept of “teaching the controversy” when she suggested “maybe just teaching theory and letting both sides of the argument come out—whether it’s intelligent design or the Darwin origin.” Except that people who study evolution also tend to believe there is no scientific controversy."

"Many American students, myself included, never learn the human part of evolution."

Was ''Olga'' not paying attention in class?

"Many American students, myself included, never learn the human part of evolution."

Was ''Olga'' not paying attention in class?

I think Olga was, but human evolution was not part of the curriculum. There is no evidence for a common ancestor since Lucy was a chimpanzee.

Which makes me ask were you taught human evolution?

The Truth is NOT a Poll.
It's a FACT.
The less people that know facts leads to ******* society and leaders like our last
(and morons like James Bond)

The truth is people weren't taught human evolution. Human evolution isn't a fact. Even Darwin didn't say that. Furthermore, there is no valid evidence for a common ancestor. That kills it right there. And who wants to be a monkey's uncle like you? Are you hairy, eat bananas, sh*t in the jungle, and walk on fours?

I'm not ignorant one who believes in lies haha.

You believe humans popped out of thin air. You're a weak-minded fool that needs to believe in creationism so badly that you'll go to any absurd length to do so, including blatantly ignoring reality.

The truth is people weren't taught human evolution. Human evolution isn't a fact. Even Darwin didn't say that. Furthermore, there is no valid evidence for a common ancestor. That kills it right there. And who wants to be a monkey's uncle like you? Are you hairy, eat bananas, sh*t in the jungle, and walk on fours?
Evolution is a FACT and a Theory.

When Darwin said it the first time, it was just his systematic observation.. OF COURSE.
160 Years and tons of evidence later it is now a Fact as well as a theory. Like Gravity.

I've bumped up two refresher course you couldn't have missed but for religious blinders.

`

Last edited:
This is a Hollywood version (screenplay doesn't follow the Bible exactly), but it gives one an idea of how humans came to be.

Evolution is a FACT and a Theory.

When Darwin said it the first time, it was just his systematic observation.. OF COURSE.
160 Years and tons of evidence later it is now a Fact as well as a theory. Like Gravity.

I've bumped up two refresher course you couldn't have missed but for religious blinders.

`

You're just repeating the biology or ToE. Thus, it's a THEORY. It clearly states it is a theory. If it was a fact, then both sides can use it.

Instead, what I am discussing is human evolution which did not happen and isn't taught in schools. Who is going to be dumb enough to believe all the fakery and fraud that went on with fraudulent fossils?

0055_12.gif

Forum List

Back