HuffPo: Catholics are Jesus Eaters; Pedophiles, etc.

Well, I hate to tell you this, but since Doyle isn't running for anything except for maybe comedian of the year (he should hang it up), that doesn't surprise me. I would not expect you even gave Santorum a first thought let alone a second one. :lol:

Immie

Larry Doyle (writer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't think he will hang it up.

He worked on Beavis and Butthead? Only more proof that he should hang it up. I would not want that crap on my resume.

Immie

So, Beavis and Butthead is autobiographical.... I did not see that coming. :lol:

Well, I hate to tell you this, but since Doyle isn't running for anything except for maybe comedian of the year (he should hang it up), that doesn't surprise me. I would not expect you even gave Santorum a first thought let alone a second one. :lol:

Immie

Larry Doyle (writer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't think he will hang it up.

He worked on Beavis and Butthead? Only more proof that he should hang it up. I would not want that crap on my resume.

Immie
He's a real literary giant.

I did go back and read the second one.

His excuses hold no weight with me.

I won't be voting for Santorum and honestly I really had considered it when he first got into the picture, but I do not approve of anything he has said regarding anyone's faith over the past several months. But, quite frankly, I have now read two articles written by Larry Doyle and I have come away with one impression of him. That is that he is as big of an ass as Rick Santorum

Immie
I wouldn't vote for either one of them.

Immie
I have to admit that I'm not surprised that most on the right downplayed Santorum's attack on Obama's (and many other people's) religion while melting down over some idiot that posts on a blog.

Not surprised in the least.

I wouldn't vote for either one of them.

Immie
I have to admit that I'm not surprised that most on the right downplayed Santorum's attack on Obama's (and many other people's) religion while melting down over some idiot that posts on a blog.

Then start a thread about it. Deflection fail, yet again.

Immie

It's not a deflection, dumbass, it's part of the discussion. The guy wrote a satirical piece poking at Santorum's religion because Santorum dissed people that believe differently than he does.

Listen? Did I hear a beep? Yes! I do believe the short bus is here to take you to school.

Immie

Very sad, normally Ravi is all about personal accountability of everyone, regardless of party affiliation............

................................................................................

Very sad, normally Ravi is all about personal accountability of everyone, regardless of party affiliation............

................................................................................

Are you being sarcastic?

Wait, forget that I asked that question, of course, you are.

Immie

It's not a deflection, dumbass, it's part of the discussion. The guy wrote a satirical piece poking at Santorum's religion because Santorum dissed people that believe differently than he does.

Listen? Did I hear a beep? Yes! I do believe the short bus is here to take you to school.
And, guess what, moron?

The topic of the thread is what he wrote.

It was offensive to the majority of those with faith in the USA. And, as the HuffPo wipes Obama's nose and ass regularly, I doubt the writer or the HuffPo did Obama any service at all. And, I am not disappointed at all.

And, I truly am sorry that eludes you. I would say it's a tragedy of education, but I am sure by now that you are both intellectually challenged AND dishonest.

Idiot.

Last edited:

:lol: It doesn't take too long to catch on here, does it?

Smoke and mirrors? Issues of distraction? Religious freedom in this country is a serious topic. At least for people of faith.

How would the religion of peace react to such an article. A "strongly worded" letter?

Religious freedom is indeed important. And just is important is freedom of speech. Is the guy who wrote the article in charge of the Government Office of Shutting Down Catholicism?

Who didn't see this coming?
A group of socially conservative leaders is demanding Huffington Post publisher Arianna Huffington apologize for allowing a column to be published on her website that compares Catholics to pedophiles and attacks communion as a "barbaric ritual."

"Larry Doyle's recent anti-Catholic screed in the Huffington Post, 'The Jesus-Eating Cult of Rick Santorum,' is bigoted and unacceptable, and a perfect example of 'flame-throwing, name-calling, and simplistic attack dog rhetoric'" that Huffington pledged to avoid when she launched the Huffington Post in 2005.

"If such an article was written concerning the Islamic or Jewish faith, the public outcry would be overwhelming, and rightly so. But anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable form of bigotry, and The Huffington Post is taking advantage of that bigotry for all it's worth," they continue.

Read more: Conservative Leaders Demand Apology From Huffington Over Anti-Catholic Column | Fox News

:evil:

Oh my where do I start? lol

"and attacks communion as a "barbaric ritual." Really? if this asshole thinks eating a wafer made of flour and water, that is barely recognizable as bread much less Christ and some grape juice/wine is Barbaric, he should visit the Middle East. Woman are stoned for even the suspicion of impropriety.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMrn9ja5iU&feature=related]Abuse of women in the Taliban - YouTube[/ame]

Who didn't see this coming?
A group of socially conservative leaders is demanding Huffington Post publisher Arianna Huffington apologize for allowing a column to be published on her website that compares Catholics to pedophiles and attacks communion as a "barbaric ritual."

"Larry Doyle's recent anti-Catholic screed in the Huffington Post, 'The Jesus-Eating Cult of Rick Santorum,' is bigoted and unacceptable, and a perfect example of 'flame-throwing, name-calling, and simplistic attack dog rhetoric'" that Huffington pledged to avoid when she launched the Huffington Post in 2005.

"If such an article was written concerning the Islamic or Jewish faith, the public outcry would be overwhelming, and rightly so. But anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable form of bigotry, and The Huffington Post is taking advantage of that bigotry for all it's worth," they continue.

Read more: Conservative Leaders Demand Apology From Huffington Over Anti-Catholic Column | Fox News

:evil:

Oh my where do I start? lol

"and attacks communion as a "barbaric ritual." Really? if this asshole thinks eating a wafer made of flour and water, that is barely recognizable as bread much less Christ and some grape juice/wine is Barbaric, he should visit the Middle East. Woman are stoned for even the suspicion of impropriety.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMrn9ja5iU&feature=related]Abuse of women in the Taliban - YouTube[/ame]

So it IS just bread and grape juice. AHA! I thought so.

So if I'm following the convuluted anti-Santorum apologists here, it is ok to insult millions of people because it is legal? Hmmmm. So if Santorum was a Muslim, or a Jew, or Black, or gay...,_____________________________(Fill in the blanks)

Hypocrites.

So if I'm following the convuluted anti-Santorum apologists here, it is ok to insult millions of people because it is legal? Hmmmm. So if Santorum was a Muslim, or a Jew, or Black, or gay...,_____________________________(Fill in the blanks)

Hypocrites.

No...I believe it is LEGAL to insult millions of people because it is LEGAL.

Just like it is LEGAL to insult people who LEGALLY insult millions of people.

Just like it is LEGAL to insult people who LEGALLY insult people who LEGALLY insult millions of people.

So it IS just bread and grape juice. AHA! I thought so.
Well, at some churches.

pope.jpg

Hypocrites.

No...I believe it is LEGAL to insult millions of people because it is LEGAL.

Just like it is LEGAL to insult people who LEGALLY insult millions of people.

Just like it is LEGAL to insult people who LEGALLY insult people who LEGALLY insult millions of people.

Thanks for clearing up that legal mystery. :cuckoo:

I said is it ok because it's legal? And if so would it be ok if we replaced Catholic with something else?

Would. HuffPo have printed it?

Forum List

Back