HuffPo: Catholics are Jesus Eaters; Pedophiles, etc.

all i know is religion seems to divide most....southern baptists dont think catholics are christians but try to get them to admit that....

i just find catholics suddenly playing the victim card rather ironic.....how many have been killed in the name of the church?
Maybe the ramped up attacks by partisan Democrats has a bit to do with that.

Wow, that's a tough puzzle to solve. :rolleyes:

The asswipe author needs to apologize and so does the asswipe boss of that rag. The Muslims would accept no less.

On the bright side, it's highly unlikely that the Pope will issue a fatwah against the author, or the publisher. :lol:

On second thought, I hope the author and the bitch don't apologize. They are associated with consistently wiping Obama's ass, and there are a lot of Catholics in this country.
Why not read LK's links?

Oh, right, you enjoy wallowing in confirmation bias.

I have read the first one. I am still debating as to whether or not to bother to read the second one.

I hope that you do realize that despite the fact that the first one was about as funny as being attacked by an entire hive of Africanized Honey Bees, it was in the "Comedy" section of HuffPost. I am not a Catholic, but I think it really belonged in the "Trash".

I am a Protestant. This fool, Doyle, tried to appeal to people of the Christian faith with this gratuitous remark at the end:

Santorum has also remained silent on his religious organization's various reigns of terror, in which good protestants and others were tortured and killed in imaginatively grisly ways. Even more chilling is a possible connection between the Roman Catholic Church pedophile program and NAMBLA, which I discovered after conducting some research on the internet.

Ordinarily I would be loathe to discuss all this, feeling that issues of faith and religion should be kept out of politics. But it's far too late for that, and I have an obligation to expose this phony theology that threatens to supplant Christianity as our official national religion.

I really hope he does not think he is actually funny.

Immie

Last edited:
all i know is religion seems to divide most....southern baptists dont think catholics are christians but try to get them to admit that....

i just find catholics suddenly playing the victim card rather ironic.....how many have been killed in the name of the church?
Maybe the ramped up attacks by partisan Democrats has a bit to do with that.

Wow, that's a tough puzzle to solve. :rolleyes:

The asswipe author needs to apologize and so does the asswipe boss of that rag. The Muslims would accept no less.

On the bright side, it's highly unlikely that the Pope will issue a fatwah against the author, or the publisher. :lol:
And these same ones here would be demanding an apology because we can't have cavemen offended.

On second thought, I hope the author and the bitch don't apologize. They are associated with consistently wiping Obama's ass, and there are a lot of Catholics in this country.
Why not read LK's links?

I have read the first one. I am still debating as to whether or not to bother to read the second one.

I hope that you do realize that despite the fact that the first one was about as funny as being attacked by an entire hive of Africanized Honey Bees, it was in the "Comedy" section of HuffPost. I am not a Catholic, but I think it really belonged in the "Trash".

I am a Protestant. This fool, Doyle, tried to appeal to people of the Christian faith with this gratuitous remark at the end:

Ordinarily I would be loathe to discuss all this, feeling that issues of faith and religion should be kept out of politics. But it's far too late for that, and I have an obligation to expose this phony theology that threatens to supplant Christianity as our official national religion.

Immie

You should read the second one.

I don't think it was funny, either. But he was making a point. Santorum attacks people of faith and HE is running for office.

Smoke and mirrors? Issues of distraction? Religious freedom in this country is a serious topic. At least for people of faith.

How would the religion of peace react to such an article. A "strongly worded" letter?

And who's taking away anyone's religious freedom? Your freedom doesn't give you the "freedom" to take away other people's rights. Like the right to free speech. Muslim bashing by the right is their favorite spectactor sport. You guys keep talking about "creeping Sharia" while totally overlooking "Christian Dominionism" and attempts to codify religious doctrine.

So the shoe is on the other foot?

Gosh.

Why not read LK's links?

Immie

I don't think it was funny, either. But he was making a point. Santorum attacks people of faith and HE is running for office.
Santorum didn't write this. Deflection fail.

I won't say that Catholics need to lighten up or learn to take a joke, because the piece wasn't intended to be light-hearted or funny. It was satire, meaning... well, you can look that up. (It was probably a mistake to put it in the Comedy section; the editors wanted readers to know it was not to be taken literally.)

ftfa

Democrats are jealous of the muslims. If they could get a nice conflict going in this country like the sunni v. shia wars in the middle east they would be overjoyed. Democrats salivate over the way the muslims in the middle east kill the Christians. If only they could get such a religious war going here, their "Christian" problem would be solved.

Rick Santorum emptied the democrat's lower bowels. They had no idea that there were so many Christians left. They thought the liberal indoctrination left just a few, a fringe, not to worry about. The number has surprised them.

Immie

Santorum didn't write this. Deflection fail.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were stupid.

Why not read LK's links?

Immie

I did go back and read the second one.

His excuses hold no weight with me.

I won't be voting for Santorum and honestly I really had considered it when he first got into the picture, but I do not approve of anything he has said regarding anyone's faith over the past several months. But, quite frankly, I have now read two articles written by Larry Doyle and I have come away with one impression of him. That is that he is as big of an ass as Rick Santorum

Immie

Democrats are jealous of the muslims. If they could get a nice conflict going in this country like the sunni v. shia wars in the middle east they would be overjoyed. Democrats salivate over the way the muslims in the middle east kill the Christians. If only they could get such a religious war going here, their "Christian" problem would be solved.

Rick Santorum emptied the democrat's lower bowels. They had no idea that there were so many Christians left. They thought the liberal indoctrination left just a few, a fringe, not to worry about. The number has surprised them.

043931027d.gif

Immie

I won't be voting for Santorum and honestly I really had considered it when he first got into the picture, but I do not approve of anything he has said regarding anyone's faith over the past several months. But, quite frankly, I have now read two articles written by Larry Doyle and I have come away with one impression of him. That is that he is as big of an ass as Rick Santorum

Immie
Yup.

Apparently now that the HuffyPuffy has posted something offensive to not just Catholics, but Christians in general, there is now no such thing as an offensive joke.

I really do hope they don't apologize at all, from a political advantage standpoint. It really won't mean much anyway. How would one who makes a deliberate decision to write and publish clear shit, say that they had no idea it would offend? That speaks volumes, too.

Immie

Immie
I wouldn't vote for either one of them.

Smoke and mirrors? Issues of distraction? Religious freedom in this country is a serious topic. At least for people of faith.

How would the religion of peace react to such an article. A "strongly worded" letter?

And who's taking away anyone's religious freedom? Your freedom doesn't give you the "freedom" to take away other people's rights. Like the right to free speech. Muslim bashing by the right is their favorite spectactor sport. You guys keep talking about "creeping Sharia" while totally overlooking "Christian Dominionism" and attempts to codify religious doctrine.

So the shoe is on the other foot?

Gosh.

Why are you bashing people for exercising their right to free speech?

I generally do not bash muslims although I am not immune to throwing in a comment about using women and children as suicide bombers to get their "message" out.

You are attacking people for doing nothing more than speaking out against muslims? Now tell me who is really in favor of limiting someone's right to free speech? Are you sure that would not be you?

Immie

Immie
Yup.

Apparently now that the HuffyPuffy has posted something offensive to not just Catholics, but Christians in general, there is now no such thing as an offensive joke.

I really do hope they don't apologize at all, from a political advantage standpoint. It really won't mean much anyway. How would one who makes a deliberate decision to write and publish clear shit, say that they had no idea it would offend? That speaks volumes, too.

I'm actually quite comfortable with the HuffPuff publishing these 'satirical' pieces about Catholicism. It'll remind Catholics of how the left views Catholicism, and Christianity in general.... and that will help the GOP nominee.

Interestingly, in both Michigan and Arizona.... Romney took the Catholic vote away from Santorum.

Immie

Well, I hate to tell you this, but since Doyle isn't running for anything except for maybe comedian of the year (he should hang it up), that doesn't surprise me. I would not expect you even gave Santorum a first thought let alone a second one. :lol:

Immie

Immie

Well, I hate to tell you this, but since Doyle isn't running for anything except for maybe comedian of the year (he should hang it up), that doesn't surprise me. I would not expect you even gave Santorum a first thought let alone a second one. :lol:

Immie

Larry Doyle (writer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't think he will hang it up.

Immie

He worked on Beavis and Butthead? Only more proof that he should hang it up. I would not want that crap on my resume.

Immie

Immie

He worked on Beavis and Butthead? Only more proof that he should hang it up. I would not want that crap on my resume.

Immie

hehehehehehe

Forum List

Back