Huckabee/Palin in 2012

Sorry, buckaroo.

Well you know what they say about opinions: Everyone has one among other things.

For now we can agree that Obama will be the next President, the Democrats have Congress and the American people will give them about a year to see what they do with their power.

It'll be interesting to watch.

P.S. As for Schumer I was referring to the run he caused on that California bank. Some feel that may have been the catalyst for the economic meltdown. If so, Obama owes him dinner.

Last edited:
Gotta disagree with ya on that one. Without Palin, McCain loses by 15 points. With Palin, McCain had a fighting chance until the stock market meltdown in mid September.

Remember that the Palin picked sucked the air out of the room the next morning after Obama's Denver speech. No other pick would have done that. She dominated the news cycle for the next two weeks and had Obama defending. Remember Democrats were getting really worried.

Then the stock market crash. This gave Obama the chance to look Presidential (which he did) and the economy dominated the first debate on "foreign policy" and the rest of the campaign.

Without the stock market crashing McCain may have still lost but he'd have been a lot closer and Palin would have been part of that.

If the stock market had not crashed and there had been an equivalent overseas event i.e. a terrorist attack then likely Mccain wins the election.

Outside events had more to do with the outcome then anything else. In this case that event was the stockmarket crash.

Note: Obama may very well owe his victory to Schumer. If you don't know why then you're not well informed.

None of which stopped the pick from being embarassing and an insult to women.

You lost N.Carolina in the heart of red country... you need to ask yourself why that was.

Part of the reason is increased immigration (progressively fewer white male voters) and increased urbanization across the country including red states (progressively fewer rural voters), two trends that will continue and which no republican pundit has yet to realize or address in the "what do we do now to save our party" conversation.

It will be 60 months before he's elected. Hmmm...that's three more years than Obama served as a Senator. And, as I've said, governor experience is far more valuable than Senate experience, especially in a state like Louisiana. Look at the problems he's faced with, namely restoring New Orleans.

I think he'll have a lot of clout in four years, and I think he, Palin, and Huckabee will all be major players in the Republican nomination. I predict that at least one of those three will be on the ticket, either at the top or as VP. Romney and Pawlentey, of course, are both possibilities.

You know, there are way better conservatives than just the ones the MSM pimps 24/7.

Romney isn't a conservative, first of all. He's no more a conservative than McCain is. Huckabee only cares about social issues and religion, otherwise he's got a blemished record when it comes to conservatism as well. Not to mention his little statement a couple weeks ago that a "secret source" told him that there's some "terrorism" going on in the stock market because of multiple late-day spikes. Like those aren't common during bear markets. :rolleyes:

Come on dude, you should be thinking outside the box. Are you even a conservative? You were a Hillary supporter in the beginning.

There's a guy by the name of Jeff Flake in Congress who's a better conservative then ANYONE the MSM pimps. But he's not a neocon, so he gets no love.

Last edited:
What about religious intolerance? I think Romney would have been a tough campaigner in the general.

Romney was the most qualified and best candidate out there. Social Conservatives are destroying the Republican Party. As a true Conservative, I want smaller government, and I want a government that does not dictate what I can and can't do based on religious ideologies.

That is not to say I want religion completely removed from all facets of our lives. This country was founded by those with strong religious and mostly Christian beliefs and values. That does not mean we should shove those beliefs and values down everyone's throat.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and just assume they are punch drunk from this past election.

I would be after taking that kind of a beating ...

Yes, some people like her, particularly republicans, but picking her was an embarassment and insult to women.

Apparently there were plenty of women that did not feel that way. By the way Greta is on her way to Alaska to interview her for broadcast Monday night.

Romney was the most qualified and best candidate out there. Social Conservatives are destroying the Republican Party. As a true Conservative, I want smaller government, and I want a government that does not dictate what I can and can't do based on religious ideologies.

That is not to say I want religion completely removed from all facets of our lives. This country was founded by those with strong religious and mostly Christian beliefs and values. That does not mean we should shove those beliefs and values down everyone's throat.

I agree with you, but Romney is not the guy to be picking to lead the conservative movement. He's an establishment hack.

Look to guys like Jeff Flake, a conservative congressman who's record is far better than any of the MSM douchebags.

The question that needs to be asked is, do Republicans want the party to move back to the right, or are they satisfied with center-left policy. Because as I see it, the Republican party is no longer the party of the right. I don't think it ever will be, because the voter base in this country is moving left.

Actually.. more people in this country consider themselves conservatives than liberals... with the majority still considering themselves moderates... this is still pretty much a slightly right of center country... I do not see, nor do I thin the REP party should become, the party of the middle... that is reactionary to the extremists on the left... just because we have a very vocal minority of uber-liberals, does not mean we should abandon our principles as conservatives

I agree with you, but Romney is not the guy to be picking to lead the conservative movement. He's an establishment hack.

Look to guys like Jeff Flake, a conservative congressman who's record is far better than any of the MSM douchebags.

The question that needs to be asked is, do Republicans want the party to move back to the right, or are they satisfied with center-left policy. Because as I see it, the Republican party is no longer the party of the right. I don't think it ever will be, because the voter base in this country is moving left.

The bashing of Palin by Media, Libs and Dems should tell you she scares the crap out of them.

Well you know what they say about opinions: Everyone has one among other things.

For now we can agree that Obama will be the next President, the Democrats have Congress and the American people will give them about a year to see what they do with their power.

It'll be interesting to watch.

P.S. As for Schumer I was referring to the run he caused on that California bank. Some feel that may have been the catalyst for the economic meltdown. If so, Obama owes him dinner.

Only the right wing morons think that Schumer caused the run for saying there was a problem.

Try blaming YOUR guys for causing the problem in the first place.

The bashing of Palin by Media, Libs and Dems should tell you she scares the crap out of them.

You're nuts, aren't you?

It's not the "media, libs and dems" who are bashing her

so stop spewing trash...

IT'S THE REPUBS WHO ARE TRASHING HER... lol...

:cuckoo:

Me? I think you should keep letting her talk... and stay a marginalized party.

Wooo Hoooo!!!

I really hope you don't think that chick is the future of the republican party. She makes a fine governor of a secluded, sparsely populated state. As far as mainstream America goes, she does not have what it takes.

I don't feel comfortable knowing that before she can be considered "ready", she's going to have to be poked and prodded by the establishment goons to get her in political shape to make a real run.

And she's way too religious. When you start referring to wars as being "God's will", you are automatically disqualified as far as I'm concerned. That's the crap the Republicans need to be distancing themselves from. Evangelicals will vote republican as long as they know the candidate believes in god. That's all that should be required. There shouldn't be a candidate invoking the so-called "word of god" during their campaign. That's going to lose the independent vote.

Palin's a pretty face, and nothing more. She was fun to look at, but she's not a president.

Forum List

Back