Obama win boosts optimism

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
In the first major poll since Barack Obama's landmark victory, the vast majority of Americans are buying into his message of hope -- far more than his share of the popular vote.

The USA Today/Gallup survey, conducted on Wednesday, asked how people felt about Obama's election: 67 percent said proud, 67 percent said optimistic, and 59 percent said excited. Thirty percent said pessimistic and 27 percent said afraid.

The election of the nation's first African-American president also has people more optimistic about race relations. According to the poll, two-thirds of Americans say that relations between blacks and whites "will eventually be worked out" in the United States, the highest percentage since Gallup first asked the question in the middle of the civil rights revolution in 1963.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/11/obama_win_boost.html

Last edited:
In the first major poll since Barack Obama's landmark victory, the vast majority of Americans are buying into his message of hope -- far more than his share of the popular vote.

The USA Today/Gallup survey, conducted on Wednesday, asked how people felt about Obama's election: 67 percent said proud, 67 percent said optimistic, and 59 percent said excited. Thirty percent said pessimistic and 27 percent said afraid.

The election of the nation's first African-American president also has people more optimistic about race relations. According to the poll, two-thirds of Americans say that relations between blacks and whites "will eventually be worked out" in the United States, the highest percentage since Gallup first asked the question in the middle of the civil rights revolution in 1963.

Obama win boosts optimism, poll says - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Apparently, Wall St. hasn't heard about this...

People in N.Y.C. are making EYE CONTACT?!?!?

This Obama thing has gone too far.

Wall st. doesn't represent main st.

Wall st effects Main streets's optimism.....:eusa_whistle:

Wall ST. has lost 10% of its value in the two days following the election.

Last edited:

Obama win boosts optimism, poll says - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Sure it boosts optimism. That's why the Dow dropped 500 points, right? Dumbass.

F*ck you, asswipe. You think the world started yesterday? I distinctly recall leftoid maggots blaming a drop in the stock market the day after Bush was elected on Bush.

But it's different now, right? Hypocritical piece of trash.

Now you are saying two wrongs make a right.

Stock prices are based on earnings.

No.

The Dow went down because of earnings reports which look backward.

Just like Republicans.

S-u-u-u-u-re it did. And that's what the leftazoid media was reporting to, right? You were in what? 2nd grade then?

Face it ... your boy's not creating optimism. He sure as Hell isn't with wealthy investors and guess what? When wealthy investors start hoarding their dollars or taking them overseas, they don't invest them here. Not investing them here means blue collar workers don't have jobs. That means I don't have a job.

But look at the bright side ... rather than just despising you leftwingnut morons for hijacking my party, I can HATE you for putting me out of work cuz you're so damned smart.

Now you are saying two wrongs make a right.

Stock prices are based on earnings.
stock market prices are based on a LOT of things, one is earnings, another is pure speculation
what is expected to happen based on past examples and future expectations

Last edited:

?? I am confused

67%
67%
59%
37%
27%

Is that from one poll?
I thought polls were suppose to equal 100, I didn't look at the link maybe they explain it better

An interesting poll would be to find out how many people actually think Obama will be helping them with their mortgage payments and filling up their car with gas.

Wall ST. has lost 10% of its value in the two days following the election.

biggest two day percentage drop in over 20 years

...and this nonsense about trying to separate wall street from main street has reminded me of the late, great Paul Tsongas who said "Democrats Love Employment, but They Hate Employers"

Forum List

Back