Howard Stern and Jesse Ventura in 2016?

Howard Stern could be an effective media advisor to any politician. His endorsement is more meaningful than that of many sought by pols.

He is, after all, the King of all Media.

He is the best interviewer alive today. YouTube some of his interviews. Brilliant.

What? He is not, omg.. He's a fun guy but a has been.

His interviews with Metallica, James Franco, James Caan in the past two weeks are examples of masterful programming.

He is certainly not a has been.

Howard Stern could be an effective media advisor to any politician. His endorsement is more meaningful than that of many sought by pols.

He is the best interviewer alive today. YouTube some of his interviews. Brilliant.

What's a "has been?"

His interviews with Metallica, James Franco, James Caan in the past two weeks are examples of masterful programming.

Only a clueless fool would call him a has been. He's the highest paid DJ in the history of the world, hes a best selling author, produced and starred in a critically acclaimed blockbuster movie, he's a judge on AGT, he owns a production company, he owns his own cable TV CHANNEL, and the Howard stern show alone has over 100 employees, including an entire news department. He's on fire and as relevant as anyone in entertainment. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone bigger than Howard. Maybe Oprah?

Last edited:

Only a clueless fool would call him a has been. He's the highest paid DJ in the history of the world, hes a best selling author, produced and starred in a critically acclaimed blockbuster movie, he's a judge on AGT, he owns a production company, he owns his own cable TV CHANNEL, and the Howard stern show alone has over 100 employees, including an entire news department. He's on fire and as relevant as anyone in entertainment. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone bigger than Howard. Maybe Oprah?

He is a judge on America's Got Talent for god's sake, with Howie Mandell. :redface: I haven't actually checked but Imus is a great old DJ and he's paid very well too. His show is on FOX Business Channel and his work with kids who have cancer on the Imus ranch is commendable.

Howard is a nice enough person but he ain't the greatest or the funniest or the richest. Rush is probably richer than Howard and he is on AM radio.

We don't need the funniest, the richest, the most business successful. We need someone with common sense, isn't a chickenshit, a liar, and an embarassment to this country.

He is a judge on America's Got Talent for god's sake, with Howie Mandell. :redface: I haven't actually checked but Imus is a great old DJ and he's paid very well too. His show is on FOX Business Channel and his work with kids who have cancer on the Imus ranch is commendable.

Howard is a nice enough person but he ain't the greatest or the funniest or the richest. Rush is probably richer than Howard and he is on AM radio.

Imus?

Rush?

Discussion ended.

Funniest? I suppose that's up to personal preference, but Chris Rock says Howard is the funniest person of all time. He said it took him 2 years to write his jokes for that legendary HBO special, while Howard is knocking them dead every day by simply making jokes up spontaneously.

You are talking about things I know you have a very limited understanding of. His original Sirius contract was a $500,000,000 contract for 5 years, and then he signed for at least the same amount a second time, if not more. He said he refused take a pay cut on the second contract. That means he made a BILLION dollars from 10 years at Sirius alone (nevermind how much hes made from everything else over the past 35 years), though much of it is in company stock. You are high if you think Rush is getting $100 million per year.

Edit: I have the answer!

Rush Limbaugh just agreed to an eight-year, $400-million-plus extension with Clear Channel to stay on the air. Limbaugh’s deal includes an upfront $100-million signing bonus, which means the annualized average salary will be somewhere in the neighbourhood of $37 million through to 2016.

Howard Stern makes 3 times more than Rush makes, and you called him a has been. You must be embarrassed now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why the Libertarian party is even still necessary, as Libertarians and Tea Party types have already completely taken the Republican Party hostage.
Do you say inflammatory things just to get a rise out of people, or are you really this stupid?

I'm not sure why the Libertarian party is even still necessary, as Libertarians and Tea Party types have already completely taken the Republican Party hostage.
Do you say inflammatory things just to get a rise out of people, or are you really this stupid?

You know, I often wonder that about half the board. I've almost PM'd people to say "You're just trolling, right? You can't possibly believe that shit."

But I figure they wouldn't be honest anyway.

You do not have to agree. But they are when it comes to radio.

No, they are not. The folks on the radio are well paid and well supported by the establishment. People out in the hinterland, the grassroots only believe themselves to be, "tea party" or "libertarian."

The truth of the matter is, all American political thought and ideology is controlled by big corporate interests and the big financial banking cartels on Wall Street. Over the main issues? There are NO DIFFERENCES between the two parties. They just make it appear that way. It is all political theater for the masses. So when this third rail political movement appeared, desirous of a new accountability on Wall Street, it was a threat to both parties. One had to co-opt it. This new movement's philosophy was more in tune with the stated goals of the Republican party, that of smaller government. So the Republican establishment sent in it's operatives to take it over. The did it quite successfully I might add.

Thus, into it were injected nasty social issues to delegitimize and splinter the movement. Likewise, establishment Republicans have no desire to end regulatory corruption. They are the ones on the radio. Investigate the link between Clear Channel and Mitt Romney, I think you will be surprised at what you find. The Tea Party movement was a grass roots movement, that within two years was co-opted by the mainstream political players to give Americans the illusion of having a real choice for change. None such ever existed. Funny thing is, to some small extent, it has bit them in the ass. Because the party has swung to the right considerably. Yet it DOES NOT mean that the main of the Republican party represents anything close to what the people of the grass roots Tea Party movement wanted.

As far as Libertarians go? I don't even want to address that, they have ideals and beliefs that are completely different to what you might believe, and are nothing like the Republican party. Their real philosophy borders on anarchism. So having a "political party" to begin with smacks of hypocrisy. Some say it was formed by a former Republican who didn't like the draft during the Vietnam War and that it was outrageous that young men should have to go fight in a war, and DIE for their country, yet not even be able to vote for the leaders that make them do so. Libertarians are against government coercion and violence. The government IS violence. Once you become enlightened, you ARE a Libertarian.

God damn. Before you make unqualified statements about a political party you know nothing about. READ.

Forum List

Back