How would you feel: you're a woman, raped, pregnant, politicians say no abortion

I just read about this Newt Gingrich lecturing others how they are wrong, anti catholics, because they support mourning after pill... so try to imagine you are a woman living in a ghetto (poor) and you were raped by some illegal ugly diseased man, and you go to the hospital the next morning to try to abort, but Newt the president (or almost president to be on establishment media circus, or rick santorum for that matter) has made a strict law that "tough shit" you have to have this baby... describe to me in detail, your scenario raising and loving this child, that you can't quite afford...

Your scenario is bullshit.

1. Pregnancies almost never happen as the result of rape. U Minnesota studied various aspects of 15,000 rape cases and ZERO resulted in pregnancy.

2. Knew a man whose wife developed some kind of disease that eats away at the spinal cord and she slowly died over the course of two years, and he did not have the right to simply kill her to get rid of her burden. Neither should women who fuck around and wind up pregnant.

They should be forced to have an unwanted kid. That'll teach 'em to mess around. And if they kill the kid? Then they should go to jail.

See how right wing moral and values work? No messing around.

I just read about this Newt Gingrich lecturing others how they are wrong, anti catholics, because they support mourning after pill... so try to imagine you are a woman living in a ghetto (poor) and you were raped by some illegal ugly diseased man, and you go to the hospital the next morning to try to abort, but Newt the president (or almost president to be on establishment media circus, or rick santorum for that matter) has made a strict law that "tough shit" you have to have this baby... describe to me in detail, your scenario raising and loving this child, that you can't quite afford...

Too bad for us, your mom chose life

Did I just say that out loud....? :omg:

Oopsie

I'd have the baby anyway. I'm pro life.

:bsflag:

Just because you have no inviolable standards you conclude no one else does?
While I can accept abortion in cases of rape or incest, unlike you, I understand that some may feel so strongly, or have such religious conviction that they would not resort to abortion in any circumstance.
I respect moral conviction. You ridicule it.:finger3:

1. Pregnancies almost never happen as the result of rape. U Minnesota studied various aspects of 15,000 rape cases and ZERO resulted in pregnancy.

2. Knew a man whose wife developed some kind of disease that eats away at the spinal cord and she slowly died over the course of two years, and he did not have the right to simply kill her to get rid of her burden. Neither should women who fuck around and wind up pregnant.

They should be forced to have an unwanted kid. That'll teach 'em to mess around. And if they kill the kid? Then they should go to jail.

So in order to prevent a parent from killing an unwanted kid, you want them to kill them before they are born?

Now that is the dumbest thing Ive heard today.

Dude, you ever hear of ADOPTION?

No one has to kill ANYONE, much to the leftist's chagrin, I know.

What does it say about us when the dumbest threads get the most posts? Why even bother with sillyness like this?

Abortion is legal and not in danger of being otherwise.

To play devil's advocate. If you're raped-you should probably seek medical attention ASAP (or at least it's not a bad idea). From there you can get contraception that will greatly decrease the odds of conception.

2/3 of all American abortions are medically necessary and involve women who would have otherwise carried to term. Abortion IS women's health care. Abortion saves women's lives. It is absurd and very dangerous to try and separate one important aspect of women's healthcare from the rest. Would we ever tell a cancer clinic they may not carry a defibrilla*tor or other cardiac gear and medicine?

that's a lie.

There's always been some old fat men telling women what they can and cannot do and sending our young people to some shithole 10,000 miles away to die in some unnecessary war. What else is new

Last edited:
I think he was looking for opinions from people who understand what its like to live in the real world.

It's not the real world to respect life... deal with the reality of the situation.. realize that the life you give would be accepted and loved by a family, even if you could not do it yourself??

Look.. I am one that supports abortion in situations of rape (as soon as possible), incest (as soon as possible), and the endangerment of the mother's life... and i am also one that knows of a woman who had cancer, found out she was pregnant, knew the chemo would hurt the child, and gave up her life by not getting treatment so that the child would have a better chance...

being against abortion as it stands is not living outside the real world

Sure it is. When CG shows us all the unwanted kids she has adopted she may have a case. Until then, she's all talk just like all the other anti-woman people who are "pro-life". :cool:

Because one person is against abortion as it stands and does not adopt children makes their view wrong??

As stated, there are THOUSANDS of family looking to adopt infants...

If you're so willing to save the life of a heinous death row killer, you ought to be willing to save the life of an innocent unborn child and be willing to sacrifice some for them

2/3 of all American abortions are medically necessary and involve women who would have otherwise carried to term. Abortion IS women's health care. Abortion saves women's lives. It is absurd and very dangerous to try and separate one important aspect of women's healthcare from the rest. Would we ever tell a cancer clinic they may not carry a defibrilla*tor or other cardiac gear and medicine?

that's a lie.

All these wingers are full of 'em

I think he was looking for opinions from people who understand what its like to live in the real world.

I think you're a fucking prat. So we're probably even.

Don't remember asking what you thought. We've established that your opinion isn't based upon the real world so you should probably just keep it to yourself. Thanks.

Actually there are women in the real world who have been raped and still chose not to abort.

that's a lie.

they have to come up with some lame excuse to justify the killing of one's own child.

that's a lie.

The biggest liars in the world are on the Fox News payroll. Go Figure!

Yes sirree baby. Dem dare Repubcons sure do luv dem babies. Untill they are born. Then all you poor people that just had a baby you can't afford and didn't want, are on your own.

Crack addicted and having a baby. Not a problem. Except for the baby. Crack addiction
(according to my sil, a neo natal nurse) is not good for new borns. Something about the withdrawl seems to upset them. For months and months. Constant crying.

And fetal alcohol syndrome is really great for babies. Real low birth weight, real low IQ.
But by God that baby been born.

Which one of you anti abortion folks are lining up to adopt your very own unwanted, crack addicted, alcohol affected baby? They will make such productive citizens.

Or maybe you want to argue how it was so much better for the unwanted baby to be born only to die a few months later from the abuse heaped upon it.

And of course you Repubs are so concerned, untill they are born. It's like you Repubs have this fantasy that all babies are going to be born in this wonderful caring home. Where money is plentiful and healthcare available. Yea right.

Then there is the issue of welfare. How many of you right wingers HATE the fact that poor people have multiple kids to work the system for more money. Or hate those young poor women who have a kid because they want some one to love them.

Why are you not celebrating the fact, instead of bitching, that they (poor women) have so many kids that they can't' provide for, except through welfare, instead of having an abortion.

Are you repbubs in favor of large welfare families at this time?

Yes sirree baby. Dem dare Repubcons sure do luv dem babies. Untill they are born. Then all you poor people that just had a baby you can't afford and didn't want, are on your own.

Crack addicted and having a baby. Not a problem. Except for the baby. Crack addiction
(according to my sil, a neo natal nurse) is not good for new borns. Something about the withdrawl seems to upset them. For months and months. Constant crying.

And fetal alcohol syndrome is really great for babies. Real low birth weight, real low IQ.
But by God that baby been born.

Which one of you anti abortion folks are lining up to adopt your very own unwanted, crack addicted, alcohol affected baby? They will make such productive citizens.

Or maybe you want to argue how it was so much better for the unwanted baby to be born only to die a few months later from the abuse heaped upon it.

And of course you Repubs are so concerned, untill they are born. It's like you Repubs have this fantasy that all babies are going to be born in this wonderful caring home. Where money is plentiful and healthcare available. Yea right.

Then there is the issue of welfare. How many of you right wingers HATE the fact that poor people have multiple kids to work the system for more money. Or hate those young poor women who have a kid because they want some one to love them.

Why are you not celebrating the fact, instead of bitching, that they (poor women) have so many kids that they can't' provide for, except through welfare, instead of having an abortion.

Are you repbubs in favor of large welfare families at this time?

And the real hell of it is...they believe life begins at ejaculation

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot.

Sometime a womans body will abort a pregnency all on its own.

Should a woman that has this happen to her, should she go to jail for her body performing an abortion?
Or at the least have to come in front of a Repub abortion council to answer for her bodies actions. That would teach her, eh all you right wingers.

Maybe the next thing right wingers want is to tell you how many children you must have.

Forum List

Back