How would any of us deal with a call to a recently made Gold Star family member?

A few points:
The Donald could script these things if he wanted to. He could have someone prepare a couple short paragraphs considering the particulars of each soldier/sailor, and just read them. But he doesn't do that, and in speaking more or less spontaneously, he takes a chance that he might say something that is misconstrued. That takes balls, if you don't know. Especially when half the country is DYING to misconstrue everything he says into something to bitch about.

Most "Black" politicians are in positions where they have the office for life, so they don't have to give a shit when they say something stupid. Enough said.

I have been in this and analogous situations, and my approach is to be direct, short, and not use euphemisms. Uncle Bob did not "pass," he fucking DIED. The company is not "going in a different direction," you are TERMINATED, effective right now. Your Aunt Sadie may be hooked up to that machine, but make no mistake, she is dead already, and we need to let her go without further delay.

Yea you tell us what a brave, straight shooting clown he is. LOL

Trump's job is not to notify, his job is to CONSOLE. He probably fucked up this call and now can't help himself but overcompensate and get into petty shit slinging over it.

You know, when I first heard someone play the race card over this affair, I thought, oh geez, here we go again, make it about race...

then you read the racist posts in this thread and you realize, goddam, the race card was/is spot on.

Why would a president repeatedly lie about what was said?

First, how can he remember the exact conversation?

He doesn't need to remember shit all he had to do is say what NON-CLOWN president would say:

"I want to again thank your husband for his service and express my deepest condolences for your loss, as I have tried when I called you"

That's it. No bickering with widows, no making a fool of your administration, no embarrassing yourself yet again.

NOPE, deplorable clown instincts just cannot be contained.

Anyone who buys into the Negroid Bull Shite as you obviously have is a fool. Most intelligent folk understand what went down....a stupid widow and a democratic congress woman were trying to make some political points out of The Commander-in-Chiefs call to the widow to honor and extol her husband.......as he did with 3 other widows. Now the widow undoubtedly was bitter regarding he husband's death...even though he was a volunteer and knew what he was signing on for. Anyhow through anger, spite or just a lack of understanding regarding what the President was saying she with the help of a idiot black congresswoman thought they could score some political points.....newsflash...that b.s. might play well in ferguson mo. but the great majority of Americans understand what is going on. Deal wid dat Chump!

1st and foremost, I would keep it private. There is no way in hell I would use a dead US soldier or his family to launch a political attack.

TRUMP started the whole thing ! He was the one talking crap about what obama did or didn't do .

He launched the political attack .

It hard to say something nice to blacks without them getting ratchet
That's the answer isn't it? Everything said to a black person is a racist attack. White families appreciated the President's sensitivity and sympathy. Black families call him racist and all attempts at sympathy a racist attack. It's part of the painful splintering and separating of the nation.

Exactly....the Negroes have gotten to the point they can no longer be satisfied....give them more and they just want more...a waste of time and money trying to cater to them....how odd that of all the widows Trump called only this black mental midget and her moronic friend the ghetto congresswoman found any fault with the Commander-In-Chiefs words...i gurantee you her husband would be shamed by her actions...special forces soldiers are a breed apart...they respect the Commander-In-Chief..but this idiot widow betrayed her husband by daring to try and score some political points at the expense of a President who went the extra mile to call the families to extol and honor their dead heroes.

So now, how would any of us feel contacting a wife who just lost their son or daughter in combat?

This is just me but first I'd ignore any deaths until I was asked about it because thsee golf balls won't putt themselves. Then I'd lie and say former presidents never called to defend why I haven't done something while saying I've called every one of them.

Then I'd hurry like hell and call everyone hoping no one knows but when they find out I'd just yell things like "lies" and "out of context" without extrapolation or details.

Then I'd call people names and have a General lie for me also and dare anyone to question that general who obviously should never be questioned.

That's how I'd do it...that's the best way

1st and foremost, I would keep it private. There is no way in hell I would use a dead US soldier or his family to launch a political attack.

TRUMP started the whole thing ! He was the one talking crap about what obama did or didn't do .

Trump was merely making it clear a new policy of respect for the military now rules in Washington. There is a new Sheriff in town...and he will go the extra mile to honor our nation's heroes. I as most Americans appluad him...to hell with all those who want to play politics over the bodies of our dead heroes...be they the widows or whoever. I can understand the sorrow and even bitterness of family when their, son, father or husband falls on the battlefield....but they should do nothing or say anything that would demonstrate a lack of respect for the Commander-In-Chief or a lack of respect for America for whom their loved one died fighting for. Just common decency. Now we see the liberal media playing along with this outrageous behavior....beyond the pale.

Kelly Delivers Fervent Defense of Trump Call to Soldier’s Widow

Why would a president repeatedly lie about what was said?

First, how can he remember the exact conversation?

He doesn't need to remember shit all he had to do is say what NON-CLOWN president would say:

"I want to again thank your husband for his service and express my deepest condolences for your loss, as I have tried when I called you"

That's it. No bickering with widows, no making a fool of your administration, no embarrassing yourself yet again.

NOPE, deplorable clown instincts just cannot be contained.

The OP is taking every maybe scenario to pretend that the way Trump handled it was the only way that it could be handled. And if there were better ways to do it give Trump a break because...
Uh....let the president lie! I mean why wot you just let him lie and believe it already boo hoo

Trump was merely making it clear a new policy of respect for the military now rules in Washington. There is a new Sheriff in town...and he will go the extra mile to honor our nation's heroes. I as most Americans appluad him...to hell with all those who want to play politics over the bodies of our dead heroes...be they the widows or whoever. I can understand the sorrow and even bitterness of family when their, son, father or husband falls on the battlefield....but they should do nothing or say anything that would demonstrate a lack of respect for the Commander-In-Chief or a lack of respect for America for whom their loved one died fighting for. Just common decency. Now we see the liberal media playing along with this outrageous behavior....beyond the pale.

Kelly Delivers Fervent Defense of Trump Call to Soldier’s Widow

No, Crooked Donnie Small Hands was not “making clear” a new policy. He was deflecting from a question he didn’t want to answer about an ambush.

The OP be like: isn't it OK for a president to smear citizens after they've lost someone? How could you not make up a story about people who heard the conversation? How could you NOT lie on them from the Oval Office?

The OP be like: isn't it OK for a president to smear citizens after they've lost someone? How could you not make up a story about people who heard the conversation? How could you NOT lie on them from the Oval Office?

One quick look at the democratic congresswoman with the cowboy hat and you immediately know what a black fool from the ghetto looks like. No one except stupid Negroes and the libtarded media pays any attention to her. What a joke.

One quick look at the democratic congresswoman with the cowboy hat and you immediately know what a black fool from the ghetto looks like. No one except stupid Negroes and the libtarded media pays any attention to her. What a joke.

Yeah but, Trump lied to you and you're defending him. Why? What benefit is it to you to defend his lying?

I suppose I can't understand how or why someone would politicise such a phone call. Even for a politician, this is low. You can throw some gut shots to your opponent, but to listen in on a call and go to the media criticising? Just blows me away.

Watching the show 48 Hours from time to time, there is one moment the detectives hate the most...having to contact the next of kin and tell them their loved one has been murdered. As I watch the show I always can tell when this subject is going to be raised, I watch their expressions intensively, you sense in their voices, just how much the officers dread having to break the news that someones child, husband/wife is gone. Sure they do it often and get into some sense of familiarity with it, but a statement often repeated on this show by various detectives "you don't ever get used to doing this part of the job".

So now, how would any of us feel contacting a wife who just lost their son or daughter in combat? Worse, we have to do so as president knowing they might directly blame a certain policy, or maybe they voted for the other person, or maybe they are looking to politicise as some lowlifes might. It's a no win situation, but you try and do the best you can and show some moral support.

Ultimately, there is no right or wrong way to do these things, especially for a businessman who turned politician. His contribution is to bring back jobs, help the economy and America avoid the global disasters befallen so many nations, this job of calling a new widow is the absolute WORST part of his job He can't get to everyone of course, when he does, he can't be perfect in his delivery, every time, or even most of the time. So how and why is everyone so critical? Can anyone of us know for sure how we will act in the moment of such a call? I can't.

not in artfully by saying "he knew what he was signing up for".

and then when it's clear you messed up, you don't fight with gold star families and send your chief of staff out to disparage the wife of the deceased soldier and then lie about a member of congress.

how's that for a start?

I suppose I can't understand how or why someone would politicise such a phone call. Even for a politician, this is low. You can throw some gut shots to your opponent, but to listen in on a call and go to the media criticising? Just blows me away.

Watching the show 48 Hours from time to time, there is one moment the detectives hate the most...having to contact the next of kin and tell them their loved one has been murdered. As I watch the show I always can tell when this subject is going to be raised, I watch their expressions intensively, you sense in their voices, just how much the officers dread having to break the news that someones child, husband/wife is gone. Sure they do it often and get into some sense of familiarity with it, but a statement often repeated on this show by various detectives "you don't ever get used to doing this part of the job".

So now, how would any of us feel contacting a wife who just lost their son or daughter in combat? Worse, we have to do so as president knowing they might directly blame a certain policy, or maybe they voted for the other person, or maybe they are looking to politicise as some lowlifes might. It's a no win situation, but you try and do the best you can and show some moral support.

Ultimately, there is no right or wrong way to do these things, especially for a businessman who turned politician. His contribution is to bring back jobs, help the economy and America avoid the global disasters befallen so many nations, this job of calling a new widow is the absolute WORST part of his job He can't get to everyone of course, when he does, he can't be perfect in his delivery, every time, or even most of the time. So how and why is everyone so critical? Can anyone of us know for sure how we will act in the moment of such a call? I can't.
The President doesn't have to make these kind of calls. The military has people that do this. If he does however, make the call, he should make sure to get the name right, offer the nations condolences and gratitude for the decedent's service. Then he should butt out. He shouldn't tweet about it or the family or call the widow a liar. That's bad form.

I was in line behind a black guy one day at Walmart. I was buying a cordless drill. He noticed what I was buying and then proceeded to tell me how best to get long life out of the batteries by how I charged them. I later noticed that among what he was buying were the Magnum condoms. lol. true story.
WTF?

And snowflakes call Conservatives racist / prejudice......

(I am sorry you and your tiny pecker were threatened by the 'black man' buying Magnum condoms in front of you ... but next time keep that story to yourself. :p)

I was not threatened you retard. I just found it mildly amusing. Now go fuck yourself and see if you find that mildly amusing.
I think he'd be dissappointed.

Forum List

Back