How would any of us deal with a call to a recently made Gold Star family member?

I suppose I can't understand how or why someone would politicise such a phone call. Even for a politician, this is low. You can throw some gut shots to your opponent, but to listen in on a call and go to the media criticising? Just blows me away.

Watching the show 48 Hours from time to time, there is one moment the detectives hate the most...having to contact the next of kin and tell them their loved one has been murdered. As I watch the show I always can tell when this subject is going to be raised, I watch their expressions intensively, you sense in their voices, just how much the officers dread having to break the news that someones child, husband/wife is gone. Sure they do it often and get into some sense of familiarity with it, but a statement often repeated on this show by various detectives "you don't ever get used to doing this part of the job".

So now, how would any of us feel contacting a wife who just lost their son or daughter in combat? Worse, we have to do so as president knowing they might directly blame a certain policy, or maybe they voted for the other person, or maybe they are looking to politicise as some lowlifes might. It's a no win situation, but you try and do the best you can and show some moral support.

Ultimately, there is no right or wrong way to do these things, especially for a businessman who turned politician. His contribution is to bring back jobs, help the economy and America avoid the global disasters befallen so many nations, this job of calling a new widow is the absolute WORST part of his job He can't get to everyone of course, when he does, he can't be perfect in his delivery, every time, or even most of the time. So how and why is everyone so critical? Can anyone of us know for sure how we will act in the moment of such a call? I can't.
The President doesn't have to make these kind of calls. The military has people that do this. If he does however, make the call, he should make sure to get the name right, offer the nations condolences and gratitude for the decedent's service. Then he should butt out. He shouldn't tweet about it or the family or call the widow a liar. That's bad form.

Any widow whose husband died fighting For America should not dare criticize the commander -in-chief of her husband....that is the real tragedy here...that the widow has no respect for the Commander-in-Chief nor for the country her husband died fighting for. Also it is more than obvious that she misunderstood the remarks of the President....and with the urging of her pal the idiot negroid ghetto congresswoman is trying to score some political points...everyone knows how the negroes have been trained like monkeys to hate The President.

I suppose I can't understand how or why someone would politicise such a phone call. Even for a politician, this is low. You can throw some gut shots to your opponent, but to listen in on a call and go to the media criticising? Just blows me away.

Watching the show 48 Hours from time to time, there is one moment the detectives hate the most...having to contact the next of kin and tell them their loved one has been murdered. As I watch the show I always can tell when this subject is going to be raised, I watch their expressions intensively, you sense in their voices, just how much the officers dread having to break the news that someones child, husband/wife is gone. Sure they do it often and get into some sense of familiarity with it, but a statement often repeated on this show by various detectives "you don't ever get used to doing this part of the job".

So now, how would any of us feel contacting a wife who just lost their son or daughter in combat? Worse, we have to do so as president knowing they might directly blame a certain policy, or maybe they voted for the other person, or maybe they are looking to politicise as some lowlifes might. It's a no win situation, but you try and do the best you can and show some moral support.

Ultimately, there is no right or wrong way to do these things, especially for a businessman who turned politician. His contribution is to bring back jobs, help the economy and America avoid the global disasters befallen so many nations, this job of calling a new widow is the absolute WORST part of his job He can't get to everyone of course, when he does, he can't be perfect in his delivery, every time, or even most of the time. So how and why is everyone so critical? Can anyone of us know for sure how we will act in the moment of such a call? I can't.
The President doesn't have to make these kind of calls. The military has people that do this. If he does however, make the call, he should make sure to get the name right, offer the nations condolences and gratitude for the decedent's service. Then he should butt out. He shouldn't tweet about it or the family or call the widow a liar. That's bad form.

Any widow whose husband died fighting For America should not dare criticize the commander -in-chief of her husband....that is the real tragedy here...that the widow has no respect for the Commander-in-Chief nor for the country her husband died fighting for. Also it is more than obvious that she misunderstood the remarks of the President....and with the urging of her pal the idiot negroid ghetto congresswoman is trying to score some political points...everyone knows how the negroes have been trained like monkeys to hate The President.

We’d like to think that racist motherfuckers like you aren’t real, but you really do exist and really do think the way the caricatures paint you.

We’d like to think that racist motherfuckers like you aren’t real, but you really do exist and really do think the way the caricatures paint you.

I only have a problem with one race. A true racist cannot say that. The real question here is why do Negroes who have benefited more from the White Race than any other group in the world constantly want to bite the hand that feeds them. Where would most negroes be if hard working white folk did not pay the taxes to give them food stamps, free housing and all the other perks that go along with being of the Negroid persuasion in America.

Where would the Negroes be if they had not been brought to America? How many of them would be willing to go back to the motherland? I never heard of even one who wanted to go back.

Really? That's not what was said after Benghazi. And a little respect here. Sgt Johnson, who died in service of his country, was a human being. He and his family don't deserve your shameful, racist remarks.

Really? That's not what was said after Benghazi. And a little respect here. Sgt Johnson, who died in service of his country, was a human being. He and his family don't deserve your shameful, racist remarks.

This is no Benghazi dumb ass...and hillary was the one blamed for Beghazi and rightfully so.

In case you do not know...it was diplomats at Benghazi who hillary failed to send the resources needed to rescue them. In this case a group of well-trained and well armed special-forces troops who did not even bother to call for air cover for over a hour because they obviously felt they could handle the situation...they made a misjudgement ...but such things happen in military actions...now you may find fault with the local military commanders and the intelligence failures...for a botched mission....but the Commander-in-Chief should not be ostracized over a phone call he made to a widow to honor her fallen husband....only democrats could react in such a inappropriate manner.

Last edited:

This is no Benghazi dumb ass...and hillary was the one blamed for Beghazi and rightfully so.

In case you do not know...it was diplomats at Benghazi who hillary failed to send the resources needed to rescue them. In this case a group of well-trained and well armed special-forces troops who did not even bother to call for air cover for over a hour because they obviously felt they could handle the situation...they made a misjudgement ...but such things happen in military actions...now you may find fault with the local military commanders and the intelligence failures...for a botched mission....but the Commander-in-Chief should not be ostracized over a phone call he made to a widow to honor her fallen husband....only democrats could react in such a inappropriate manner.
Only an idiot repug would make a phone call to a grieving widow, struggle to get the name right, tell her that he knew the job was dangerous when he took it, then drag her into some political twitter slime fest. He has no class and neither do most of his supporters.

Only an idiot repug would make a phone call to a grieving widow, struggle to get the name right, tell her that he knew the job was dangerous when he took it, then drag her into some political twitter slime fest. He has no class and neither do most of his supporters.

Only a idiot would believe the widow and the ghetto congresswoman...now the widow might have not understood what Trump was saying but obviously she was very eager to go along with the freaky congresswoman who wanted to score some political points.

not in artfully by saying "he knew what he was signing up for".

and then when it's clear you messed up, you don't fight with gold star families and send your chief of staff out to disparage the wife of the deceased soldier and then lie about a member of congress.

how's that for a start?

You have no clue as to what words are drizzling out of your brain!

WTF is "in artfully"? Are you trying to make up new words?

He wasn't fighting with the family, He was fighting with a Congresscritter that dresses like a rodeo clown.

His chief of staff said nothing about the wife of the soldier, so stop lying!

Every single thing you just posted was a lie. I'll bet your parents must be so proud!

The military does this at the initial notification.

By the way, were did you libs have your meeting and come up with Trump not knowing the soldier's name? I know the wife claimed that, but I find that hard to believe. I think she probably doesn't even remember the conversation.

By the way, were did you libs have your meeting and come up with Trump not knowing the soldier's name? I know the wife claimed that, but I find that hard to believe. I think she probably doesn't even remember the conversation.
You wouldn't remember a phone call from the President?

I doubt she remembers what was said.

Why would a president repeatedly lie about what was said?

First, how can he remember the exact conversation? As I stated before, context is everything. Maybe in a worst case scenario he didn't deliver the message properly, he's not a polished and robotic politician, can this not be forgiven and some leeway exercised?

There is certainly a difference between saying something like "I suppose he knew what he was getting into" in the context about speaking of his bravery and courage. What's more courageous than willingly signing up for the prospect of dying? And, "hey, what can you do, you live you die, he knew what he was getting into"

He was probably more shocked than anything that the call was politicised, and it's not fair to other families who Trump wants to call out to and maybe now is weary of doing so because of just such a reason. Even General Kelly advised Trump NOT to call families, as he probably knows how tough it would be and how thankless a task it is. Trump decided to Man up and do what he can when he can.

Lying is a strong word to use in describing this. I could apply the same word to the politician who suggested he was insensitive. For the record, if it comes down to the reality of the situation, does anyone believe he did not know what he was signing up for? Suggesting he did this on his own volition suggests far more bravery even than someone who was drafted. This young man had the courage and character to fight for what he believed in, he wasn't forced to join, which makes him and his brothers in arms the elite of the elite.

May he Rest in Peace, and may many more like him take up the challenge. To ANYONE who politicises the death of such a man, be it family, friends or local politician, I have zero respect for you.

You make nothing but excuses. The fact is that Trump lied. He then lied about what was said and attacked the Congresswoman for telling the truth. The widow had to come forward and verify what was said. Trump could have apologized and that would have been it. He continued to attack and said everyone else was lying. He the got Kelly to go out and lie. On the day of the soldier's funeral, what was he doing? Playing golf.

I know what I would not have said. I never would have said "he knew what he was getting into." I never would have thought to say that. I also would have bothered to remember the soldier's name. I also would have postponed my golf game for 1 day.

Protect Trump at all costs. She certainly would have remembered what was said that upset her.

1st and foremost, I would keep it private. There is no way in hell I would use a dead US soldier or his family to launch a political attack.

It is okay for Trump to do it but no one else had better do it. Trump lied and that doesn't seem to bother you. You don't give a damn about soldiers of any kind.

Maybe she is a liar

"Maybe" it doesn't even fucking matter. She just lost her husband, so as President you STFU and go find someone else to pick fights with.

Wilson is the one that started this crap by quoting Trump out of context, she lied and Trump called her on it, that's what he does.

Bullshit you lying little Trump weasel. He was not taken out of context. Trump lied and got called on it. Even Kelly did not deny that it happened. Trump lies and you weak minded Trump sycophants defend him no matter how low it is.

Why would a president repeatedly lie about what was said?

First, how can he remember the exact conversation?

He doesn't need to remember shit all he had to do is say what NON-CLOWN president would say:

"I want to again thank your husband for his service and express my deepest condolences for your loss, as I have tried when I called you"

That's it. No bickering with widows, no making a fool of your administration, no embarrassing yourself yet again.

NOPE, deplorable clown instincts just cannot be contained.

Anyone who buys into the Negroid Bull Shite as you obviously have is a fool. Most intelligent folk understand what went down....a stupid widow and a democratic congress woman were trying to make some political points out of The Commander-in-Chiefs call to the widow to honor and extol her husband.......as he did with 3 other widows. Now the widow undoubtedly was bitter regarding he husband's death...even though he was a volunteer and knew what he was signing on for. Anyhow through anger, spite or just a lack of understanding regarding what the President was saying she with the help of a idiot black congresswoman thought they could score some political points.....newsflash...that b.s. might play well in ferguson mo. but the great majority of Americans understand what is going on. Deal wid dat Chump!

A majority do understand what is going on. You are a typical Trump supporter. A racist.

1st and foremost, I would keep it private. There is no way in hell I would use a dead US soldier or his family to launch a political attack.

TRUMP started the whole thing ! He was the one talking crap about what obama did or didn't do .

He launched the political attack .

Trump was merely making it clear a new policy of respect for the military now rules in Washington. There is a new Sheriff in town...and he will go the extra mile to honor our nation's heroes. I as most Americans appluad him...to hell with all those who want to play politics over the bodies of our dead heroes...be they the widows or whoever. I can understand the sorrow and even bitterness of family when their, son, father or husband falls on the battlefield....but they should do nothing or say anything that would demonstrate a lack of respect for the Commander-In-Chief or a lack of respect for America for whom their loved one died fighting for. Just common decency. Now we see the liberal media playing along with this outrageous behavior....beyond the pale.

Kelly Delivers Fervent Defense of Trump Call to Soldier’s Widow

He was too busy playing golf to attend a soldier's funeral. he lies about what he said to a widow. If that is what you call respect, I hate to see what you would call disrespect. A Commander-in-Chief does not deserve respect. He earns it and Trump has done nothing to earn any respect.

Protect Trump at all costs. She certainly would have remembered what was said that upset her.

I am sorry, but I think the Congresscritter had an agenda, and fed her the line after the conversation with Trump was already over so that she could justify the Congresscritter making a stink over the call.

WTF is a gold star family member.

Forum List

Back