How will we judge Obama?

the absolute worst human being to walk this earth. a liar, no better than a street thug. divider, creep and loser we had to deal with for eight OF THE MOST miserable years of my political life. and I've been voting since Carter

I don't know how he can stand himself
What did he do? Oh that's right. Helped millions of Americans get health care. No wonder you hate him.

Health care that the majority already had. That the ones who didn't, are going to have a difficult time finding doctors to see them, but that will enrich the CEO's of the insurance companies that actually wrote the law. You truly are one of the stupidest people on the planet derpy. Are you able to wipe your own ass or do you need help with that too?:eusa_think:

the absolute worst human being to walk this earth. a liar, no better than a street thug. divider, creep and loser we had to deal with for eight OF THE MOST miserable years of my political life. and I've been voting since Carter

What did he do? Oh that's right. Helped millions of Americans get health care. No wonder you hate him.

Health care that the majority already had. That the ones who didn't, are going to have a difficult time finding doctors to see them, but that will enrich the CEO's of the insurance companies that actually wrote the law. You truly are one of the stupidest people on the planet derpy. Are you able to wipe your own ass or do you need help with that too?:eusa_think:
The majority already had health care, and for those that didn't? Fuck 'em. Let them die. I'm not paying for them. Who cares?
Brought to you by American Republicans everywhere.

14 million jobs
Mostly within the private sector
10% to 5% unemployment =huge improvement!
Millions of more people on health insurance.

No he didn't go far enough economically, but I'd judge him as decent. Republicans have a long history of causing recessions and depression...They shouldn't even be considered. A utter joke.

The one percent got even wealthier.

The middle class lost net worth for the first time in decades.

US net GDP dropped.

Fewer American working than was seen since the 1970's due to loss of jobs.

Middle class folks being forced to work two or three jobs because obamacare forced employers to cut hours to avoid the law.

Yeah matthew, he's one of the worst POTUS's this country has ever seen. But you would have to take your blinders off to acknowledge the truth of it.
The 1% got even wealthier. Silly, that's been the GOP plan for decades.

And they somehow tricked the smartest President in history, to go along? LOL!

The majority already had health care, and for those that didn't? Fuck 'em. Let them die. I'm not paying for them. Who cares?
Brought to you by American Republicans everywhere.

Why didn't President Obama and the Democrats adopt the 1974 Nixon plan instead?

It seem President Obama was more worried about his Corporate Overlords than the common man...

The Nixon-Kennedy Health Care Plan

Judgement is not going to be kind for Hussein.

He is hated! so much! Islamic Wahhabi scum that he is

so

there you have it.

How will we judge Obama?

A commentator Erin Aubry Kaplan, for the Chicago Tribune wrote an article titled "How will we judge Obama?" Certainly, she has the facts identified and neatly lined up, but her conclusions are so small scale and lack vision.

For instance:

That hoped-for change was not just political but also spiritual — it was supposed to finally forge One America across racial lines. But the racial lines have held. The clearest evidence of this is that from the beginning, Obama has always meant something different to black people than he does to everyone else.

What the hell is she talking about. I don't know anyone who thought right wing racist southern confederate Republicans would be anything else but who they have always been. Their views on blacks is very similar to their views on gays. They may hold "kill the gays" rallies, but they are not nearly bold enough to do that to blacks, at least not any more.

Simply negotiating the space of the presidency for two terms, Blow wrote, will bolster blacks’ self-image for generations to come. But that is only part of the picture, and not the most important part. (The title of Blow’s column, “The Other Obama Legacy,” acknowledges as much.) Chiefly white opponents of the first black president view him as immeasurable in another way: an utter failure, an abomination or something worse.

Black's self-image is not that important? I suspect to blacks, it's very important. And why this "blacks and whites"? I know lot's of white who are just as fond of Obama as blacks. And not all blacks are fond of him. It's crazy. But the Tribune is a conservative paper who endorsed Bush twice. And when it came to "an utter failure, an abomination or something worse", Republicans felt that way when he was running the first time, just because he is black.

simply another black man trying to find his way in a hostile white environment. In this way he followed in the modern folk-hero tradition of Jackie Robinson and other gifted black “firsts” whose main task, besides playing baseball or being president, was to overcome overwhelming odds and gain acceptance in the face of racial adversity

Jackie Robinson was a transformational figure. To think otherwise is crazy. What he did went far, far beyond base ball. And this idea that blacks want to gain the acceptance of whites is simply silly beyond belief. This is white racism at it's worst. To assume black people's goal is to petted by whites. Hello, most black don't give a flying fuck what whites think.

The gaze of white supremacy prevails. No matter how much Obama resonates with black folks — no matter how much he has transformed us — it is his resonance, or lack of it, among whites that is assumed to matter more. Black support is a given, the reasoning goes; white buy-in is the brass ring that will ultimately determine Obama’s importance.

So much arrogance with these crazy assumptions. And the author is a black woman. Strange.

The gaze of white supremacy prevails. No matter how much Obama resonates with black folks — no matter how much he has transformed us — it is his resonance, or lack of it, among whites that is assumed to matter more. Black support is a given, the reasoning goes; white buy-in is the brass ring that will ultimately determine Obama’s importance.

Oh give me a break. So transformation is blacks being liked by white people. Ridiculous beyond belief.

There are children who have only known a black president. That in itself is transformational. Something that will last far beyond the end of Obama's second term. Without even trying to, Obama has exposed the racisim of the GOP. Obama just existing was enough for them to show the world who they are. Trump's "wall" proves it.

Because of Obama, America will now have to work with the Middle East. No more invasions and random bomb drops.

Obama getting millions of Americans covered exposed the GOP immoral policy of "let them die" for what it is. UnAmerican and Satanic.

Voter suppression has shown America how far Republicans are willing to go to keep America white. Well, it's not going to work. They have been "exposed" and just that makes Obama transformational.

At the beginning, I thought it was somewhat spiritual as well. I disagree that this side or that side will never change, I did. I was an early supporter, but when Obama kept having speech after speech about Healthcare when the economy was tanking, I changed my mind and thought, he had an agenda (which was true) but the country's agenda, the economy was paramount.
I may be a conservative, but I never bashed gays or thought anything negative about them. Again, you assume that all whites see him as an abject failure. After my fondness of Obama, I became concerned that our needs (the economy) were not being met. Did I have disdain for him, no, not at that time.

But it came. He started apologizing for Americans and THE US. We were not exceptional, but Muslim countries were. Then came the Professor Gates ordeal and we found that even though he had not heard both sides of the scenario (Gates vs. the Police Officer and the witness that called LE), the police "needed to learn a lesson." The division of the country was about to begin. And it escalated until protestors, riots and destruction hit some cities under the "Don't Shoot" anthem. And that is where we are today. I didn't mention the class warfare that I do not blame Obama as much as Pelosi (God Bless the OWS!") and her ilk.

But most of all, the country economically slowly came back where people were beginning to breathe again. I honor I Obama for that, for it could as easily gone the other way. We aren't in shallow waters yet, but truth be told, no one was sure it could happen. So, is he going to be called a success? He brought us back from the brink of economic disaster but pitted black against white. He was supposed to be the healer! It will take years to overcome the change that occurred.

One party is not racist, one race is not racist. There is more in common than different between blacks and whites. There is poverty in both, middle class for both and the successful.. And all got where they are the exact same way. All of us have friends neighbors and colleagues of the opposite race. Down deep, we do know that it takes work to get where you want, but it helps if you catch a break. We all know that some have talents that others do not have. Each person has to use their talents and decide what and where they want to be.

It's best we do not make judgments of others without knowing them well. To do that we have to establish relationships and learn to really enjoy one another. But we can't get there if we make assumption about people we do not know. Just my thought as you shared yours. Thank you for doing that. May we be more open to each other's thoughts in the board.

Judgment from the people is pretty much over we judged twice and now the question is how will Obama go down in the history books. The historians that have followed this presidency and will be asked to rate Obama pretty much know the history of Obama's presidency, the problems, the successes, and so forth. The best historians and presidential experts will be invited to rate, so how will Obama be rated by the historians?

I honestly think he will get credit for turning the economy around from almost certain disaster in 2008. However, the next pot of fish depends on the success and longevity of the Health Care Act. After that, he will fail miserably in the racial divide, inability to curb immigration, instead allowing illegals to come over the border without consequence and the illegals taking the jobs of Americans which, in real unemployment is still high towards the end of his administration.

I honestly think he will get credit for turning the economy around from almost certain disaster in 2008. However, the next pot of fish depends on the success and longevity of the Health Care Act. After that, he will fail miserably in the racial divide, inability to curb immigration, instead allowing illegals to come over the border without consequence and the illegals taking the jobs of Americans which, in real unemployment is still high towards the end of his administration.

I honestly think he will get credit for turning the economy around from almost certain disaster in 2008.

His union/crony payoffs in the "stimulus" bill had nothing to do with the turnaround.

I honestly think he will get credit for turning the economy around from almost certain disaster in 2008.

His union/crony payoffs in the "stimulus" bill had nothing to do with the turnaround.
Todd, I agree there were "bribes" given to pass both the stimulus and the Health Care Act and I am not going to fool you, I didn't like either. But we were in sad shape after the Home mortgage bubble burst. I thought we were in real trouble, and even though, he spent more time on the Health Care Act than the economy, by the grace of God, we came out of it. He'll get credit for that.

Forum List

Back