How We (The US) Can Still Win The War On Drugs

The Republican Party's ridiculous War on Drugs has been an excuse to jail young black and brown men in unprecedented numbers, while letting young white males off with wrist slaps.

Studies have routinely shown that while young white males use and sell drugs with the same frequency as non-whites, when caught, they are more likely to be let off with a warning than charged or jailed.

Before the war on drugs, there were 30,000 black men in federal prisons. Now, with the war on drugs and minimum sentencing, there are over 300,000.

It isn't Democratic policies that have destroyed black families. It's the War on Drugs.

If they are locked up, it makes it more difficult to sell drugs.

Not really. Drugs are available in prisons, which are among the most tightly controlled environments imaginable.

Prison drug use becoming harder and harder to control

Reading comprehension problems?

I said "If they are locked up, it makes it more difficult to sell drugs".

I don't see too many escapees down at the local schools selling drugs and then sneaking back into prison in time for roll call.

You also don’t see a lot of adults hanging around selling drugs at schools. Adults that hang around near the schools tend to be rousted by the cops as sex predators. What you see is one kid selling to another generally speaking. When you see it. The biggest drug that kids use is tobacco. Illegal to be sure, but I guess we could stop their smoking if we locked them up, at least smoking around other kids. Alcohol is second, and then other drugs are third with Marijuana leading the pack.

You don’t see a lot of heroine using kids, but hey, run whatever fantasy you want.

I was an assistant principal in a Florida high school. I think I know what I am talking about in that example. We had homes in the neighborhood that the drug dealers operated.

The Republican Party's ridiculous War on Drugs has been an excuse to jail young black and brown men in unprecedented numbers, while letting young white males off with wrist slaps.

Studies have routinely shown that while young white males use and sell drugs with the same frequency as non-whites, when caught, they are more likely to be let off with a warning than charged or jailed.

Before the war on drugs, there were 30,000 black men in federal prisons. Now, with the war on drugs and minimum sentencing, there are over 300,000.

It isn't Democratic policies that have destroyed black families. It's the War on Drugs.
no dem has made any real effort to get rid of the law.

but it's the gops fault b/c you can't think for yourself.

Your post doesn’t even make logical sense.

Not really. Drugs are available in prisons, which are among the most tightly controlled environments imaginable.

I don't see too many escapees down at the local schools selling drugs and then sneaking back into prison in time for roll call.

Many of the brown and black people locked up in federal prisons are locked up for possession, not trafficking. White kids caught with pot get fined. Blacks go to jail.

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Please explain why the war in drugs is worthwhile....start with you believe in freedom....so you would also like to see alcohol regulated too. Hypocrites to say the very least.

Many of the brown and black people locked up in federal prisons are locked up for possession, not trafficking. White kids caught with pot get fined. Blacks go to jail.

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Before you make a total fool of yourself, you should fact check.

Prisons and Drugs

Oops. Too late!

People need to be productive at work blah blah.....an outright pure lie. I know of many a productive worker who used drugs regularly.

Before you make a total fool of yourself, you should fact check.

Prisons and Drugs

Oops. Too late!

Too bad your link doesn't even back up what you claimed. Why don't you get someone who can read to explain it to you?

It talks about how many people were in federal prison for drug offenses, but does not specify what type of drug offenses.

FAIL.

Drugs today are exceedingly lethal and marketed to ever younger users. Of course. The older a person is, the more likely they are to know what these drugs are. What we can do, is just let the drugs burn through our populations the way forest fires burn down homes. What ever is left, who ever is left, thrives.

Drugs today are exceedingly lethal and marketed to ever younger users. Of course. The older a person is, the more likely they are to know what these drugs are. What we can do, is just let the drugs burn through our populations the way forest fires burn down homes. What ever is left, who ever is left, thrives.

That's more or less what we're doing now, what we've been doing for decades. No forest fires. Some people do. Some people don't.

It doesn't make sense, to you, b/c it forces you to face facts.

do you have proof that no white person is in jail for possession?

Let’s just be honest here. The “drug problem” killing people now was created by the pharmaceutical industry. It’s not the street drugs that are doing the damage.

Making it worse is that the same pharmaceutical industry that got people hooked on prescription pain killers knew that certain doctors were over-prescribing and not only did nothing about it, but actively lobbied to have DEA checks in over-prescribing eliminated.

It doesn't make sense, to you, b/c it forces you to face facts.

do you have proof that no white person is in jail for possession?

I didn’t say that “no white person is in jail for possession”. I also didn’t say it makes no sense to me because it makes perfect sense. Try to deal with what I actually said instead of putting words and ideas into my posts that aren’t there.

Let’s just be honest here. The “drug problem” killing people now was created by the pharmaceutical industry. It’s not the street drugs that are doing the damage.

Making it worse is that the same pharmaceutical industry that got people hooked on prescription pain killers knew that certain doctors were over-prescribing and not only did nothing about it, but actively lobbied to have DEA checks in over-prescribing eliminated.
That doesn't matter at all.

You dupes....the drug war is long lost...tired of legalizing morality yet???? They will always find their way here because America wants their and will pay for it. If there is a market, then it will happen.
Mercy Has No Place in War

Druggie street trash shouldn't be called "Americans" any more than we'd call traitors that. So we owe nothing to that cancer on society except a quick death by taking the hard drugs we poison first. Catch a drugdealer and let him off if he will pass out our poisoned supply to his scumbag customers.

You dupes....the drug war is long lost...tired of legalizing morality yet???? They will always find their way here because America wants their and will pay for it. If there is a market, then it will happen.
Mercy Has No Place in War

Druggie street trash shouldn't be called "Americans" any more than we'd call traitors that. So we owe nothing to that cancer on society except a quick death by taking the hard drugs we poison first. Catch a drugdealer and let him off if he will pass out our poisoned supply to his scumbag customers.

You don't even have to poison them. Just let it be known that some drugs have been poisoned and the druggies will clean up or die trying.

Please explain why the war in drugs is worthwhile....start with you believe in freedom....so you would also like to see alcohol regulated too. Hypocrites to say the very least.
If wood alcohol was sold as gin and peddled to high schoolers as a quick drunk would you think that it should be regulated just like gin?

Forum List

Back