How to Understand Obama's Unemployment Figures

Who over sees the labor department? And using Bush? obamush is the president now. The only change we have had is the severity of the damage had gotten worse.
Hilda Solis is sec labor. But she has zero involvement in BLS activities and she is not informed of the numbers until 30 minutes before the release.

Not sure what you mean by "using Bush." Dr. Hall was appointed commissioner by Bush in Jan 2008 for a 4 year term which just expired. Unlike most appointed, the BLS position is NOT tied to a presidential term.

It's kind of hard for you to claim that a Bush appointee who would not be reappointed and couldn't be fired, would fudge the numbers in favor of Obama.

I doubt that will stop you, though.

Is she an obama appointment?

Looks like most of the higher ranked officials in the BLS were Clinton appointees or were hired during the Clinton adminsitration and most have moved up the ranks from there since 1994 or so. Regardless, the BLS is a part of the Department of Labor that is controlled and administered by the Obama Administration at this time.

Does that mean the information provided by the BLS is automatically skewed or tainted? Of course not. I know a lot of folks working in the federral government, some who are Obama supporters, who exercise 100% integrity in their work.

Does it mean that the left leaning surrogate media is capable of skewing or misrepresenting or placing certain emphasis on data released by the BLS or that the Administration would skew it to their advantage? I think that is not only possible but may be highly likely.

Hilda Solis is sec labor. But she has zero involvement in BLS activities and she is not informed of the numbers until 30 minutes before the release.

Not sure what you mean by "using Bush." Dr. Hall was appointed commissioner by Bush in Jan 2008 for a 4 year term which just expired. Unlike most appointed, the BLS position is NOT tied to a presidential term.

It's kind of hard for you to claim that a Bush appointee who would not be reappointed and couldn't be fired, would fudge the numbers in favor of Obama.

Looks like most of the higher ranked officials in the BLS were Clinton appointees or were hired during the Clinton adminsitration and most have moved up the ranks from there since 1994 or so. Regardless, the BLS is a part of the Department of Labor that is controlled and administered by the Obama Administration at this time.

Does that mean the information provided by the BLS is automatically skewed or tainted? Of course not. I know a lot of folks working in the federral government, some who are Obama supporters, who exercise 100% integrity in their work.

Does it mean that the left leaning surrogate media is capable of skewing or misrepresenting or placing certain emphasis on data released by the BLS or that the Administration would skew it to their advantage? I think that is not only possible but may be highly likely.
The current Secretary of labor is an obama appointment.
Secretary Hilda L. Solis was confirmed as Secretary of Labor on February 24, 2009.
U.S. Department of Labor -- Office of the Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis

Who over sees the labor department? And using Bush? obamush is the president now. The only change we have had is the severity of the damage had gotten worse.

And you reveal your ignorance even more if you don't know how Cabinet appointments work. This is getting to be a long list.

The sectary of labor is an obama appoint you fucking moron.
Then why did you ask? Oh, yeah, deflecting that she has no influence over BLS stats. Of course complete lack of evidence doesn't seem to stop your wild assertions. Everyone's noticed you've made no attempt to actually support your claims.

And you reveal your ignorance even more if you don't know how Cabinet appointments work. This is getting to be a long list.

Then why did you ask? Oh, yeah, deflecting that she has no influence over BLS stats. Of course complete lack of evidence doesn't seem to stop your wild assertions. Everyone's noticed you've made no attempt to actually support your claims.

Stop it. You have yet to disprove that point. obama is the master of manipulation and the people he appoints are less than reputable people. Don't blame me I just call it like I see it.

Stop it. You have yet to disprove that point. obama is the master of manipulation and the people he appoints are less than reputable people. Don't blame me I just call it like I see it.

1. Obama has no access to the numbers in order to demand changes to them in time.
2. Neither does Sec Solis
3. Neither the out-going nor acting commissioners would have any motive or need to manipulate.
4. There is no evidence to suggest manipulation.

There. Disproven, unless you can show evidence (dou you need a dictionary link for that word?)

1. Obama has no access to the numbers in order to demand changes to them in time.
3. Neither the out-going nor acting commissioners would have any motive or need to manipulate.

There. Disproven, unless you can show evidence (dou you need a dictionary link for that word?)

Then Obama and Sec. Solis should be fired because they damn sure should know what an agency under their authority and on their watch is publishing and it should not be published without their knowledge and/or permission.

How about them apples?

Then Obama and Sec. Solis should be fired because they damn sure should know what an agency under their authority and on their watch is publishing and it should not be published without their knowledge and/or permission.

How about them apples?

Thank you

How about them apples?

Well, hopefully they will be fired by next Jan, but that's not the reason why. ;)

How about them apples?

:omg::omg::omg:

bigrednec has already acknowledged that the unemployment figures are hugely improved.

How about them apples?
Oh, God. bigrep thought you were serious. I really hope you weren't.

How about them apples?

Oh but I was. Unless you are in favor of every government agency to exercise its own agenda, however poorly designed or intended, with impunity. Is that what you want? Before you answer, you should really read some of the bios of Obama appointees and then decide how much power you want those people to have.

This is such a myopic thread.

High unemployment is here to stay.

Let's try some history.

1945-1973: postwar years. America is manufacturer to the world. This is mostly because our competitors were destroyed by WWII. Solid jobs are created by a government imposed compact between labor and capital. Capital is forced to pay high wages for work that can be done for pennies in Asia and India.

1980-2001: The Reagan Revolution. Reagan frees capital to go over-seas for cheap labor. He allows capital to bypass American workers for profit boosting sweat-shop labor in South America, Mexico, and Asia. Clinton capitulates. America trades production for consumption; replaces manufacturing plants with shopping malls. Replaces high wage manufacturing jobs (where the father's wage supports entire family) for low wage retail jobs. Becomes a credit card economy to sustain consumption.

2001-2008: Middle class runs out of credit, so the Bush administration uses housing bubble to fuel economy.

The credit system explodes.

2008-2012 Obama flounders. Can't clean up Bush's mess.

The only jobs that are coming back are low wage jobs from China. High wages jobs are gone for good. The historical conditions for them don't exist.

Last edited:

How about them apples?

Oh but I was. Unless you are in favor of every government agency to exercise its own agenda, however poorly designed or intended, with impunity. Is that what you want? Before you answer, you should really read some of the bios of Obama appointees and then decide how much power you want those people to have.

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

How about them apples?

My point exactly thank you.

Immaterial and where is your evidence, bigreb?

Forum List

Back