How to stop the BP oil spill: What else can be tried now?

Louisiana's fishing industry is 2.4 billion
Gulf Coast Fishermen Fear That They Will Be Left With 'Crippled Industry' - NYTimes.com

not to mention all the other gulf states.

That's a lot of jobs.

Not to mention the indirect loses from industry related to the seafood industry - tourism in particular. Obviously all the seafood festivals will be affected, but in general, tourists come to places like New Orleans to eat good U.S. seafood, not that crappy asian shit.

Unless all those fisherman are using sailboats and the tourists are walking to your god forsaken state, maybe you should look a little closer to home about who is profiting from oil and who isn't.

God forsaken?

You've never been to the Gulf Coast, have you?

Come On Mang, Be Real.

I've seen the Gulf Coast from South Padre to Key West.

With the exception of South Padre, everything in the USA west of Pensacola sucks

Last edited:
Unless all those fisherman are using sailboats and the tourists are walking to your god forsaken state, maybe you should look a little closer to home about who is profiting from oil and who isn't.

God forsaken?

Come On Mang, Be Real.

With the exception of South Padre, everything in the USA east of Pensacola sucks

South Padre isn't east of pensacola. Not unless you go the long way around!

How did you like New Orleans? What about Mobile?

Last edited:

God forsaken?

Come On Mang, Be Real.

With the exception of South Padre, everything in the USA east of Pensacola sucks

:cuckoo:

God forsaken?

Come On Mang, Be Real.

Yeah, I meant doesn't suck.

Mobile Sucks

New Orleans is OK, but it would be OK if it was in Georgia. Its attraction has nothing to do with the Gulf

Come On Mang, Be Real.

Mobile Sucks

New Orleans is OK, but it would be OK if it was in Georgia. Its attraction has nothing to do with the Gulf

New Orleans has three things attracting the tourists - food, music, and drinking - where do you think the food comes from? People don't come here for the roast beef.

If I've learned anything from Sci-fi disaster films, it's that a nuclear bomb will solve all problems. Just drop a nuclear bomb into the gulf and detonate it. Not only will the oil stop leaking, but all oil slicks will vaporize.

Mobile Sucks

New Orleans has three things attracting the tourists - food, music, and drinking - where do you think the food comes from? People don't come here for the roast beef.

The food comes off boats that use diesel and then are shipped to locations in trucks that also run on diesel. They are cooled using electricity produced from some carbon source and then you go pick it up in your car that burns pertroleum.
You then cook it in pans partly produced with petroleum products while stirring with a spatula made out of petroleum products.

Mobile Sucks

The food comes off boats that use diesel and then are shipped to locations in trucks that also run on diesel. They are cooled using electricity produced from some carbon source and then you go pick it up in your car that burns pertroleum.
You then cook it in pans partly produced with petroleum products while stirring with a spatula made out of petroleum products.

Good for you, you get a star for once again pointing out the obvious as if it were some revelation. Now go bathe in oil since you like it so much.

If I've learned anything from Sci-fi disaster films, it's that a nuclear bomb will solve all problems. Just drop a nuclear bomb into the gulf and detonate it. Not only will the oil stop leaking, but all oil slicks will vaporize.

But that will cause Giant Octopuses to attack young, nubile, scantilly clad women on Pensacola Beach, and catholic school girls in New Iberia.

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_drool::eusa_drool::eusa_drool:
NSFW

Last edited:

Good for you, you get a star for once again pointing out the obvious as if it were some revelation. Now go bathe in oil since you like it so much.

Now that you mention it... I do have to put 60 gallons of gas into my 2010 Ford F-250. Being that I get around 13 mpg, that should last me until the weekend.

This weekend I will have to put over 200 gallons in my boat for some leisurely cruising around the lake. I guess I might as well fill the boat also.

Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:
Come On Mang, Be Real.

:cuckoo:

You're right: WEST, WEST of Pensacola sucks: But tell me, what did I miss if you're the expert?

You're more acceptable of the medicore than I am. Anything north and west of Siesta Key is sub-standard. Siesta Key is questionable.

Mobile Sucks

I can make shrimp jambalaya in Denver.

What's your point?

Now that you mention it... I do have to put 60 gallons of gas into my 2010 Ford F-250. Being that I get around 13 mpg, that should last me until the weekend.

This weekend I will have to put over 200 gallons in my boat for some leisurely cruising around the lake. I guess I might as well fill the boat also.

Thanks for the reminder.

Go right ahead. Just remember that family businesses are being lost for your gas.

Mobile Sucks

I can make shrimp jambalaya in Denver.

What's your point?

You could but it would suck. As a general rule you shouldn't even eat seafood in the mountain I'd stick with the local freshwater fish.

Thanks for the reminder.

Go right ahead. Just remember that family businesses are being lost for your gas.

Ya, but the boat manufacturer and the Ford plants hired alot of people to make my boat and truck. Plus, I am sure there are plenty of jobs in your area in the petroleum industry... so that might make up for it.

Wanna come hang out on the boat? I can share some of my Carolina shrimp!

Thanks for the reminder.

Ya, but the boat manufacturer and the Ford plants hired alot of people to make my boat and truck. Plus, I am sure there are plenty of jobs in your area in the petroleum industry... so that might make up for it.

Wanna come hang out on the boat? I can share some of my Carolina shrimp!

If you like your carolina shrimp you'd better hope this shit don't hit the gulf stream.

Thanks for the reminder.

I just had a thought. To support your local commerce in any way that I can, I am actually willing to fill all 753 gallons on my boat. That should help the industry in your area that is obviously going to be hurting after this disaster. I will just have to use the boat more than I intended, but I am willing to do that.... for you.

Forum List

Back