How to stop the BP oil spill: What else can be tried now?

You need to email one of the TWO Pappadeuxs Seafood Restaurants in Denver and let them know about not eating seafood in the mountains.

The mere existence of a chain restaurant does not imply it has good food. The fact they have no locations in New Orleans should tell you they can't sell their food to people who know better.

Well, we also have PopEye's Louisianna Kitchens:lol:
Stick with the chicken.

Because with the good comes the bad... unlike what a liberal would LIKE to have, you don't have benefits without risks and costs....

Nothing is 100% safe... and you don't sit around and wait under some false hope that it will be

That must be really really really hard for you to say, considering you have nothing at stake here except the continued production of oil for your enjoyment and convenience.

Are you saying you don't use any products that use oil? :dig:

Incredible! Spiderman is happy to suck up to those offering him a hand out, but not answer actually hard questions like yours.

That must be really really really hard for you to say, considering you have nothing at stake here except the continued production of oil for your enjoyment and convenience.

Are you saying you don't use any products that use oil? :dig:

Incredible! Spiderman is happy to suck up to those offering him a hand out, but not answer actually hard questions like yours.

Its not a hard question, its a stupid question, and you're a stupid person.

In terms of what this oil spill means for the gulf coast and its long term effects it will be tragic for years to come and it's my hope that BP does step up to the plate and helps mitigate some the damage caused by this well. However, speculating on how engineers can seal off the flow of oil from this well is just that speculation, and I have every confidence that a solution will be found and the challenge will be met and the well sealed off. The after-effects of this spill will need to be addressed by cool heads and not by reactionary voices using this as a hammer or as a gotcha to further some agenda when the real tragic results of this spill will be the people living it. I frankly find it somewhat amusing everytime I hear from the extreme anti-petro side of this argurment they are doing so on a petro based product and no doubt at some tie duing the week consuming any number of products produced by that same industry all the while condemning its use for others except for themselves. It's prudent for our nation to move forward in a DIVERSE energy solution for the future and one that includes fossil fuels for the near term and using this tragic spill to promote favored solitions does not help in that promotion.
While I don't agree with your partisan comments I do agree that no one should go off half-cocked and do something stupid like lighting the Gulf of Mexico on fire to stop a gusher. IMO, nothing quick can stop this thing and we are all going to pay the price.

The nice thing about this nation Ravi is that we can disagree on things and still agree that this spill is tragic for the region no matter what side of the fence you happen to sit on. As for partisan comment, I suppose you could argue that my comments were somewhat partisan if you happen to disagree with energry diversity or the fact that many products we take for granted, from the computer we use to type this to the container that holds our water are in some part products made from that same oil industry that many are quick to condemn as a result of this spill.

Forum List

Back