How to stop the BP oil spill: What else can be tried now?

I would agree with this assessment but add that the wellhead was damaged by the explosion. The concrete company is going to be sued by Trans-Ocean and BP. As far as what type of explosion it was and what caused it...that's better left to the investigators to uncover. As far as some type of foreign government covert op....that is just pure fantasy at this point.

I'm confused as to why SWAT was called out though. Unless they're petrochemical engineers, they won't be much help in determing the cause or much help in figuring out a solution. I doubt eco-terrorist or anything like that was involved, but I wouldn't dismiss the notion altogether.
SWAT was called in to round up everyone that discovers that muslim tree hugging kenyans were behind this so called accident and put them in FEMA camps.

When I want a child's opinion I'll ask you. Now go play and let us adults talk.

So its your contention the oil flow will not cause anyone's livelihood to be destroyed?

Its my contention that its no big deal for the USA.

Individuals are affected every day by events beyond their control. Its my contention that most recover.

I agree with you, for example the site of the Exxon Valdez was cleaned up and proved to be a profitable fishing area after the cleanup.

Its not like it was before.

Exxon Valdez oil spill impacts lasting far longer than expected, scientists say

I'm confused as to why SWAT was called out though. Unless they're petrochemical engineers, they won't be much help in determing the cause or much help in figuring out a solution. I doubt eco-terrorist or anything like that was involved, but I wouldn't dismiss the notion altogether.
SWAT was called in to round up everyone that discovers that muslim tree hugging kenyans were behind this so called accident and put them in FEMA camps.

You're the child...I see you've o'ded on Rush again. How pathetic you are.

So its your contention the oil flow will not cause anyone's livelihood to be destroyed?

Individuals are affected every day by events beyond their control. Its my contention that most recover.

What do you have in life that you value? Much at all? In addition to the economic devastation, thousands and thousands of people are about to lose something that many of them have had in their families for 100 or more years. People who have worked hard all their lives, paid their taxes, and done the right thing - will lose the only way they know how to provide for their family - and its not going to be because of an act of God or a natural disaster, its because other human beings decided profit was more important than people.

The lost of our 3rd coast's economic resources and much of its culture is not "no big deal for the USA" - its just no big deal to you, because nothing is a big deal to you.

:eusa_boohoo:

Are you saying, they will NOT accept a check from BP?

Hell, I might be tickled pink if BP poured crude all over my back-yard, then offered to pay me for my land, pain, suffering, etc., etc.

Be like winning the fucking lottery if I was living in a tar-hut in New Iberia Parrish.

I hope everyone realizes that right now there are meetings in progress at the highest levels of BP management discussing the most cost effective ways to clean up this mess.

I never ask someone else to change their life so that oil wasn't used....
Right, you just expect others to give up their livelihoods so you can use oil.

Meh.....about 300,000,000 US citizens use oil.

How many do you figure are gonna "give up their livelihoods."

Louisiana's fishing industry is 2.4 billion
Gulf Coast Fishermen Fear That They Will Be Left With 'Crippled Industry' - NYTimes.com

not to mention all the other gulf states.

That's a lot of jobs.

Not to mention the indirect loses from industry related to the seafood industry - tourism in particular. Obviously all the seafood festivals will be affected, but in general, tourists come to places like New Orleans to eat good U.S. seafood, not that crappy asian shit.

Last edited:

What do you have in life that you value? Much at all? In addition to the economic devastation, thousands and thousands of people are about to lose something that many of them have had in their families for 100 or more years. People who have worked hard all their lives, paid their taxes, and done the right thing - will lose the only way they know how to provide for their family - and its not going to be because of an act of God or a natural disaster, its because other human beings decided profit was more important than people.

The lost of our 3rd coast's economic resources and much of its culture is not "no big deal for the USA" - its just no big deal to you, because nothing is a big deal to you.

We all think it is a big deal, we are just tired of hearing the whining from spastic, overreacting leeches like you.

:eusa_boohoo:

Are you saying, they will NOT accept a check from BP?

I'm saying no amount of money can repair the damage that is/will be done.

Hell, I might be tickled pink if BP poured crude all over my back-yard, then offered to pay me for my land, pain, suffering, etc., etc.

That's because money is the only thing that is valuable to you.

Gulf Coast Fishermen Fear That They Will Be Left With 'Crippled Industry' - NYTimes.com

That's a lot of jobs.

Not to mention the indirect loses from industry related to the seafood industry - tourism in particular. Obviously all the seafood festivals will be affected, but in general, tourists come to places like New Orleans to eat good U.S. seafood, not that crappy asian shit.

Unless all those fisherman are using sailboats and the tourists are walking to your god forsaken state, maybe you should look a little closer to home about who is profiting from oil and who isn't.

Last edited:
In terms of what this oil spill means for the gulf coast and its long term effects it will be tragic for years to come and it's my hope that BP does step up to the plate and helps mitigate some the damage caused by this well. However, speculating on how engineers can seal off the flow of oil from this well is just that speculation, and I have every confidence that a solution will be found and the challenge will be met and the well sealed off. The after-effects of this spill will need to be addressed by cool heads and not by reactionary voices using this as a hammer or as a gotcha to further some agenda when the real tragic results of this spill will be the people living it. I frankly find it somewhat amusing everytime I hear from the extreme anti-petro side of this argurment they are doing so on a petro based product and no doubt at some tie duing the week consuming any number of products produced by that same industry all the while condemning its use for others except for themselves. It's prudent for our nation to move forward in a DIVERSE energy solution for the future and one that includes fossil fuels for the near term and using this tragic spill to promote favored solitions does not help in that promotion.

we are in agreement through most of your comments. i think though, what you call 'extreme anti-petro' are not so much anti-petro as they are pro-alternative energy because it is not worth a tragedy like this to enrich multi-national oil companies. and we need to wean ourselves off of oil because every dollar we spend on oil enriches some country that gives money to people who want to bomb us into the next century.

and therein lies the rub... it's not even our oil... it's BP's. and why it is our responsibility to clean up their mess is beyond me. we have to do it because it's the right thing to do, but they should cover all costs...and not just clean up costs.

the thing that's really heartbreaking is how does a father teach his son how to shrimp when the shrimp are going to be contaminated for a generation? how do you give people back their lives?

for a multinational oil company?

Last edited:

We all think it is a big deal, we are just tired of hearing the whining from spastic, overreacting leeches like you.

DO YOU SPEAK FOR ALL THE RIGHTIES ON HERE?

Samson are you even a right winger? Does non-elitist speak for you?

Unless all those fisherman are using sailboat and the tourists are walking to your god forsaken state, maybe you should look a little close to home about who is profiting from oil and who isn't.

The fisherman have already paid for the oil they used - and now some will have to pay for it with their livelihoods. Are you suggesting they should just have to pay more than you? Are you suggesting its fine that you only must exchange the dollar value for gas listed at the pump - yet they have to do that AND lose everything?

In terms of what this oil spill means for the gulf coast and its long term effects it will be tragic for years to come and it's my hope that BP does step up to the plate and helps mitigate some the damage caused by this well. However, speculating on how engineers can seal off the flow of oil from this well is just that speculation, and I have every confidence that a solution will be found and the challenge will be met and the well sealed off. The after-effects of this spill will need to be addressed by cool heads and not by reactionary voices using this as a hammer or as a gotcha to further some agenda when the real tragic results of this spill will be the people living it. I frankly find it somewhat amusing everytime I hear from the extreme anti-petro side of this argurment they are doing so on a petro based product and no doubt at some tie duing the week consuming any number of products produced by that same industry all the while condemning its use for others except for themselves. It's prudent for our nation to move forward in a DIVERSE energy solution for the future and one that includes fossil fuels for the near term and using this tragic spill to promote favored solitions does not help in that promotion.

we are in agreement through most of your comments. i think though, what you call 'extreme anti-petro' are not so much anti-petro as they are pro-alternative energy because it is not worth a tragedy like this to enrich multi-national oil companies. and we need to wean ourselves off of oil because every dollar we spend on oil enriches some country that gives money to people who want to bomb us into the next century.

and therein lies the rub... it's not even our oil... it's BP's. and why it is our responsibility to clean up their mess is beyond me. we have to do it because it's the right thing to do, but they should cover all costs...and not just clean up costs.

the thing that's really heartbreaking is how does a father teach his son how to shrimp when the shrimp are going to be contaminated for a generation? how do you give people back their lives?

for a multinational oil company?
Don't be silly, Jillian, they can grow up and be investment bankers.

That's a lot of jobs.

According to CIA, $2.4B is about the GDP of Aruba.....:eusa_eh:

There are other fish in the sea.

Maybe they'll all move back to Vietnam?

I agree with you, for example the site of the Exxon Valdez was cleaned up and proved to be a profitable fishing area after the cleanup.

Its not like it was before.

Exxon Valdez oil spill impacts lasting far longer than expected, scientists say

Well no one said it was like it was before doofus!! I said it's proved to be a profitable fishing area after the clean up.

Get your head out of your ass!!

You're the child...I see you've o'ded on Rush again. How pathetic you are.

Thanks for proving me right. Your response is a typical childs response. Now go play child!!

DO YOU SPEAK FOR ALL THE RIGHTIES ON HERE?

Samson are you even a right winger? Does non-elitist speak for you?

Generally, I wait until Jillian PM's suggestive pics of herself to me, then I just go along with whatever she says.

That's a lot of jobs.

Unless all those fisherman are using sailboats and the tourists are walking to your god forsaken state, maybe you should look a little closer to home about who is profiting from oil and who isn't.

God forsaken?

You've never been to the Gulf Coast, have you?

Forum List

Back