How to reduce school shootings.

Kids (or anyone that knows about it) being bullied must reveal it to the school administration. Bullies must then be removed from those schools and placed in special Schools for Bullies. Problem solved.

Incorrect.

20, 30, 40, 50 years ago we didn't have school shootings like we do now. So what has changed? It isn't bullies, they have always been here

Bullies have always existed in school. I'm 48 and can tell you we had bullies, I was bullied and took a lot of shit because my grandma raised me to not let people push me around. My dad and grandpa were bullied. Bullies in school are not new because it's human nature when growing up and transitioning from being a child to an adult.

But since we always had bullies why weren't school shootings a thing up until the last 20 years and getting worse? Because our society is increasingly raising shitty people.

It's no coincidence that once we stopped pushing American values, pride, morals, and standards. Once we stopped the pledge of allegiance in schools. Once we started condemning Christianity and propping up foreign religions. That we stopped campaigns like crime doesn't pay and don't do drugs. Once we stopped all of that violence and crime among youth skyrocketed.

I don't approve of bullies but it's a necessary part of growing up because once you leave high school bullying doesn't stop. You deal with bullies at work, in grocery stores, in traffic on the road, even like blm are bullies running around harassing people and trying to force them to say what they want and so.

The answer is to instill morals, values, standards, pride, ambition, personal responsibility, strength and intelligence in people and our society again. The answer is to have a better society, like the one we used to have just a few short decades ago.

And to be honest, if it weren't for social media I'd also wager school violence would be a lot less because it's rotting young people's minds.

Incorrect.

20, 30, 40, 50 years ago we didn't have school shootings like we do now. So what has changed? It isn't bullies, they have always been here

Bullies have always existed in school. I'm 48 and can tell you we had bullies, I was bullied and took a lot of shit because my grandma raised me to not let people push me around. My dad and grandpa were bullied. Bullies in school are not new because it's human nature when growing up and transitioning from being a child to an adult.

But since we always had bullies why weren't school shootings a thing up until the last 20 years and getting worse? Because our society is increasingly raising shitty people.

It's no coincidence that once we stopped pushing American values, pride, morals, and standards. Once we stopped the pledge of allegiance in schools. Once we started condemning Christianity and propping up foreign religions. That we stopped campaigns like crime doesn't pay and don't do drugs. Once we stopped all of that violence and crime among youth skyrocketed.

I don't approve of bullies but it's a necessary part of growing up because once you leave high school bullying doesn't stop. You deal with bullies at work, in grocery stores, in traffic on the road, even like blm are bullies running around harassing people and trying to force them to say what they want and so.

The answer is to instill morals, values, standards, pride, ambition, personal responsibility, strength and intelligence in people and our society again. The answer is to have a better society, like the one we used to have just a few short decades ago.

And to be honest, if it weren't for social media I'd also wager school violence would be a lot less because it's rotting young people's minds.

The schools really can't be tasked with doing all of this AND bringing kids up to grade level and beyond. Really.

It's family life. That's the difference. When we were in school, kids mostly came ready to learn. Or, at the very least, if the kids were NOT ready to learn, the parents did not blame the school/teachers.

We have decided that if the family is failing, the schools can do everything, including raise the children. Well. We're not equipped to do that, and it's burning us out.

Incorrect.

We have social media in Wales. Never had one school shooting. Try again.

To me, you are on the right track, but in my opinion, doing such things can only make so much of a difference. Once the bullying has already been done, what is to be done about the victims when just one time can be enough to send them over the edge should the one time be bad enough?

God bless you and the victims always!!!

Holly
It's the constant bullying that's the problem.

Incorrect.

Bullying is a common theme in school shootings and must be addressed. Today's boys likely have more fragile ego's, possibly because of the sexual revolution. Maybe we could look into that.

This is such a liberal take. Not one brain cell focused on the school shooter. Libs always aggressively attack the wrong symptom.
So, we should remove the bullied kids from the school? It's clear that the two need to be separated. Perhaps a School for Bullied Kids.

It's not so simple.

Kids think that if some other kids says, "Your shoes are weird", that's bullying. So do parents. So the reports to admin would be prolific.

I mean look around at our very delicate, whiny society. You think schools are immune from this?

(Not to minimize actual bullying, which does happen, and is awful. But lots and LOTS of false reports too)
They'll just have to wade through that stuff.

The schools really can't be tasked with doing all of this AND bringing kids up to grade level and beyond. Really.

It's family life. That's the difference. When we were in school, kids mostly came ready to learn. Or, at the very least, if the kids were NOT ready to learn, the parents did not blame the school/teachers.

We have decided that if the family is failing, the schools can do everything, including raise the children. Well. We're not equipped to do that, and it's burning us out.
Maybe we should stop telling our kids how wonderful they are and start telling them how wonderful they aren't. That would be a good start.

A couple of full time police officers with full benefits and pensions. Taxpayer funded. Won't cost a local district one penny.

2 taxpayer funded full time police officers in every school. Doors that lock. There's a start.
Schools that need them already have resource officers. Schools already have doors that lock (when not broken).

Maybe we should stop telling our kids how wonderful they are and start telling them how wonderful they aren't. That would be a good start.

I don't disagree with the principle here, though what you want to instill in them is that you FEEL better when you DO better. This is proven in ed research: just telling kids how great they are is of little value, but encouraging them to try and succeed at difficult tasks actually does make them feel great.

Of course, when did my profession ever do anything based on research?

But they won't! They don't pay for all of a teacher's classroom needs! Or feed the kids! Look at the state's turning down fed grants for underprivileged children. All red state governors! And you think they will buy guns for every classroom?

Nobody but you has suggested that.

Kids have been bullied forever. It's normal. Something else is the culprit, and it's the drugs.

It's the overall republican plan across the country!
You can look it up!

No, because you are lying.

Forum List

Back