How to avoid a fight about Trump this Thanksgiving

That's easy....don't spend Thanksgiving with shitlib relatives. I haven't even talked to my shitlib relatives in like 5 years. Fuck those idiots.
That's the spirit! Partisanship! Destroying families for the sake of politics!

What ever happened to that quaint little phrase "Family Values"? Was it replaced by "Winning!"?

Family values? Is that the same as diddling a 14 year old girl?
Morality can be flexible.

Even on Thanksgiving the hate-Trump media can’t take a break. Headline on Politico: “How Donald Trump Ruined Thanksgiving.” Pathetic. Stand down for 24 hours. Sheesh.

How did Donald trump "politicize" the game? Was he the one who disrespected the National Anthem by protesting while it was playing?

No, he was the one who supported the Confederate flag wavers, that's more disrespectful.

Even on Thanksgiving the hate-Trump media can’t take a break. Headline on Politico: “How Donald Trump Ruined Thanksgiving.” Pathetic. Stand down for 24 hours. Sheesh.

Perhaps that shit stain could stand down on his childish tweeting.

That's easy....don't spend Thanksgiving with shitlib relatives. I haven't even talked to my shitlib relatives in like 5 years. Fuck those idiots.

What ever happened to that quaint little phrase "Family Values"? Was it replaced by "Winning!"?

And if you read my signature, so too can principles.

And if you read my signature, so too can principles.
Any person quoting Groucho is on the right track!

Why would you want to avoid a fight about Trump at Thanksgiving....how often do you have left wing nut jobs within easy access where you can make them bitch and moan as you bring up how successful Trump has been, and what a failure democrats have been.....it is like Christmas in November....and say "Christmas" because that too drives the left wing democrats nuts...
Taking glee over ruining a family holiday over partisan politics shows something rather vile in your character.

There was a time, not all that long ago, when Conservatives had an ideology that put "Family Values" at the center.

I guess that is just considered passé these days as today's 'Comservative' could care less about their family. Rather they resort to tribalism in praise of a huckster buffoon whose comportment would be an embarrassment in any decent American family
Democrat policies are anti-family by design...so what are you even babbling about? They praise single motherhood.
Single parents are families.
Not full families.
Yes, full families. You might consider that a few generations ago, a full family included grandparents and sometime aunts and uncles as well all living in the same household. Then the nuclear family came along to accommodate the economy. Single parent household represent the latest evolution of the family structure. So, is a 'full family' one that includes Grandpa and Grandma, or Mom and Dad, or are you not able to grasp simple sociology?

Sorry! I took sociology in the 80s and liberalism hadn't quite set in yet, if that is what you are saying.

Why would you want to avoid a fight about Trump at Thanksgiving....how often do you have left wing nut jobs within easy access where you can make them bitch and moan as you bring up how successful Trump has been, and what a failure democrats have been.....it is like Christmas in November....and say "Christmas" because that too drives the left wing democrats nuts...
Taking glee over ruining a family holiday over partisan politics shows something rather vile in your character.

There was a time, not all that long ago, when Conservatives had an ideology that put "Family Values" at the center.

I guess that is just considered passé these days as today's 'Comservative' could care less about their family. Rather they resort to tribalism in praise of a huckster buffoon whose comportment would be an embarrassment in any decent American family
Democrat policies are anti-family by design...so what are you even babbling about? They praise single motherhood.
Single parents are families.

If those women were widowed, then it would be a family. Otherwise, not so much!
A divorcée should not be shown the same respect as a widow? Are you saying she would be better off if she had just knuckled under and stayed with her husband no matter what?

Unless it was documented abusive relationship, the woman needs to tend to her children's needs first.

My wife's first marriage ended because he just didn't want to be married anymore.

Oh, that is rich! Those of you on the left side are bashing Moore for allegedly dating teenagers, and you say morality is flexible?

Hypocrite, thy name is liberal!

Maybe they can discuss their favorite child predator, Moore at the dinner table.

The only debate we had at Thanksgiving was which wonderful bourbon to start off with first. The Lagavulin 12 we brought was the obvious choice.

Funny & on target :cool-45:

Football and turkey.Alongside cooking a giant bird, watching the NFL is a staple of Thanksgiving.

But this year, taking in the big hits with the extended family might not be so much fun.

Donald Trump has managed to politicize the game to such a degree that the seemingly innocuous pleasure of football-viewing could easily prompt a row. Or brawl.

Why are the players kneeling? Why are the players not kneeling? Does this disrespect the flag? Does it disrespect the flag enough? What about disrespecting the anthem?

Football is clearly off limits. But is there any relatively neutral topic left that the president, has not ruined? It is not looking good:​

Continued:

How to avoid a fight about Trump during Thanksgiving dinner

2017-11_Trump-Thanksgiving_3x2.jpg

Quoted to say "STFU" because there's no STFU button where you posted this.

You're a tard.

Trump? Trump? The name sounds familiar but I just can't seem to place it. Uuuummmmm, nope, not coming to me. :dunno:
Our (my sister's) Thanksgiving dinner will be tomorrow (Friday).

Her hubby loves Trump.

I know the azzhole (her hubby) will bring it up.

My strategy is not to acknowledge the comment at all. Just keep eating.

That's easy. If a Trumpkin starts spewing "Trump sh*t" with which one disagrees or that one finds insipid, ignore them. One can either sit and say nothing or one can sit and say nothing for a moment and then excuse oneself, either simply or by standing and to the person making the insipid remarks saying something akin to, "Would you pardon me for a moment while I go watch the leaves turn color," and then leaving the room.

(I strongly suggest not using the latter tactic with one's host or a host's peers. One may well find that the reply is, "Yes, of course. Let me bring your coat and have your car brought around so you can do it outdoors without getting too much a chill.")

While in social media venues, only certain people feel the impact of being ignored, in an in-person setting, the power of utter silence cannot be beat. No voices rise. No violence ensues. Yet everyone knows "what's what."
Confucius had a particular proverb about this:

"Never argue with an idiot -- people listening might not know the difference."

Maybe they can discuss their favorite child predator, Moore at the dinner table.

[email protected] Epstein? Bill "drop trou" Clinton? The Lolita Express??? Pedophile Island???

Run to your little bubble wingnut...

Even your god thinks you're a little pussy.

I don't have any relatives that are leftards but I would have no problem discussing anything that they wanted. I would beat them down with facts and data as to what we are facing.

A punkinpuss like you wouldn't stand a chance.

Oh, that is rich! Those of you on the left side are bashing Moore for allegedly dating teenagers, and you say morality is flexible?

Hypocrite, thy name is liberal!
No. I'm saying those of you and the right supporting a pedophile shows just how flexible your morals are, if you had them to begin with. Politics over child safety! And the last veil has been dropped.

Trump? Trump? The name sounds familiar but I just can't seem to place it. Uuuummmmm, nope, not coming to me. :dunno:
Our (my sister's) Thanksgiving dinner will be tomorrow (Friday).

Her hubby loves Trump.

I know the azzhole (her hubby) will bring it up.

My strategy is not to acknowledge the comment at all. Just keep eating.

Just ask him why then let the fact less answer hang there for 10 seconds.

Then ask where he gets his news.

Forum List

Back