How the heck is it Romney's fault that Newt effed up in Virginia?

But these are NATIONAL figures, some of whom poll in the double digits.

But couldn't even get .003 of the nearly 4 million registered voters to sign a petition with MONTHS & MONTHS of advance notice.

That's some powerful candy-date there. :lol:

They could have submitted half a million signatures, and the party hacks would have disqualified them under some lame-ass excuse.

Party hacks, an understandable term that is deserved.

Vast conspiracy for Romney though, is quite a stretch.

Had newt made an honest effort, he would have submitted 3 times what was required.

JMO

>

And there will be calls throughout the land for an "Activist Judge" to throw out the law as enacted years ago by the Legislature of the Commonwealth of Virginia so that those who did not follow the law are granted special dispensation to be on the primary ballot.

Something that if it was a Democrat doing it would be resoundingly opposed.

>>>>

Exactly!!!!

Maybe. But this kind of dirty tricks is exactly the kind of laws the courts should strike down.

If your argument is that you have a requirement so that Joe Blow with a tinfoil hat can't get his name on the ballot, that's one thing. But these are NATIONAL figures, some of whom poll in the double digits.

Just another way of deciding for the voters who will be the next president.

Shame that the man who leads in the Virginia polls couldn't even make it through the qualification process.

The rejection is a significant setback for the Gingrich campaign since he is leading the polls in Virginia among likely Republican voters and is seen as a strong contender for the nomination.

Perry’s campaign told state election officials it had submitted 11,911 signatures, and Gingrich’s campaign said it submitted 11,050 signatures. State party officials spent Friday night (in)validating the signatures.

Earlier Friday, the Republican Party of Virginia certified former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) to appear on the ballot.
Virginia Politics - News and notes from the Post's staff. - The Washington Post

Course the two candidates the establishment wanted made it.

If you want anyone else you have to right them in......that is if they will allow that.

Last edited:
Perry’s campaign told state election officials it had submitted 11,911 signatures, and Gingrich’s campaign said it submitted 11,050 signatures. State party officials spent Friday night (in)validating the signatures.

I hadn't seen that, that is pretty shitty if true.

Its not like this is some back woods county council position. I dont see how anyone could cheat with so many eyes upon you.

Its not like this is some back woods county council position. I dont see how anyone could cheat with so many eyes upon you.

I'm curious of how many signatures of other candidates were invalidated?

I wonder if Newt thought he'd last this long? Was he serious or is he so unpolitical that he can't focus on the key items necessary for a presidential run? His thought and his comments are so all over the place you realize the criticism he gets is often spot on.

Good question.

Seems rather funny to me that Mitt isn't up there demanding the others be on the ballot.

If Mitt is half the guy he wants us to believe he is then he would want a fair accounting in VA.

I wonder if Newt thought he'd last this long? Was he serious or is he so unpolitical that he can't focus on the key items necessary for a presidential run? His thought and his comments are so all over the place you realize the criticism he gets is often spot on.

He was required to submit 10,000, he submitted 12,000. Not seeing a problem here, most candidates submit about 20% over and that's usually fine.

This is the RPV trying to rig the game for Romney, except that it's backfiring on them.

Who is the chairman of the RPV, anyway, this guy?

WileECoyote.jpg

He was required to submit 10,000, he submitted 12,000. Not seeing a problem here, most candidates submit about 20% over and that's usually fine.

You just can't help yourself from lying, can you Joe?

Amelia, you can whine all day about the "rules" and "newt messed up", but the party hacks got caught cheating.... It's really that simple.

Come on, 5 out of 6 Romney rivals are disqualified?

Get real. This is trying to rig the game, because they know ROmney is a weak candidate who couldn't win a fair fight, even outspending his opponents 10-1.

We get it! We get it! Rules are for the other guy. :cool:

Good question.

Seems rather funny to me that Mitt isn't up there demanding the others be on the ballot.

If Mitt is half the guy he wants us to believe he is then he would want a fair accounting in VA.

That's loser talk. If the NFL were fair, Aaron Rodgers would play quarterback for both teams. Poltics is a game and the one that follows the rules owes nothing to those who don't. If Mitt could actually do what you say and effect the ballot to add opponents, it would go down in history as one of the stupidest political moves OF ALL TIME!!! :eek:

this merely shows the right was played by Newt.

He didnt want to be president or he would have met the deadline.

You have been Palined yet again.

First Palin herself, then Trump, then Cain and now Newt.

They all ran to get publicity for their book and speaking carreers.

they will make way more money now and your party looks like a clown car that missed the turn.

Isnt putting money before everything fun.

Amelia, you can whine all day about the "rules" and "newt messed up", but the party hacks got caught cheating.... It's really that simple.

Come on, 5 out of 6 Romney rivals are disqualified?

Get real. This is trying to rig the game, because they know ROmney is a weak candidate who couldn't win a fair fight, even outspending his opponents 10-1.

We get it! We get it! Rules are for the other guy. :cool:

Let the voters decide...

Simple enough concept.

If Romney is so awesome, let the voters vote for him, with all comers being let in.

I mean, honestly, if Romney can't beat Gingrich with all his baggage in a fair fight, what the hell is he going to do with Obama playing Chicago Ward Smackdown on his "white and delightsome" backside?

Let's leave the rules aside. As far as I'm concerned, he was supposed to submit 10K, he submitted 12K, that's fine.

If you want to pretend the Party Hacks had a good reason to invalidate them, knock yourself out.

But this just exposes Romney as a weak candidate who can't whether a fair fight.

One who has spent 100 million dollars and still 75% of Republicans would rather have someone else.

But somehow, Republicans are going to magically fall in line and then he's going to get some Obama Supporters to change their minds. Really.

Ever notice it's the liberals taking Romney's side on this issue. That should be a big warning flag.

This is the RPV trying to rig the game for Romney, except that it's backfiring on them.

Who is the chairman of the RPV, anyway, this guy?

WileECoyote.jpg

But it's not just a matter of how many signitures, is it? It's also a matter of their distribution across the state. The problem isn't a few thousand statewide, but the fact that he couldn't get a few hundred in specific places. With that kind of organization, a Newt candidacy was just a pipe dream, anyway. The Flavor-of-the-Month was peach, but now they've moved on!!!

Your right in one respect.

These guys are all politicians and they all want to win.

If he's basically the only one on the ballot then he will be the big winner.

Don't know how much that win will resonate with folks but there you go.

Wrong for a couple of reasons.

#1 - He was required to submit 10,000 signatures of qualified voters, he submitted less then those required under the law. He did not submit 12,000 qualified signatures.

#2 - He didn't even submit 12,000 signatures - he submitted 11,050. You are off by almost 1,000 votes (specifically 950).

#3 - He didn't submit 20% over the minimum requirements, he submitted only 10.5% signatures over the 10,000 limit.​

Richmond Times Dispatch (Capital Newspaper for the State of Viginia

>>>>

But it's not just a matter of how many signitures, is it? It's also a matter of their distribution across the state. The problem isn't a few thousand statewide, but the fact that he couldn't get a few hundred in specific places. With that kind of organization, a Newt candidacy was just a pipe dream, anyway. The Flavor-of-the-Month was peach, but now they've moved on!!!
I read earlier (but can't verify at the moment) about 2,000 of Newts signatures didn't even have a address.

Automatic disqualification right there.

I also noted from that source he *did* garner enough in each district.

Wrong for a couple of reasons.
#1 - He was required to submit 10,000 signatures of qualified voters, he submitted less then those required under the law. He did not submit 12,000 qualified signatures.

#2 - He didn't even submit 12,000 signatures - he submitted 11,050. You are off by almost 1,000 votes (specifically 950).

#3 - He didn't submit 20% over the minimum requirements, he submitted only 10.5% signatures over the 10,000 limit.​

Richmond Times Dispatch (Capital Newspaper for the State of Viginia

>>>>
Joe has been told this only about 20 times, yet he still continues to lie about the number handed in. Over and over, he keeps repeating the lie.

How can someone be so willing to continue to lie, once he knows the facts - without looking like a deceitful, dirty hack?

Forum List

Back