How the heck is it Romney's fault that Newt effed up in Virginia?

Okay, when a Democrat praises you as a Republican, I'm usually suspicious.

I'm not a democrat.

In addition to lying, you assume a lot.

Given the crap I've seen you post, denying being a democrat is laughable...

I mean, you really thikn you can get away with this bullshit.

Hey, but I'm glad you Democrats are Soooooooo concerned who is running in our primaries.

Okay, when a Democrat praises you as a Republican, I'm usually suspicious.

I'm not a democrat.

In addition to lying, you assume a lot.

Given the crap I've seen you post, denying being a democrat is laughable...

I mean, you really thikn you can get away with this bullshit.

Hey, but I'm glad you Democrats are Soooooooo concerned who is running in our primaries.
I'm a registered independent, and fuck you if you don't believe me, or other respected posters here who tell you they are republicans.

Newt is not a serious candidate.

After a bundle of early missteps he had a chance to show that he was. For a brief stretch there, it looked like he might make it.

Then he showed again that he is not.

But these are NATIONAL figures, some of whom poll in the double digits.

But couldn't even get .003 of the nearly 4 million registered voters to sign a petition with MONTHS & MONTHS of advance notice.

That's some powerful candy-date there. :lol:

They could have submitted half a million signatures, and the party hacks would have disqualified them under some lame-ass excuse.

Right. Blame everyone but the person responsible: NEWT

Yes I am.

You have some way of declaring and proving that all those who are discussing the issue and disagree with you are democrats?

Maybe supernatural powers? You have telepathetic powers?

>>>>

Doesn't take telepathy to see that you are defending hackery that helps the Democrats.

There is no excuse for this. This is the Party telling it's voters we don't trust you.

If Romney's the best guy for the job, let him make his case in a fair fight.

Do you know what I find truly offensive about the Non-Mormon Romney supporters? It's their lack of faith in real conservative values.

the only way a Republican can win is if he acts like a Democrat.

I mean, here you have the WORST president since Jimmy Carter. And the position of the GOP elites are, "We can't run someone who is too conservative! That might scare away these moderates".

And if the voters wont' go along with our pre-determined choice, we'll just take all the other choices off the ballot. I'm sure there's a rule in here that let's us do that.

So your solution is Newt, one of the few candidates less conservative than Romney.

So your solution is Newt, one of the few candidates less conservative than Romney.

I guess I have a different view of what it means to be conservative.

in 1994, Newt was the guy who got us control of congress, reformed Welfare, and pushed Clinton towards balancing the budget.

Reversable Mittens was denouncing Reagan, saying he'd be better on gay rights than Ted Kennedy, and protecting a woman's right to have an abortion. He would later go on to create the model for Socialized Medicine that Obama would copy.

Why be such a stickler for the rules when he did submit a lot of signatures and it is clear from polling that a lot of people would vote for him if the election were held today?

Did he submit 10,000 signatures? Or less than that?

Did he submit at least 400 signatures from each district? Or less than that?

You would have a point only if Gingrich submitted something like 10,500 signatures, but 505 were thrown out for some sort of technicality..

Why be such a stickler for the rules when he did submit a lot of signatures and it is clear from polling that a lot of people would vote for him if the election were held today?

Did he submit 10,000 signatures? Or less than that?

Did he submit at least 400 signatures from each district? Or less than that?

You would have a point only if Gingrich submitted something like 10,500 signatures, but 505 were thrown out for some sort of technicality..

He submitted some 11-12 thousand, and about 2000 were thrown out on technicalities, which is what makes the whole thing rather suspicious.

I really like Newt Gingrich, and I think he's a smart man. I just wonder if one of his staff decided to cut corners in Virginia and got called on it.

Virginia boasts some of the brightest, best Americans and patriots anywhere, on both sides of the aisle. Surely their evidence for cutting Gingrich and Perry (much to my heartache) were bankable.

Candidates have been known to win without winning the popular vote in Virginia, and they taught a hard political lesson to those they turned away.

Gingrich used paid contractors who collected signatures outside of retail stores.

Romney on the other hand used volunteers who collected signatures outside of polling places.

Romney followed the guidelines and submitted over 15,000 signatures. Gingrich ignored the guidelines and submitted 11,050 signatures.

Hmmm ... I wonder who has the best chance of having enough valid signatures of registered voters on their petitions? Damn those competent people who follow guidelines and actually have supporters in the state willing to help them get on the ballot. Dirty tricks, I tells ya!

in 1994, Newt was the guy who got us control of congress, reformed Welfare, and pushed Clinton towards balancing the budget.

Reversable Mittens was denouncing Reagan, saying he'd be better on gay rights than Ted Kennedy, and protecting a woman's right to have an abortion. He would later go on to create the model for Socialized Medicine that Obama would copy.
Newt believes rules are for other people. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that Newt won't take responsibility for his own actions.

Gingrich used paid contractors who collected signatures outside of retail stores.

Romney on the other hand used volunteers who collected signatures outside of polling places.

Romney followed the guidelines and submitted over 15,000 signatures. Gingrich ignored the guidelines and submitted 11,050 signatures.

Hmmm ... I wonder who has the best chance of having enough valid signatures of registered voters on their petitions? Damn those competent people who follow guidelines and actually have supporters in the state willing to help them get on the ballot. Dirty tricks, I tells ya!

Well, Romney is the guy who doesn't want to have a fair contest.

Which is fine, Obama won't give him one.

Again, don't see how you guys expect to win by alienating those of us who are supporting other candidates.

Practically asking for a third party.

Newt believes rules are for other people. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that Newt won't take responsibility for his own actions.

Oh, look, everyone, another Democrat who is SoOOOOOOOO concerned about how Republicans manage their nominating contest.

Don't throw me into the briar patch, B'rer Fox.

Well, Romney is the guy who doesn't want to have a fair contest.

Which is fine, Obama won't give him one.

Again, don't see how you guys expect to win by alienating those of us who are supporting other candidates.

Practically asking for a third party.

You've already said that you flat out won't vote for Romney. So why should anyone care whether or not they alienate you?

Oh, look, everyone, another Democrat who is SoOOOOOOOO concerned about how Republicans manage their nominating contest.

Don't throw me into the briar patch, B'rer Fox.
Why are Democrats not allowed to be concerned? The fact that someone is running as a Republican doesn't mean he or she isn't an American trying to get voted into office.

Sad for you that Newt's fall has been so quick.

And sad for me that it hasn't been as entertaining as Cain's.

:lol:

You've already said that you flat out won't vote for Romney. So why should anyone care whether or not they alienate you?

I was speaking about the people who might still be persuadable.

Although the very fact that there IS a large chunk of the electorate that will not vote for Romney under ANY circumstances should be a good enough reason to find an alternative.

Unless the GOP isn't really that interested in winning.

Why are Democrats not allowed to be concerned? The fact that someone is running as a Republican doesn't mean he or she isn't an American trying to get voted into office.

Sad for all of us that Obama will probably be re-elected, because he's grossly incompetent.

But, hey, snookums, it's all about winning, not what's good for the country, right?

I was speaking about the people who might still be persuadable.

Although the very fact that there IS a large chunk of the electorate that will not vote for Romney under ANY circumstances should be a good enough reason to find an alternative.

Unless the GOP isn't really that interested in winning.

I would think that the fact that there is a candidate who can't even bother to follow the rules to get on a ballot is pretty persuasive evidence that he doesn't deserve my vote.

Only people with their heads in the sand will try to convince themselves otherwise. :thup:

Sad for all of us that Obama will probably be re-elected, because he's grossly incompetent.

But, hey, snookums, it's all about winning, not what's good for the country, right?
If the Republicans cared about the country they'd find a credible candidate. They have made no effort to do that.

Don't blame the Dems for the Republicans failures. Who are you, Newt Gingrich?

Forum List

Back