How stupid are left wingers? This stupid.

With Sales Depressed by Soda Tax, Philly Grocers Look to Cut Jobs as Mayor Blames 'Greedy' Soda Industry

"I didn't think it was possible for the soda industry to be any greedier," Kenney said in an emailed statement to Philly.com reporter Julia Terruso. "They are so committed to stopping this tax from spreading to other cities, that they are not only passing the tax they should be paying onto their customer, they are actually willing to threaten working men and women's jobs rather than marginally reduce their seven figure bonuses."

Raise taxes on something and shocked that tax gets passed on to the customer. Democrats are fucking retards.
So people are driving outside of the city to get soda for 18 cents less per can? Sounds like the same idiots who run out of gas waiting in line to get it 25 cents cheaper.

With Sales Depressed by Soda Tax, Philly Grocers Look to Cut Jobs as Mayor Blames 'Greedy' Soda Industry

"I didn't think it was possible for the soda industry to be any greedier," Kenney said in an emailed statement to Philly.com reporter Julia Terruso. "They are so committed to stopping this tax from spreading to other cities, that they are not only passing the tax they should be paying onto their customer, they are actually willing to threaten working men and women's jobs rather than marginally reduce their seven figure bonuses."

Raise taxes on something and shocked that tax gets passed on to the customer. Democrats are fucking retards.
So people are driving outside of the city to get soda for 18 cents less per can? Sounds like the same idiots who run out of gas waiting in line to get it 25 cents cheaper.

Well, I work north of columbus in Lewis Center area. My home is west columbus, the hilliard area. I found out that the Walmart up there has 2-liters of pop for $1, whereas the one in Hilliard is $1.35. Now I don't know for sure that this is due to taxes, but taxes are lower up there.

Which do you think I go to? Both are on my way home. The cheaper one of course.

Well, there are different views on tax. At the end of the day tax needs to be paid. Sometimes there are ideological fights over tax because one way means some people pay more than other, and sometime it just appears that way. A guy coming out and exposing his view doesn't necessarily point to him being stupid.

Your second point suggests it's liberals who destroy the economy. Well... the last economic recession started... well... it started with a US president going to too many costly wars, and a government (both sides) unwilling to deal with banks in a sensible manner.

The problem with your argument is you have the right which has set up a system which claims to create jobs, and yet benefits large corporations over smaller businesses on a massive basis. Is this good for jobs? Yeah, well, Walmart and their massively low wage jobs aren't exactly great.

You talk about things being overpriced but then it's the right who love the massively overpriced healthcare system which just sucks the blood out of people's pay checks just so others can leech off the system.

My point here is that both sides are "stupid", and yet you'll come out and criticize the left for being stupid while promoting policies which are also "stupid". Great.
That's a good post!

We basically have the same regulations we did back in the 90's, when we had 8 solid years of growth in the economy. If regs are so bad for business, how does someone like Andy explain that?

For me, I don't want corporations paying a less tax rate than I do.

Well, there are different views on tax. At the end of the day tax needs to be paid. Sometimes there are ideological fights over tax because one way means some people pay more than other, and sometime it just appears that way. A guy coming out and exposing his view doesn't necessarily point to him being stupid.

Your second point suggests it's liberals who destroy the economy. Well... the last economic recession started... well... it started with a US president going to too many costly wars, and a government (both sides) unwilling to deal with banks in a sensible manner.

The problem with your argument is you have the right which has set up a system which claims to create jobs, and yet benefits large corporations over smaller businesses on a massive basis. Is this good for jobs? Yeah, well, Walmart and their massively low wage jobs aren't exactly great.

You talk about things being overpriced but then it's the right who love the massively overpriced healthcare system which just sucks the blood out of people's pay checks just so others can leech off the system.

My point here is that both sides are "stupid", and yet you'll come out and criticize the left for being stupid while promoting policies which are also "stupid". Great.
That's a good post!

We basically have the same regulations we did back in the 90's, when we had 8 solid years of growth in the economy. If regs are so bad for business, how does someone like Andy explain that?

Then you just end up paying their extra taxes. Duh.

It just causes inflation of prices. For instance, raise taxes on gas, and delivery companies raise their prices, and then the places they deliver to raise prices (such as grocery stores, clothing stores, whatever).

Then you just end up paying their extra taxes. Duh.
That's what I just got done saying! I don't want to pay their taxes for them.

What you should be mad about is the government raising YOUR taxes. The federal income tax was invented originally to help pay for the Civil War. There was no federal income tax before that time. It had been ruled unconstitutional several times throughout history.

And another thing to be angry at is government wasteful spending of our money! My god, I've never heard anything so stupid as the things our government spends MILLIONS or even BILLIONS of dollars on!

What you should be mad about is the government raising YOUR taxes.
Except for the fact that taxes were actually lowered during the Obama Administration. But when they do raise them, I am mad about that. What I don't like is the government lowering taxes on corporations.

The federal income tax was invented originally to help pay for the Civil War. There was no federal income tax before that time. It had been ruled unconstitutional several times throughout history.
If we get rid of the federal tax, then the government has no revenue to pay its bills.

And another thing to be angry at is government wasteful spending of our money! My god, I've never heard anything so stupid as the things our government spends MILLIONS or even BILLIONS of dollars on!
We're in agreement there. Trump is planning on gutting social programs, the DOJ, the EPA, the DOE, just so he can increase the already obscene defense budget by $54 billion. And I'm really mad about that!

There are some corporations that shouldn't even be allowed to exist. Like "for-profit" prisons.

That's a good post!

"We basically have the same regulations we did back in the 90's, when we had 8 solid years of growth in the economy."

Actually, that's not even remotely true.

During the Obama regime, there were over 20,000 new regulations implemented.
20,642 New Regulations Added in the Obama Presidency

The cost of federal regulation is estimated to be $2.02 trillion in 2012. (That's equal to 25% of the GDP in 1995.)

http://www.nam.org/Data-and-Reports...ions/Federal-Regulation-Executive-Summary.pdf

What you should be mad about is the government raising YOUR taxes.
Except for the fact that taxes were actually lowered during the Obama Administration. But when they do raise them, I am mad about that. What I don't like is the government lowering taxes on corporations.

The federal income tax was invented originally to help pay for the Civil War. There was no federal income tax before that time. It had been ruled unconstitutional several times throughout history.
If we get rid of the federal tax, then the government has no revenue to pay its bills.

We're in agreement there. Trump is planning on gutting social programs, the DOJ, the EPA, the DOE, just so he can increase the already obscene defense budget by $54 billion. And I'm really mad about that!

There are some corporations that shouldn't even be allowed to exist. Like "for-profit" prisons.

I really like your stance .....

"We REALLY need all this stuff, as long as somebody else pays for it."

Makes a lot of sense to me ... you want to handle my utilities bill for this month?

"We basically have the same regulations we did back in the 90's, when we had 8 solid years of growth in the economy."

Actually, that's not even remotely true.

During the Obama regime, there were over 20,000 new regulations implemented.
20,642 New Regulations Added in the Obama Presidency

The cost of federal regulation is estimated to be $2.02 trillion in 2012. (That's equal to 25% of the GDP in 1995.)

http://www.nam.org/Data-and-Reports...ions/Federal-Regulation-Executive-Summary.pdf
I read your link and did a little fact checking on my own and have concluded, you're full of.........no, you were right, I was wrong and I thank you for the correction. Regulations have been going steadley up since Slick Willie's days.

Forum List

Back