how safe is Pay Pal?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Last night, kind of as an impulse buy, I ordered a Brian Jonestown Massacre T-shirt through Paypal, and now I'm kind of wondering about it. The people I ordered it from aren't going to be able to take all they want out of my bank account, are they?

And because I'm sure you're all interested, here's the shirt:

goldbrown.JPG

No, you specify the amount when you make the purchase. It is pretty darned safe. The part you need to worry about is whether or not they'll send you your stuff.

Paypal is 3rd party. The people you bought it from does not have access to your bank account.

You authorized Paypal to deduct X dollars from your account. They will do it and deposit it into the seller's account.

I have used Paypal for many years for both eBay and non-eBay purcheses.

Never had a problem.

i use paypal for my business, because I can take credit cards that way, without paying a monthly fee. plus the security that the other person does not have access to your accounts or even account numbers, as they would if you were to say, hand them a check or credit card number. Many businesses other than ebay use paypal as well, because it is convenient and clients can pay over the internet, or phone an order in and use a credit card.

paypal offers guaratees with purchases, and other benefits. you are also protected with a buy-back guarantee.

Cool thanks. I'm not too awful worried about not getting my shirt, as long as my account won't get drained!

Forum List

Back