How "pitiful" is the Republican Presidential field?

apparently some "cranky pants" don't like the results of the November 2nd, 2010 elections and haven't heard what the people have said and voted for-- anybody who didn't get what happened in that election raise their hands-- i nominate Christopher Christie and Paul Ryan as P and VP nominations-- Regards, probus

Which is why the Rs took control of the House in a huge ass-kicking demonstration in November?

Did you know that a RECORD numbers of Dems have left the Party since then?

Keep posting your delusions, however. They are entertaining. :cuckoo:
2010 ABC News Exit Polls on the 2010 elections,

- males tended to vote Republican (56%),
- female voters split their vote between the 2 parties (Democrat 48%/Republican 49%)

- "white" voters supported the Republican (60%)
- "black" voters favored the Democrats (90%),
- Hispanic voters preferred the Democrats (64%)
- Asians voters supported the Democratics (56%)

- younger voters (18-29 years) supported the Democtats (57%)
- voters 30-44 years split their support between the 2 parties (50% Democrats, 50% Republican)
- voters 45-64 years tebded to support Republicans (53%)
- Americans 65+ years voted Republican (59%)
- overall Democratic voters tend to be younger than Republican voters.

The profile of a Republican voter tends to be a "white," male and over 44 years of age while the average Democrat is "non-white" and under 45 years of age.

The problem for the Republicans comes when the number of younger and "non-white" American voters surpasses older, "white" voters to create a "majority" of visible "minorities" - according to demographers, the question is not if this will happen, but when!

"Provocateur" and his friends better enjoy this upsurge in conservative popularity while it lasts, because their are "lean" times ahead unless the GOP sees the "writing on the wall" and reinvents itself!

http://opportunityagenda.org/public_opinion_monthly_november_2010

Last edited:
welcome to America and representative democracy Makme!!!-- get used to learning that polls from media that are slanted toward wanting the Obama/Pelosi/Reid agenda to work will come out just like this-- ck. some FOX polls-- same thing but slanted the other way-- now that's democracy!-- Regards, probus

What is so hard for Republicans to say "We ain't got shit" when it comes to potential candidates

This is one of the weakest GOP fields I have seen in my lifetime.

Reminds me of when the Dems ran Mike Dukakis and George McGovern

Because they know they can't win. They have no chance. People are already fighting Right Wing Extremism in Wisconsin and they have only been in power for a month. They have absolutely no chance in November 2012.

I love how spending within our means is extremism.

Spending within our means is impossible without tax increases. The current crop of Republicans are basing their entire posture on the religion of tax cuts. So yes, if they intend to give us anything close to a balanced budget without tax increases, they're not going to be able to do superficial shit. They're going to have to cut into the meat and some cases the bone, of military spending, social security, medicare, medicaid. Yes, that brand of 'Reform' is extremism. Saying people who paid into SS and Medicare their whole lives should sacrifice services to finance your right to pay lower taxes than they ever did? That's extremism and narcissism.

According to public opinion polls, the field is currently "quite weak." Only two likely Republican contenders — Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney — have positive favorability ratings. Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich have "especially poor" ratings, in the negative double digits. Is the 2012 GOP field, as The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan puts it, irredeemably "pitiful?"

The GOP field is weak: These numbers are "bad news for Republicans," says Jim Lindgren in The Volokh Conspiracy. Some of the GOP contenders could make "better than average presidents," but "I see no one who as yet looks to be a better than average candidate." If this is the best the GOP can muster, "President Obama will be hard to beat."

I think Mitt Romney would be a really good President and candidate. We'll see, I guess. Anyone would be better than the hapless McCain.

Did you know that we are now over $14 trillion dollars in debt? Or that over $10 trillion more has been pledged by the government and the Fed in bailouts or loan guarantees during this economic crisis?

More and more Americans are finding out the truth - and demanding action from Congress.

Now is the time to make sure your Representative and Senators feel the heat to support the Audit the Fed Bill!

Some folks say it is already too late.

I don't believe that; I know Ron Paul doesn't either.

We both believe the American people can work together to rein in the Fed and Congress and avert the disaster.

But if you and I don't act today, I'm afraid this crisis will end with the economic ruin of every man, woman, and child in America.

Campaign for Liberty - Audit the Fed

Support WyGO Secure-Portal

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/?jid=853984&lid=9&rid=79&tid=1104120

Congressman Jim Jordan (OH), Chair of the Republican Study Committee, has offered an amendment to cut an additional $20 billion from the budget in order to achieve the full $100 billion in non-security cuts the Republicans promised in their Pledge to America. The House of Representatives will be considering that amendment today. Please call the House Republicans and ask them to fulfill their promise. Response from the grassroots has already prompted them to increase their cuts from $58 billion to $81 billion, and with your calls we can get to $100 billion.

Also several important pro-life amendments are likely to be offered, including amendments to defund Planned Parenthood, to reinstate the Mexico City Policy, which prohibits taxpayer dollars from funding abortion overseas, to eliminate funding for international population control programs, and to reinstate conscience protection for pro-life medical personnel.

Call today and urge your Congressman to vote for the Republican Study Committee Amendment and for all pro-life Amendments!

Capital Switchboard 202-224-3121

Take Action - Tell House Republicans to fulfill their promise to cut $100 billion from the budget.

Last edited:
Because they know they can't win. They have no chance. People are already fighting Right Wing Extremism in Wisconsin and they have only been in power for a month. They have absolutely no chance in November 2012.

I love how spending within our means is extremism.

Spending within our means is impossible without tax increases. The current crop of Republicans are basing their entire posture on the religion of tax cuts. So yes, if they intend to give us anything close to a balanced budget without tax increases, they're not going to be able to do superficial shit. They're going to have to cut into the meat and some cases the bone, of military spending, social security, medicare, medicaid. Yes, that brand of 'Reform' is extremism. Saying people who paid into SS and Medicare their whole lives should sacrifice services to finance your right to pay lower taxes than they ever did? That's extremism and narcissism.

Speaking of extremism, it was extremely foolish to create a program where you paid into it now and received it back 50 years later. We can't predict what will happen in 2 years, let alone 50 years. In this way, social security was an "extreme" program to begin with. In contrast, seeing the need to modify such a program is very reasonable.

Let's make a smaller, more efficient program that pays to people who really need it, not to everyone including millionaires.

Forum List

Back