• 3-4

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Daily

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Couple times per month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're dumb enough to think I did them all at once?

Lol.
Doesn't matter.

You didn't have the proper foundation of muscular strength, your ligaments and tendons were most likely stiff and weak and you didn;t allow any rest days to allow your body to adjust.

Not a bad idea, I actually have a pull up bar that I was going to mount in the garage this past summer and never did, might do it now.
My son built us a weight rack with a pull up bar. I use the bar more than the weights. Truth be told I do mostly "cheaters" I go half way or 2/3rds mostly. I can only do a few full pull-ups.

That has amazing health benefits most people overlook.
My grandfather worked for the Post Office for 30 years and walked untold fathoms of miles. He died at 90 and never had any notable health problems. He died when I was 34 and I never once knew him to be hospitalized or even go to doctors much in all that time. As a boy he got stabbed in a fight and was laid up for a year due to blood poisoning from the knife.

You're dumb enough to think I did them all at once?

Lol.
As a Tae Kwon Do student in the 80's I could do nearly 400 sit-ups in a session. Pushups though? Probably only around 30 or 40 at best. I was pretty thin but not scrawny. I was 165 when I graduated High School. Later while working in a construction job I ate alot of he-man breakfasts and lunches and was just about 200lbs at one point. I reverted back into the meat business where I still am today in my 50's. This work is really hard on your ligaments, joints, tendons, etc....especially since we work in 52F on a hard floor all day along and it's more like 34F in our cooler. We've had many people come and go. Many of them comment how "you guys really deal with some rough work. It's very hard on the body!"

In spite of the "exercise" get at work, my body is getting really stiff and sore these days. I've already had several cortisone shots in some joints. At this point in my life I think something like Pilates or Tai Chi would be good for me, and in fact I practice similar moves at home just to stretch out after work. If I didn't I'd hardly be able to do much. 😕

As a Tae Kwon Do student in the 80's I could do nearly 400 sit-ups in a session. Pushups though? Probably only around 30 or 40 at best. I was pretty thin but not scrawny. I was 165 when I graduated High School. Later while working in a construction job I ate alot of he-man breakfasts and lunches and was just about 200lbs at one point. I reverted back into the meat business where I still am today in my 50's. This work is really hard on your ligaments, joints, tendons, etc....especially since we work in 52F on a hard floor all day along and it's more like 34F in our cooler. We've had many people come and go. Many of them comment how "you guys really deal with some rough work. It's very hard on the body!"

In spite of the "exercise" get at work, my body is getting really stiff and sore these days. I've already had several cortisone shots in some joints. At this point in my life I think something like Pilates or Tai Chi would be good for me, and in fact I practice similar moves at home just to stretch out after work. If I didn't I'd hardly be able to do much. 😕
I don't think one can stress how important flexibility is as you age, it is as important as strength training. You get stiff and your muscles get stiff, they may be getting plenty of strength training just going to work every day, but they often don't get stretched out, leading to soreness that can inhibit daily activities or your workout routine.

Forum List

Back