How Obama Makes Decisions

"Alternatively, the president might consider rearranging his work schedule."
"

An answer of sorts comes in an article by Sean Blanda on "How Barack Obama Gets Things Done" on the 99U website. The president, Mr. Blanda reports, wakes up at seven o'clock. He works out 45 minutes a day every day, not including his regular basketball games. He watches a lot of "SportsCenter." Dinner each night with his family. To limit "decision fatigue," he likes to set policy via memos where he can check the box on "agree," "disagree," or "let's discuss.""

He uses that paragraph to make the claim he is inattentive.
So he is inattentive because he works out, watches Sports Center, and has dinner with his family?
Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

OK. As I thought, you are unable to read a paragraph and draw reasonable conclusions from it. Because your intelligence is low. Let's go through it:
The question was posed as a result of the revelation that Obama never met with Sibelius and didnt know the website roll out had problems. Stephens asks: How could this happen?
He gives one throwaway answer about jeans.
But then he says maybe Obama should rearrange his work schedule. Stephens outlines his work schedule:
He gets up at 7AM. He works out for 45 minutes, presumably NOT with his family. That is apart from his basketball game, presumably NOT with his family. He watches a lot of Sports Center, presumably NOT with his family. He has dinner, yes with his family.
So out of 4 things Obama spends time on that do not involve executive duties, three of them have nothing to do with his family.
Further we get the information that a lot of policy choices Obama makes come by checking boxes on memos to him.
So Stephens did not criticize Obama for spending time with his family. That is simply an error on your part.
He did criticize him for A cavalier foreign policy by an inattentive president that elicits the contempt of the people it intends to punish ultimately encourages their aggression as well.

So we see that you cannot read a simple paragraph and draw reasonable conclusions. You saw the phrase "dinner with his family" and jumped to "Stephens is critizing Obama for spending time with his family." Note that having dinner with the family is not identical to spending time with his family. Nor does Stephens critize Obama even for having dinner.
Thanks for clearing up that you are indeed a lo-lo. Here's your sign.

The incomparable Brett Stephens writing this morning in the WSJ. Among other shockers: Obama often decides policy by marking __Yes __No __Discuss Later on memos. Also he was able to meet with the head of the IRS multiple times, someone who does not report directly to him, but was unable to meet with Sec Sibelius to review progress on Obamacare for 3 years. And she reports directly to him.

Bret Stephens: How Obama 'Gets Things Done' - WSJ.com

In the meantime, Mr. Obama is imposing the sanctions he had previously threatened on Russia in the event Mr. Putin went ahead with his Black Sea conquests. "These are by far the most comprehensive sanctions applied to Russia since the end of the Cold War—far and away so," crowed one administration official to reporters.

By which the White House means a total of seven Russians and four Ukrainians. The sanctions were so light that one of the intended targets, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, instantly spat back his contempt in a tweet: "Comrade Obama, what should those who have neither accounts nor property abroad do? Or maybe you didn't think of that?"

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't: Even now the unanswered question about Mr. Obama's personality is whether his insouciance is a mask for ideology, ignorance, or simple indifference. When the president goes before the cameras to announce tough sanctions, and the sanctions are not only not tough but laughably weak, what's going through his head?

Should he be wearing loose jeans more often so he can feel less confined geopolitically?

Alternatively, the president might consider rearranging his work schedule. Last year came the news that Mr. Obama was unaware of the problems plaguing his health-care website until after its rollout and that he never once had a private meeting with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius between July 2010 and November 2013. How does something like that happen?

An answer of sorts comes in an article by Sean Blanda on "How Barack Obama Gets Things Done" on the 99U website. The president, Mr. Blanda reports, wakes up at seven o'clock. He works out 45 minutes a day every day, not including his regular basketball games. He watches a lot of "SportsCenter." Dinner each night with his family. To limit "decision fatigue," he likes to set policy via memos where he can check the box on "agree," "disagree," or "let's discuss."

What do I take away from all this?

The obvious: A cavalier foreign policy by an inattentive president that elicits the contempt of the people it intends to punish ultimately encourages their aggression as well.
More at the source.

So the journalist is mad a man stays healthy and spends time with his family?
I just ignored any other viewpoints he might have had. What a moron.

What? A major event that has tensions soaring occurs and you make excuses for his ducking responsibility on being a family man?

Do you ever think that there might be a time when your family might not suffer if you take a little time away from them to solve a world crisis, or do you just normally speak out of your ass?

"

An answer of sorts comes in an article by Sean Blanda on "How Barack Obama Gets Things Done" on the 99U website. The president, Mr. Blanda reports, wakes up at seven o'clock. He works out 45 minutes a day every day, not including his regular basketball games. He watches a lot of "SportsCenter." Dinner each night with his family. To limit "decision fatigue," he likes to set policy via memos where he can check the box on "agree," "disagree," or "let's discuss.""

He uses that paragraph to make the claim he is inattentive.

So he is inattentive because he works out, watches Sports Center, and has dinner with his family?

OK. As I thought, you are unable to read a paragraph and draw reasonable conclusions from it. Because your intelligence is low. Let's go through it:

The question was posed as a result of the revelation that Obama never met with Sibelius and didnt know the website roll out had problems. Stephens asks: How could this happen?

He gives one throwaway answer about jeans.

But then he says maybe Obama should rearrange his work schedule. Stephens outlines his work schedule:

He gets up at 7AM. He works out for 45 minutes, presumably NOT with his family. That is apart from his basketball game, presumably NOT with his family. He watches a lot of Sports Center, presumably NOT with his family. He has dinner, yes with his family.

So out of 4 things Obama spends time on that do not involve executive duties, three of them have nothing to do with his family.

Further we get the information that a lot of policy choices Obama makes come by checking boxes on memos to him.

So Stephens did not criticize Obama for spending time with his family. That is simply an error on your part.

He did criticize him for A cavalier foreign policy by an inattentive president that elicits the contempt of the people it intends to punish ultimately encourages their aggression as well.

So we see that you cannot read a simple paragraph and draw reasonable conclusions. You saw the phrase "dinner with his family" and jumped to "Stephens is critizing Obama for spending time with his family." Note that having dinner with the family is not identical to spending time with his family. Nor does Stephens critize Obama even for having dinner.

Thanks for clearing up that you are indeed a lo-lo. Here's your sign.

"Alternatively, the president might consider rearranging his work schedule. Last year came the news that Mr. Obama was unaware of the problems plaguing his health-care website until after its rollout and that he never once had a private meeting with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius between July 2010 and November 2013. How does something like that happen?
An answer of sorts comes in an article by Sean Blanda on "How Barack Obama Gets Things Done" on the 99U website. The president, Mr. Blanda reports, wakes up at seven o'clock. He works out 45 minutes a day every day, not including his regular basketball games. He watches a lot of "SportsCenter." Dinner each night with his family. To limit "decision fatigue," he likes to set policy via memos where he can check the box on "agree," "disagree," or "let's discuss."
What do I take away from all this?
The obvious: A cavalier foreign policy by an inattentive president that elicits the contempt of the people it intends to punish ultimately encourages their aggression as well."

The fact you didn't get his point in those three paragraphs isn't my problem.
First he sites Obama not knowing the problems with ACA, then he asks, " how does something like that happen?"
Which is responds with, " an answer of sorts" and then he posts an article about his schedule which includes the bit about his family. Then he explain what he took from the article. That Obama has a cavalier foreign policy because he is inattentive.
If he wasn't trying to make his point with that article, why post it? Why include it all in his opinion piece?

Your answer is in that statement, right there.
If he didn't have a problem with his schedule why quote that paragraph to back up his statement.
You might want to keep that sign, trash.

If he didn't have a problem with his schedule why quote that paragraph to back up his statement.

That's the schedule in which 3 of the 4 things cited have nothing to do with his family?

You really are one stupid moron. I've proved it to everyone here. Even you. That's why youv'e posted twice about it, repeating the same thing.

That's the schedule in which 3 of the 4 things cited have nothing to do with his family?

You really are one stupid moron. I've proved it to everyone here. Even you. That's why youv'e posted twice about it, repeating the same thing.

Yet one did. Your point? While the other three were also moronic to bring up.

Yet one did. Your point? While the other three were also moronic to bring up.

My point? You're kidding, right? You howled that Stephens was criticising the president for spendng time with his family. He did no such thing. He didnt even criticize him for playing basketball every day. He did criticize him for
A cavalier foreign policy by an inattentive president that elicits the contempt of the people it intends to punish ultimately encourages their aggression as well.

Now you're going to try to cover your tracks, claiming either you never wrote that, you didnt mean that, I misread what you clearly wrote, or it's just an opinion piece.
Let's see you do it. Let's just see how stupid and desperate you really are.

Well you're right on the first part. Liberals have been wrong on every policy issue for 40 years. They were wrong on the Vietnam War, they were wrong on the COld War, they were wrong on Iran--I could not catalogue all the failures of liberalism foreign and domestic here.
But they continue on like someone else must have said that crap. And they get no penalty for being so terribly wrong.
But on the second part you are, of course, wrong. Reality is Obama is the worst president ever. And I include Hosni Mubarack. His policies are atrocious and will lead to real negative consequences for this country, as we've already seen domestically.

Gee somehow during 30 years of GOP Rule from 1968 to 2008 no mistakes were made? Again reality is a foreign country to you guys.

30 years??

And if in that time period any mistakes were made, they were made by the presidents who were elected in 1976 and 1992.

Sad little moron, you are.

The incomparable Brett Stephens writing this morning in the WSJ. Among other shockers: Obama often decides policy by marking __Yes __No __Discuss Later on memos. Also he was able to meet with the head of the IRS multiple times, someone who does not report directly to him, but was unable to meet with Sec Sibelius to review progress on Obamacare for 3 years. And she reports directly to him.

Geez, you can't even go two full sentences without lying! That lie has been thoroughly debunked over and over again, and here you are still parroting it like a mindless drone.

Bush's IRS appointee met with Obama ONLY ONCE on 10/21/09.

truth is not a priority of his.

Another fake Jew lo-lo chimes in. Honey, stick with cookies. Or mops. Or something you're good at.
Here's a story from the Atlantic, debunking the 157 times. Even so he clearly met at least 11 times with Obama. With Sibelius? None. Nada.
The Fake Story About the IRS Commissioner and the White House - Garance Franke-Ruta - The Atlantic
This is why it is so easy for the GOP to deceive the Right, they are too lazy to research anything for themselves. On top of that they can't understand plain English. Your own link says Shulman "SIGNED IN"11 times, it does not say he met with Obama all eleven times!!!!!

From your link:

"White House records show Douglas Shulman signed in for 11 visits, not 157, between 2009 and 2012."

Now your link has a screen shot of the 11 sign-ins by Shulman which they arranged by time of sign in. But if you go to the website the search was done on, link below, and click on the magnifying glass icon on the left which lowers the search field and enter Douglas Shulman and then hit "return," you can arrange the list by any of the categories across the top. Slide the scroll bar at the bottom after the search is complete until you see "visitee last name" at the top. Then click on it and it will arange Shulman's visits by who he visited. Look for "POTUS" (President Of The United States) and you will have the number of times he met with President Obama.

You can do the same with Kathleen Sebelius, if you are brave.

https://explore.data.gov/w/644b-gaut/rtnh-9ym3?cur=uFPqEOiMBxr&from=root&no_cookie=true#search

Last edited:
Typical BS response from a useless POS human being.

Both parties are primarily interested in enriching and empowering themselves, to the detriment of the American people. They are very good at dividing us over silly issues so that we fight amongst ourselves, while they continue to fleece us and expand their power....but also to prevent us from recognizing that they are the problem.

Big statist government never works for the majority of the people, but it sure benefits pols and the government bureaucracy.

The overarching paradigm for both parties is to maintain the binary system of government where you are limited to two choices and often times a distinction with no real difference. I guess it's a question of maturity that some of us can see it and others talk about dildos. Both parties are complicit in our current situation.

it is not up to the "parties" to satisfy people who think they're both the same.

go start another party

truth is not a priority of his.

Another fake Jew lo-lo chimes in. Honey, stick with cookies. Or mops. Or something you're good at.
Here's a story from the Atlantic, debunking the 157 times. Even so he clearly met at least 11 times with Obama. With Sibelius? None. Nada.
The Fake Story About the IRS Commissioner and the White House - Garance Franke-Ruta - The Atlantic
This is why it is so easy for the GOP to deceive the Right, they are too lazy to research anything for themselves. On top of that they can't understand plain English. Your own link says Shulman "SIGNED IN"11 times, it does not say he met with Obama all eleven times!!!!!

From your link:

"White House records show Douglas Shulman signed in for 11 visits, not 157, between 2009 and 2012."

Now your link has a screen shot of the 11 sign-ins by Shulman which they arranged by time of sign in. But if you go to the website the search was done on, link below, and click on the magnifying glass icon on the left which lowers the search field and enter Douglas Shulman and then hit "return," you can arrange the list by any of the categories across the top. Slide the scroll bar at the bottom after the search is complete until you see "visitee last name" at the top. Then click on it and it will arange Shulman's visits by who he visited. Look for "POTUS" (President Of The United States) and you will have the number of times he met with President Obama.

https://explore.data.gov/w/644b-gaut/rtnh-9ym3?cur=uFPqEOiMBxr&from=root&no_cookie=true#search

lol liberals are such lying losers

he got cleared to visit the White House 157 times;

and you morons expect us to believe that on 146 occasions something came up and he couldnt make it.

morons.; i read the article you linked; and that is the implied excuse for the difference

idiots and hypocrites

from the article LWNJ cited:

As someone who has, myself, been to the White House on a few occasions, I am keenly aware that nobody without a permanent entrance pass (given to those who have their office in the complex) gets in the door of the White House or the Executive Office Building unless specifically cleared for entry on a particular date and time by the Secret Service. Indeed, on one occasion, I had been cleared by the Secret Service to attend an event but, at the last minute, I had to pass on the White House visit when something came up. Yet, using the list relied upon by The Daily Caller, my skipped visit would be counted as an additional visit on my part if someone were counting.

From your link:

and you morons expect us to believe that on 146 occasions something came up and he couldnt make it.

morons.; i read the article you linked; and that is the implied excuse for the difference

idiots and hypocrites

the link is pretty clear.

stop spewing rightwingnut talking points and read.

from the article LWNJ cited:

As someone who has, myself, been to the White House on a few occasions, I am keenly aware that nobody without a permanent entrance pass (given to those who have their office in the complex) gets in the door of the White House or the Executive Office Building unless specifically cleared for entry on a particular date and time by the Secret Service. Indeed, on one occasion, I had been cleared by the Secret Service to attend an event but, at the last minute, I had to pass on the White House visit when something came up. Yet, using the list relied upon by The Daily Caller, my skipped visit would be counted as an additional visit on my part if someone were counting.

so he wanted to visit 157 times; but 146 times something came up

lol

From your link:

idiots and hypocrites

the link is pretty clear.

stop spewing rightwingnut talking points and read.

yes loser; the link is clear; it implies 146 times something came up and he couldnt make it; but it still got counted

ur a joke

this is also from the article left-wing losers are citing; click on the link the leftard posted:

What’s more, Franke-Ruta’s research reveals that the records tracking the time and date that a visitor signs in and out of a White House event suggests that Mr. Shulman signed in for just 11 events during the years 2009 through 2012 and signed out of 6 events during that same time frame.

Given the discrepancy between the ‘sign in’ and ‘sign out’ records noted above, it is certainly possible that Franke-Ruta may have actually been at the White House on additional occasions.

idiots and hypocrites

this is also from the article left-wing losers are citing; click on the link the leftard posted:

What’s more, Franke-Ruta’s research reveals that the records tracking the time and date that a visitor signs in and out of a White House event suggests that Mr. Shulman signed in for just 11 events during the years 2009 through 2012 and signed out of 6 events during that same time frame.

Given the discrepancy between the ‘sign in’ and ‘sign out’ records noted above, it is certainly possible that Franke-Ruta may have actually been at the White House on additional occasions.

idiots and hypocrites

but it goes on to cry that it isnnt possible that the number is close to 157; without offering an explanation

idiots and hypocrites

Hee should have stared in to Putins eyes and saw his soul.

Everyone knows that was a ridiculous statement by Bush, but no more naive than Obama thinking if he plays nice with Putin, Putin will respond in kind.

The "RESET" button thing with Hillary in Russia was the most ridiculous thing a U.S. Administration has done since Jimmy Carter and the sweater thing. I was totally embarrassed for my Country, still am.

Last edited:

idiots and hypocrites

but it goes on to cry that it isnnt possible that the number is close to 157; without offering an explanation

idiots and hypocrites
Whatever the number, he met with Shulman, who does nto report directly to him, more times than Sibelius, who does. And Editec has been unmasked, yet again, for the bothersome troll he is.

Forum List

Back