How Obama Makes Decisions

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
The incomparable Brett Stephens writing this morning in the WSJ. Among other shockers: Obama often decides policy by marking __Yes __No __Discuss Later on memos. Also he was able to meet with the head of the IRS multiple times, someone who does not report directly to him, but was unable to meet with Sec Sibelius to review progress on Obamacare for 3 years. And she reports directly to him.
Bret Stephens: How Obama 'Gets Things Done' - WSJ.com

In the meantime, Mr. Obama is imposing the sanctions he had previously threatened on Russia in the event Mr. Putin went ahead with his Black Sea conquests. "These are by far the most comprehensive sanctions applied to Russia since the end of the Cold War—far and away so," crowed one administration official to reporters.

By which the White House means a total of seven Russians and four Ukrainians. The sanctions were so light that one of the intended targets, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, instantly spat back his contempt in a tweet: "Comrade Obama, what should those who have neither accounts nor property abroad do? Or maybe you didn't think of that?"

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't: Even now the unanswered question about Mr. Obama's personality is whether his insouciance is a mask for ideology, ignorance, or simple indifference. When the president goes before the cameras to announce tough sanctions, and the sanctions are not only not tough but laughably weak, what's going through his head?

Should he be wearing loose jeans more often so he can feel less confined geopolitically?

Alternatively, the president might consider rearranging his work schedule. Last year came the news that Mr. Obama was unaware of the problems plaguing his health-care website until after its rollout and that he never once had a private meeting with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius between July 2010 and November 2013. How does something like that happen?

An answer of sorts comes in an article by Sean Blanda on "How Barack Obama Gets Things Done" on the 99U website. The president, Mr. Blanda reports, wakes up at seven o'clock. He works out 45 minutes a day every day, not including his regular basketball games. He watches a lot of "SportsCenter." Dinner each night with his family. To limit "decision fatigue," he likes to set policy via memos where he can check the box on "agree," "disagree," or "let's discuss."

What do I take away from all this?

The obvious: A cavalier foreign policy by an inattentive president that elicits the contempt of the people it intends to punish ultimately encourages their aggression as well.
More at the source.

What we need to know is that the night before the vote in Crimea, the national security team met. It was such an important meeting that John Kerry flew back to Washington to be there. obama skipped that meeting. Susan Rice gave him a briefing the next day.

The Russians know how to be subtle when necessary and twist the little knife as they did in calling obama "comrade" and not "president". The meaning is clear to those paying attention. They don't feel that he has authority. He isn't a national leader. He's a peon.

The rest of the world makes fun of him. When will liberals here realize he is nothing but a joke, an empty suit, a clown, a bit ibid?

The rest of the world makes fun of him. When will liberals here realize he is nothing but a joke, an empty suit, a clown, a bit ibid?

And the follow-up question to that: When will those who recognized Obama for what he was long before his election the first time, be properly recognized, vindicated and appreciated?

And the follow-up question to that: When will those who recognized Obama for what he was long before his election the first time, be properly recognized, vindicated and appreciated?

Never...reality is not on your side.

Never.

The incomparable Brett Stephens writing this morning in the WSJ. Among other shockers: Obama often decides policy by marking __Yes __No __Discuss Later on memos. Also he was able to meet with the head of the IRS multiple times, someone who does not report directly to him, but was unable to meet with Sec Sibelius to review progress on Obamacare for 3 years. And she reports directly to him.

Bret Stephens: How Obama 'Gets Things Done' - WSJ.com

In the meantime, Mr. Obama is imposing the sanctions he had previously threatened on Russia in the event Mr. Putin went ahead with his Black Sea conquests. "These are by far the most comprehensive sanctions applied to Russia since the end of the Cold War—far and away so," crowed one administration official to reporters.

By which the White House means a total of seven Russians and four Ukrainians. The sanctions were so light that one of the intended targets, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, instantly spat back his contempt in a tweet: "Comrade Obama, what should those who have neither accounts nor property abroad do? Or maybe you didn't think of that?"

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't: Even now the unanswered question about Mr. Obama's personality is whether his insouciance is a mask for ideology, ignorance, or simple indifference. When the president goes before the cameras to announce tough sanctions, and the sanctions are not only not tough but laughably weak, what's going through his head?

Should he be wearing loose jeans more often so he can feel less confined geopolitically?

Alternatively, the president might consider rearranging his work schedule. Last year came the news that Mr. Obama was unaware of the problems plaguing his health-care website until after its rollout and that he never once had a private meeting with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius between July 2010 and November 2013. How does something like that happen?

An answer of sorts comes in an article by Sean Blanda on "How Barack Obama Gets Things Done" on the 99U website. The president, Mr. Blanda reports, wakes up at seven o'clock. He works out 45 minutes a day every day, not including his regular basketball games. He watches a lot of "SportsCenter." Dinner each night with his family. To limit "decision fatigue," he likes to set policy via memos where he can check the box on "agree," "disagree," or "let's discuss."

What do I take away from all this?

The obvious: A cavalier foreign policy by an inattentive president that elicits the contempt of the people it intends to punish ultimately encourages their aggression as well.

More at the source.

So the journalist is mad a man stays healthy and spends time with his family?
I just ignored any other viewpoints he might have had. What a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

When the president goes before the cameras to announce tough sanctions, and the sanctions are not only not tough but laughably weak, what's going through his head?

What's going through his head?

"I don't care what you think
As long as it's about me"

In a nutshell.

Has he had a shoe thrown at him?
And I should think this because in the OP the moron didn't like him being a family man? Right wingers are clueless.

Never...reality is not on your side.

Well you're right on the first part. Liberals have been wrong on every policy issue for 40 years. They were wrong on the Vietnam War, they were wrong on the COld War, they were wrong on Iran--I could not catalogue all the failures of liberalism foreign and domestic here.
But they continue on like someone else must have said that crap. And they get no penalty for being so terribly wrong.
But on the second part you are, of course, wrong. Reality is Obama is the worst president ever. And I include Hosni Mubarack. His policies are atrocious and will lead to real negative consequences for this country, as we've already seen domestically.

How Obama Makes Decisions

coin-flip.jpg

Heads it's sanctions, tails it's "If you like the Ukraine, you can keep it. Period"

And I should think this because in the OP the moron didn't like him being a family man? Right wingers are clueless.

Your lack of reading skills combined with your low intelligence and low information makes you the perfect Obama drone.

Your lack of reading skills combined with your low intelligence and low information makes you the perfect Obama drone.

I didn't post the OP. The fact you did proves you probably loved Bush. Did you bow to him?
Low information? :lol: sorry that is hilarious after that OP. Love it.

I didn't post the OP. The fact you did proves you probably loved Bush. Did you bow to him?

s.
So the fact that I posted an opinion piece critical of Obama proves I loved Bush and bowed to him?? And you don't think your reading and analytic skills just suck donkey dick? Again, you are unable to see beyond dichotomies. This marks you as having inferior intelligence.

That is because you are brainless and cannot think beyond dichotomies. I would say that makes you the moron here.

I will explain it to you...
If they are going to make comments like that, the rest of the article is probably biased, not based in reality, maybe even completely made up, and completely far fetched.
Actual journalist do not comment on a man's family life. Of course you are too stupid to realize that.

I will explain it to you...
If they are going to make comments like that, the rest of the article is probably biased, not based in reality, maybe even completely made up, and completely far fetched.
Actual journalist do not comment on a man's family life. Of course you are too stupid to realize that.

Journalists dont comment on a man's family life?

could have sworn i've seen several pieces on obama's family life

and you have the gall to call others stupid?

s.

So the fact that I posted an opinion piece critical of Obama proves I loved Bush and bowed to him?? And you don't think your reading and analytic skills just suck donkey dick? Again, you are unable to see beyond dichotomies. This marks you as having inferior intelligence.

FYI you didn't use that word properly in a sentence. So I wouldnt comment on my reading skills. ;) Don't use 5 dollar words if you have no idea how to use them.
And if you posted such a moronic article you have to love Bush. You probably won't admit it now, but you did.

Forum List

Back