how much will you spend for the holidays?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay christmas is not the big holiday here...we do the winter solstice and its more food and things....normally one gift a person type thing....we have never gone over a few hundred but in all fairness we only have one child. of course others in the family do christmas...so we have that....so my question ...how much you gonna throw down this holiday and how does it compare to last year?

or more importantly the year before...before the economy tanked?

'

interesting article:

Consumers are changing, but are retailers? - Holiday retail- msnbc.com

I always spend around $2000 on everyone. ~ $500 per person. This hasn't changed in about 5 years. I get other smaller gifts for people who I deal with throughout the year.

I'm a giver, I never know what I want people to get me. They always ask and I say use your best judgement. I never take anything back. I wear it or display it even if I hate it. :)

Crazy, I know.

okay christmas is not the big holiday here...we do the winter solstice and its more food and things....normally one gift a person type thing....we have never gone over a few hundred but in all fairness we only have one child. of course others in the family do christmas...so we have that....so my question ...how much you gonna throw down this holiday and how does it compare to last year?

We're doing about the same as always, maybe a little more, with a gift to ourselves; a, perhaps, final trip to Florida for two weeks at Christmastime. We believe that with real doubts about the future, at our age we should create one last set of fond memories. For the kids, we're giving things they really do need, not notions, so we'll spend more this year than previously.

Forum List

Back