How Much Should Americans Be Taxed To Reduce The Effects Of Summer & Winter?

If unchecked, the global temperature will climb a great deal more than 1 degree in the next century. Depending on how effective humans are at reducing GHG emissions, the increase could range from 3/4ths of a centigrade degree to almost 4 centigrade degrees. Responding effectively to this problem will require global action but fortunately, the energy and transportation sectors are moving rapidly on their own. I have my doubts change will happen rapidly enough to save us from some really unpleasant effects, but at least we're moving in the right direction.
More of those predictions that never come to pass. Give up your own shit to the climate gods and their elitist high priests I'll keep my stuff.

My monthly bill in the winter is around $15.00. In the summer, it's around $35.00.

Now, how much money taken from my check will it take to make summer cooler? Try to focus.
Sure, post where you live since apparently it's in another world.

More of those predictions that never come to pass. Give up your own shit to the climate gods and their elitist high priests I'll keep my stuff.

None of the couple of people in offered article were climate scientists.

Why is that?

Americans are already taxed on the effects of summer & winter. They're called power bills and every individual here pays them.
They would pay less if they upgraded their insulation, and possibly the furnace and water heater. Once they realize saving there, they can address vehicle gas mileage. I get 2 mpg more by selective coasting.

Last edited:
Sure, post where you live since apparently it's in another world.
Southern Utah. It's been over 100 degrees for several days in a row. Just like it was last year and the year before and the year before.

I was just asking myself how high taxes should be exacted on the working class as a means to fix heat in summer and cold in winter. Have any experts out there done the math? If our taxes are raised by 50% will summer get cooler and winter get warmer? And using that logic, wouldn't we return to Eden-like conditions if we're taxed 100%? Life should be just about perfect when we no longer have any money! Right?

I'm just curious to know who tax hikes will fix all of this scary "climate change" and stuff.
Renewable energy now approaches roughly 25% of U.S. energy production at a tremendous cost of tax payer dollars that has to subsidize all of it. Americans are required to utilize energy saving light bulbs, appliances, technology because that is all that is available to most. Americans are recycling at the greatest level of any time in the History of our country, at least in the last 125 years. (Before that, recycling was using things until they couldn't be used any more, but that's another story.)

How much has all that reduced that .04% of CO2 that is in our atmosphere? It has not reduced it by any measurable amount that anybody is talking about. The CO2 just keeps increasing.

Meanwhile green energy companies rake in billions of U.S. subsidies while the scientists, media people, government people etc. pushing all the climate hysteria are living their lives as if there is no problem whatsoever.

Maybe that's why people capable of critical thinking and are not totally brainwashed into group think aren't finding all that very scary?

Renewable energy now approaches roughly 25% of U.S. energy production at a tremendous cost of tax payer dollars that has to subsidize all of it. Americans are required to utilize energy saving light bulbs, appliances, technology because that is all that is available to most. Americans are recycling at the greatest level of any time in the History of our country, at least in the last 125 years. (Before that, recycling was using things until they couldn't be used any more, but that's another story.)

How much has all that reduced that .04% of CO2 that is in our atmosphere? It has not reduced it by any measurable amount that anybody is talking about. The CO2 just keeps increasing.

Meanwhile green energy companies rake in billions of U.S. subsidies while the scientists, media people, government people etc. pushing all the climate hysteria are living their lives as if there is no problem whatsoever.

Maybe that's why people capable of critical thinking and are not totally brainwashed into group think aren't finding all that very scary?
Yup. Nobody has stopped to think about whether the earth is simply going through a natural cycle. I've seen "emissions reducing" measures taking place for most of my 63 years on earth and yet a certain segment of fearmongering Americans are still crouched in their corners biting their nails claiming that it isn't enough. We much do more. Gate's solution is to kill off a good portion of the global population. Greta's answer is that we should swim across the Atlantic rather than taking a ship (except in her case). John Kerry says we shouldn't fly (as he takes private jets just about everywhere he goes). Biden thinks we need to get rid of our cooling utensils.

And all the while, the earth and sun are simply doing what they do.

I was just asking myself how high taxes should be exacted on the working class as a means to fix heat in summer and cold in winter. Have any experts out there done the math? If our taxes are raised by 50% will summer get cooler and winter get warmer? And using that logic, wouldn't we return to Eden-like conditions if we're taxed 100%? Life should be just about perfect when we no longer have any money! Right?

I'm just curious to know who tax hikes will fix all of this scary "climate change" and stuff.
If people are unable or unwilling to act responsibly the government will be forced to impose high-cost, inefficient (or ineffective) solutions to our problems (that's how government works).

Yup. Nobody has stopped to think about whether the earth is simply going through a natural cycle. I've seen "emissions reducing" measures taking place for most of my 63 years on earth and yet a certain segment of fearmongering Americans are still crouched in their corners biting their nails claiming that it isn't enough. We much do more. Gate's solution is to kill off a good portion of the global population. Greta's answer is that we should swim across the Atlantic rather than taking a ship (except in her case). John Kerry says we shouldn't fly (as he takes private jets just about everywhere he goes). Biden thinks we need to get rid of our cooling utensils.

And all the while, the earth and sun are simply doing what they do.
God instructed us to control the earth. I assume He also meant the climate if it's harming the earth.

Forum List

Back