How much of your paycheck do you want the US to spend on Israeli defense?

I see a lot of people on here wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel.

So that leads me to ask, what percentage or how much do you WANT taken out of your check to pay for their country's defense?
You might also ask how many Americans responsible for sending $7 million/day to the Jewish state understand the religious and cultural discrimination their tax dollars support.

"While US (corporate) media almost never report this, the fact is that their religions (Islam and Christianity) are routinely disparaged, their economic situation is far inferior, their children are taught in school that Jewish culture is superior to all others, and periodically there are outright attacks on their institutions and texts -- in 1980 hundreds of copies of the New Testament were publicly and ceremonially burnt in Jerusalem under the auspices of a Jewish organization subsidized by the Israeli Ministry of Religions.

"Today, thousands of Muslims and Christians under Israeli occupation are prevented from worshiping in their holiest churches and mosques."

What Our Taxes...

I see a lot of people on here wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel.

So that leads me to ask, what percentage or how much do you WANT taken out of your check to pay for their country's defense?
You might also ask how many Americans responsible for sending $7 million/day to the Jewish state understand the religious and cultural discrimination their tax dollars support.

"While US (corporate) media almost never report this, the fact is that their religions (Islam and Christianity) are routinely disparaged, their economic situation is far inferior, their children are taught in school that Jewish culture is superior to all others, and periodically there are outright attacks on their institutions and texts -- in 1980 hundreds of copies of the New Testament were publicly and ceremonially burnt in Jerusalem under the auspices of a Jewish organization subsidized by the Israeli Ministry of Religions.

"Today, thousands of Muslims and Christians under Israeli occupation are prevented from worshiping in their holiest churches and mosques."

What Our Taxes...

Imagine that.. A jew hating thread pops up and here comes George. Gee, what a surprise..

Now me not wanting us taxpayer dollars to go to Israel=me wanting Israel to just go away.

So what WOULD you do, if you had the power?

Would you carve up Israel to give a percentage to the Arabs? Would you demand that the wall be torn down so that Arabs could travel freely between Gaza and the West Bank? Would you demand that Israel provide food and water shipments to Gaza?

Seriously, what would your demands be if you could decide the fate of Israel and the Arabs in Palestine?

Just so you know, with 300 plus Million people. The 3 Billion a year we send to Israel amounts to 10 Bucks a year per person!

OH my how will we ever get by.

I find it so funny when Libs get all up in arms about aid we send to Israel, when their party spends 3 Billion dollars every couple days like it is nothing. We spent almost over 3 Trillion last year alone. 1.5 Trillion over what we took in, and all you libs can do is cry about a tiny % of it sent to Israel.

Get back to me when you are ready to be serious, stop focusing on 3 Billion dollars to Israel, and start talking about ending the MASSIVE deficit spending your party, and president has helped grow into a monster ready to consume us all.

I mean for real, your Fake rage about this is laughable. Your party hands out Billions to reward unions and it's supporters like Nothing, and you are worked up about about this 3 billion.

To fucking funny.

Last edited:
If the Iranian military attacks Israel than by all means they should defend themselves and remove the regime that attacked them.
That's not what I asked you. You brought up the issue of some IDF troopers refusing to obey orders in Israel's current conflicts as an indication that Israel's military prowess might not be all that is magined of it.

I asked you if you think this would be the case if Israel had to fight one of her neighboring states in (another) war she did not start? If so, why?

I didn't look back so I'm not sure if it was u or another poster but one person was advocating for Israel to START a war with Iran. That's 180 degrees different than defending themselves.
It wasn't me. Israel has not, and does not, start wars.

If they were attacked than they most likely wouldn't have as much trouble getting soldiers to follow orders. However I can't be 100% certain because their army was drafted, so people are forced in to the military and maybe they don't want to do anything militarily no matter what.

1956, 1967, 1981, 1982 are at least 4 times in which Israel has attacked completely unprovoked, not sure if the term war fits or not but it's semantics.
:cuckoo::eusa_liar:

Now me not wanting us taxpayer dollars to go to Israel=me wanting Israel to just go away.

Would you carve up Israel to give a percentage to the Arabs? Would you demand that the wall be torn down so that Arabs could travel freely between Gaza and the West Bank? Would you demand that Israel provide food and water shipments to Gaza?

Seriously, what would your demands be if you could decide the fate of Israel and the Arabs in Palestine?

Just so you know, with 300 plus Million people. The 3 Billion a year we send to Israel amounts to 10 Bucks a year per person!

I find it so funny when Libs get all up in arms about aid we send to Israel, when their party spends 3 Billion dollars every couple days like it is nothing.

Also at Israel has been ally with the US. Most of the other countries in the ME that get american aid i.e. Egypt and Turkey are hardly friends of the US.

I find it so funny when Libs get all up in arms about aid we send to Israel, when their party spends 3 Billion dollars every couple days like it is nothing.

No shit.. exactly. Queen Nancy flew all over the world in government aircraft entertaining her moronic friends on the taxpayers dollar and libnuts are worried about 10 bucks a person.

That's not what I asked you. You brought up the issue of some IDF troopers refusing to obey orders in Israel's current conflicts as an indication that Israel's military prowess might not be all that is magined of it.

I asked you if you think this would be the case if Israel had to fight one of her neighboring states in (another) war she did not start? If so, why?

It wasn't me. Israel has not, and does not, start wars.

If they were attacked than they most likely wouldn't have as much trouble getting soldiers to follow orders. However I can't be 100% certain because their army was drafted, so people are forced in to the military and maybe they don't want to do anything militarily no matter what.

1956, 1967, 1981, 1982 are at least 4 times in which Israel has attacked completely unprovoked, not sure if the term war fits or not but it's semantics.
:cuckoo::eusa_liar:

Israel does not have a draft so to speak. What they have is compulsory service. Pretty much everyone serves, and almost everyone is in the reserves. Attack Israel and you will be fighting almost all of her 4 Million people.

The US. Government spends a lot of Taxpayer Cash on things i don't agree with. But i see no reason to single Israel out unless you're a Racist Anti-Semite.

I can give you a few....

1. Poor track record of human rights issues regarding Palestinians
2. State sponsorship of terrorism
3. Liability issues (being cozy with Israel engenders poor relations with several other countries)

You may disagree with how important these issues are, or whether the totality adds up to being important enough to warrant an individual review of what we give to Israel. I'm not interested in getting into that discussion. I'm just pointing out that there are legitimate points that people could make and argue that could justify "singling out" Israel. Antisemitism is not necessary.

And to be honest, it's somewhat racist that every time anyone says anything critical of Israel or US-Israeli relations, the antisemitic card always has to be played. There is no reason why Jewish people should be specially exempt from criticism, or especially deserving of love, admiration, acceptance, etc.

Give me a number, I want a number that would make you look at your paycheck and say "Gee, I'm sure glad I don't have that money to spend on my own free will and that it'll be used to protect a foreign country I like even though they have their own taxes and defense."

10%?

$200 a month?

What is it?

Where is your thread about how much you want to give to the Saudis....to the pals....to the iraquis... To thee UAE...

Should I go on?

In other words, it's only giving money to Jews that bothers you?

Again, why do people always make this assumption? Why is it necessarily about race? Why can't it be about the country, its actions, its beliefs, etc.

Given that ISRAEL ranks 15th in the 2010 Human Development Index (ahead of Finland, Denmark, Belgium, Spain, and Great Britain) and has the strongest military in the region, the question remains as to why it comtinues to be the #1 recipient of US foreign aid.

The fact that Egypt and Jordan rank #2 and #3 respectively imdicates the lengths to which past US Administrations have gone to ensure its in the best financial interests of her immediate neighbors to keep the peace.

Israel receives approcimately $3 billion in US foreign aid annually but when you factor in other areas of government support, the figure is closer to $4.5 billion. Add to that over $2 billion in private funding and the total stands at $6.5 billion. Israel is the only nation where a foreign donation by an American private citizen counts as a US tax deduction!

What does the US get in return?
- the animosity of over a billion Moslems
- America becoming a target of terrorism throughtout the world
- strained relations with the very Mid East nations that control America's oil supplies
- propping up unpopular Arab dictators clinging to power and whose people resent being suppressed by their own leaders - bankrolled by the US
- continued growth of Israeli settlements on the West Bank, against the wishes of successive US Administrations

When you put a price tag on all these issues, that adds up to alot of money that America currently doesn't have!

Last edited:

Again, why do people always make this assumption? Why is it necessarily about race? Why can't it be about the country, its actions, its beliefs, etc.

because in my experience there isn't a lot of complaint about the money being put into every other part of the world. but anti-semites obsessively whine about israel.

are you aware that 75% of what we give israel comes back to us in the form of arms purchases?

i'd say that's a win/win...

because in my experience there isn't a lot of complaint about the money being put into every other part of the world. but anti-semites obsessively whine about israel.

are you aware that 75% of what we give israel comes back to us in the form of arms purchases?

I'll make that deal with you all day. Send me a grand and I'll send you $750 back. win win:rolleyes:

Is it anti-semitic to question where else in the world (other than Israel) can an American private citizen make a financial donation to a foreign country and have it count as a US tax deduction?

Last edited:

Is it anti-semitic to question where else in the world (other than Israel) can an American private citizen make a financial donation to a foreign country and have it count as a US tax deduction?

Of course it is. Better be a compliment about Israel or you are an anti-semite.

Forum List

Back