How much of your paycheck do you want the US to spend on Israeli defense?

Name one thing in this thread that I've said that could even be twisted as being anti-semitic.

The entire thread is typical leftwing Antisemitism. All the hate buttons, US tax dollars going to Israel - SAY, isn't our contribution to Israel a FRACTION of what goes to Germany, Japan or the UK? But you have no problem with defense spending their, just Israel.

Oh and, then we get treated to the "Poor Palestinians" how horrible the dirty Jews - er "Zionists" are to these peaceful and loving souls.

Come on, you don't fool anyone.

Another leftist == another anti-Semite.

I'm doubting Israel would choose to have a war with every middle eastern country around it and a heightened potential of an internal revolution.

You're right though, we should start respecting Israel's independence instead of pretending it's the 51st state of our union.

That's where we'll disagree. I have no doubt that Israel is both ready and willing to take on all comers, militarily. I'm also quite sure they couldn't care any less about the "international community".

In reality the only way for the Middle East to finally settle down will be for Israel to once again kick the ass of all comers and finally drill it into the heads of their enemies that they're not going away. Only then will these other countries begin to normalize relations with Israel.
I think them battering the poor and destitute people of Palestine has given you a false sense of their military prowess.
The 25+ years worth of wars that Israel fought against Egypt, Syria and Jordan, on the other hand, does not.

The United States was defeated by Vietnam because the people of Vietnam were willing to fight with their bare hands until none of them were left.
Only because the US military was politically restrained.
Israel has little aversion to taking off the gloves.

Name one thing in this thread that I've said that could even be twisted as being anti-semitic.

The entire thread is typical leftwing Antisemitism. All the hate buttons, US tax dollars going to Israel - SAY, isn't our contribution to Israel a FRACTION of what goes to Germany, Japan or the UK? But you have no problem with defense spending their, just Israel.

Oh and, then we get treated to the "Poor Palestinians" how horrible the dirty Jews - er "Zionists" are to these peaceful and loving souls.

Come on, you don't fool anyone.

Another leftist == another anti-Semite.

LOL you're just inventing my words and views and praying they're right, allow me to educate.

If you'd like refer to my most recent reply to rhodescholar where I provide a link to a thread I'd started stating quite clearly how I was against ALL foreign aid.

Palestinians are poor, never said dirty jews (more jibberish you filled in to better suit your assumptions you've made) and no they aren't peace loving. If roles were reversed and palestinians were given the upper hand that israeli's have they'd be the same warmongers that the IED is.

You're down in the count 0-2, take another swing, maybe on that one you'll hit that home run. My advice is though to not assume you know what pitch is coming, close your eyes and hope for the best, open your eyes and hope to see what's in front of you.

I see a lot of people on here wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel.
Examples?

The several threads about the Egyptian uprising have had many comments to the effect of the US needing to be involved and worry about the outcome for the sake of Israel.
Even if true, thats a far cry from "wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel."

Oh boy, a "I hate the jews" thread!!!!!

Israel is a nation...a foreign nation. A nation that should be standing on its own. To say that does not mean that people hate Jews. There are more Jews in the U.S. than there are in Israel so if this was an "I hate Jews" thing, people would talk about hating NYC for example.

So, stop trying to deflect. Not fooling anyone.

That's where we'll disagree. I have no doubt that Israel is both ready and willing to take on all comers, militarily. I'm also quite sure they couldn't care any less about the "international community".

In reality the only way for the Middle East to finally settle down will be for Israel to once again kick the ass of all comers and finally drill it into the heads of their enemies that they're not going away. Only then will these other countries begin to normalize relations with Israel.
I think them battering the poor and destitute people of Palestine has given you a false sense of their military prowess.
The 25+ years worth of wars that Israel fought against Egypt, Syria and Jordan, on the other hand, does not.

The United States was defeated by Vietnam because the people of Vietnam were willing to fight with their bare hands until none of them were left.

The Israeli army constantly has soldiers turning against them from within, not violently but often times the IED has problems with giving orders their soldiers refuse to follow.

Even if true, thats a far cry from "wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel."

I agree that it is hyperbolic to suggest that the entirety of US all US foreign policy is based on defending Israel. But people advocating US involvement in overthrowing the Egyptian government, or preserving it, on the basis of whether the outcome helps or hurts Israel does constitute advocating foreign policy decisions based on Israel's defense instead of our own.

Examples?

The several threads about the Egyptian uprising have had many comments to the effect of the US needing to be involved and worry about the outcome for the sake of Israel.

That's a fair point, I should've said "foreign policy in the middle east", should've been more specific.

The Israeli army constantly has soldiers turning against them from within, not violently but often times the IED has problems with giving orders their soldiers refuse to follow.
Do you think this would be the case if Israel had to fight one of her neighboring states in (another) war she did not start? If so, why?

Israel is a nation...a foreign nation. A nation that should be standing on its own. To say that does not mean that people hate Jews. There are more Jews in the U.S. than there are in Israel so if this was an "I hate Jews" thing, people would talk about hating NYC for example.

I would think respecting the independence of Israel is what people of all religious backgrounds in the country would want.

Do you think this would be the case if Israel had to fight one of her neighboring states in (another) war she did not start? If so, why?

If the Iranian military attacks Israel than by all means they should defend themselves and remove the regime that attacked them.

I didn't look back so I'm not sure if it was u or another poster but one person was advocating for Israel to START a war with Iran. That's 180 degrees different than defending themselves.

Not trying to fool anyone bub. Just saying, whenever you start bitching about foreign aid, ISRAEL is always the first name to roll off your tongue.

I would think respecting the independence of Israel is what people of all religious backgrounds in the country would want.

Oh brother.
:eusa_drool:

Now you're a fan of rugged Independence?

Yep... I got it right the first time.

I agree that it is hyperbolic to suggest that the entirety of US all US foreign policy is based on defending Israel. But people advocating US involvement in overthrowing the Egyptian government, or preserving it, on the basis of whether the outcome helps or hurts Israel does constitute advocating foreign policy decisions based on Israel's defense instead of our own.
Like it or not, Israel is a major economic, military, political and cultural player in the ME.
Anything that might seriously upset the current state of affairs in that part of the ME - that is, the relative peace that Israel has with its neighboring states - runs the very real possibility of open war.

Certainly you can agree that this is something best avoided.

As such, it is in the best interest for the US, and everyone else, to work to maintain the current relationships between Israel and, at least, her immediate neighbors.

Last edited:

Now you're a fan of rugged Independence?

Yep... I got it right the first time.

Me not wanting my taxdollars not to go to Israel+me wanting the Israeli government to decide their foreign policy="rugged" independence?

I get it, you wanting Israel to be dependent on the US makes you an open-minded humanitarian and me wanting a tax cut or money spent on US needs makes me a jew-hater.

Makes PERFECT sense.......................

If the Iranian military attacks Israel than by all means they should defend themselves and remove the regime that attacked them.
That's not what I asked you. You brought up the issue of some IDF troopers refusing to obey orders in Israel's current conflicts as an indication that Israel's military prowess might not be all that is magined of it.

I asked you if you think this would be the case if Israel had to fight one of her neighboring states in (another) war she did not start? If so, why?

I didn't look back so I'm not sure if it was u or another poster but one person was advocating for Israel to START a war with Iran. That's 180 degrees different than defending themselves.
It wasn't me. Israel has not, and does not, start wars.

Last edited:

That's not what I asked you. You brought up the issue of some IDF troopers refusing to obey orders in Israel's current conflicts as an indication that Israel's military prowess might not be all that is magined of it.

I asked you if you think this would be the case if Israel had to fight one of her neighboring states in (another) war she did not start? If so, why?

It wasn't me. Israel has not, and does not, start wars.

If they were attacked than they most likely wouldn't have as much trouble getting soldiers to follow orders. However I can't be 100% certain because their army was drafted, so people are forced in to the military and maybe they don't want to do anything militarily no matter what.

1956, 1967, 1981, 1982 are at least 4 times in which Israel has attacked completely unprovoked, not sure if the term war fits or not but it's semantics.

Forum List

Back