George W. Bush was right about the Middle East and our liberation

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Bush said that actions in Iraq would not only liberate the Iraqi people from a dictator who tortured, murdered, raped his own people, but would spread that ideal throughout the Middle East, causing people to demand freedom from dictators all over the region.

He was right. It took a while. Lots of liberal whining tried to block it. But freedom is slowly spreading in the Middle East. The Iranian people tried it, but Obama wouldn't back them last year. But they'll rise again, and hopefull, like Egypt, topple the Iranian regime.

The only problem is.......whacko Muslims might take over, like Hamas did in Palestine.

But Bush was right. "Trickle out freedom" is working in the Middle East. Unfortunately, the reality may end up being that Muslims are just bat shit crazy, and freedom may backfire.

Yeah how did that Pali democracy work out for ya?

About like the rest of the ME democracies will I expect.
Majority rules in a democracy and if the majority of the people are muslim or hate the USA, want Sharia law, etc...

Bush said that actions in Iraq would not only liberate the Iraqi people from a dictator who tortured, murdered, raped his own people, but would spread that ideal throughout the Middle East, causing people to demand freedom from dictators all over the region.

He was right. It took a while. Lots of liberal whining tried to block it. But freedom is slowly spreading in the Middle East. The Iranian people tried it, but Obama wouldn't back them last year. But they'll rise again, and hopefull, like Egypt, topple the Iranian regime.

The only problem is.......whacko Muslims might take over, like Hamas did in Palestine.

But Bush was right. "Trickle out freedom" is working in the Middle East. Unfortunately, the reality may end up being that Muslims are just bat shit crazy, and freedom may backfire.

Good post, I'm sure the only reason Egyptians are protesting is because they're all inspired by the War in Iraq...................

Reagan was right, we should've stopped meddling in the Middle East after he tried a couple times and they ended in disaster. Wish we'd learn from history.

I sort of think this is correct..but for different reasons. The invasion of Iraq sent millions of upper and middle class Iraqis fleeing to other countries in the Middle East..where they were greeted with no opportunity and dismal governance.

It might be these people have something to do with the protests.

Majority rules in a democracy and if the majority of the people are muslim or hate the USA, want Sharia law, etc...

It didn't work out well. BUT....that makes the right wing correct TWICE about the Middle East!

1- Liberating Iraq would spread demand for freedom and democracy through the ME

2- That freedom and democracy would expose the fact that a large % of Muslims are flat out radically insane.

We're right on the Mid East, twice.

The problem that tipped the scales in Egypt are a poor economy, unemployment and poverty.

Simple as that.
NOw what groups may be trying to take advantage of that is another matter.

I sort of think this is correct..but for different reasons. The invasion of Iraq sent millions of upper and middle class Iraqis fleeing to other countries in the Middle East..where they were greeted with no opportunity and dismal governance.

Good point the US invasion generated Iraq refugees and widows and orphans have had an impact on surrounding nations in the ME.

It didn't work out well. BUT....that makes the right wing correct TWICE about the Middle East!

2- That freedom and democracy would expose the fact that a large % of Muslims are flat out radically insane.

So in your opinion, your bureacrats of choice wanted to give democracy to crazy muslims and that makes them right twice?

Simply stunning.

I wish those Iraqi refugees could have went to Iran and toppled that government. I do think Saddam falling did leave an impression on folks in the ME though, it shows that you don't have to live under a brutal dictator.

The problem that tipped the scales in Egypt are a poor economy, unemployment and poverty.

Simple as that.

Wrong. If that was the case, the people of Detroit would've overthrown the Democratic dynasty that has run that city for decades, but they haven't. Or Mexicans would've overthrown the Mexican government. Or same in Cuba. Or Venezuela. Or Russia. Or China.

Truth is......radical Muslims know this is the time for revolution. They have a United States being led by a weak president who will not strike down an uprising of radical Muslims. They know this is the time. Iran's leader thinks so too, praising the time for the return of the 12th imam. They see this as the time in history when they can surround Israel and destroy it, bring back the 12th imam, and spread Islam throughout the world by the sword, cutting the throats of any who resist (which their holy book literally says to do). Thats why they are rising up in Egypt, and Tunisian, and Algeria, and Jordan, and Turkey. They're fu**ing crazy, suicidal, fanatical, and we ARE DOING NOTHING TO COUNTER THEM.

Ah yes, the circle is complete.

Half of the Right is going to blame the left for opposing Bush's grand plan for spreading democracy via war - and use Egypt as an example.

The other half of the Right is going to blame the left for supporting the Egyptian people, aka the Muslim Brotherhood, and for abandoning our fine friend Mubarak.

So it's a good day in Conservatopia.

So in your opinion, your bureacrats of choice wanted to give democracy to crazy muslims and that makes them right twice?

Simply stunning.

Nope.

I think we liberated Iraq while also trying to eliminate Al Qaida in the entire region.

We thought democracy would bring in more governments and leaders that would help us eliminate Al Qaida, but hunting them down locally, rather than hosting them like the Taliban did.

THEN......we realized "Holy Fu**ing Shit!!!!!! A LOT OF THE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!!!! A HUGE % OF THEM THINK THAT WAY, AND WE MAY HAVE JUST ENABLED THEM TO TAKE OVER THE GOV'T!!"

I think we knew freedom would spread.

It wasn't until after that that we realized how many of them are nuts.

Now we're saying "Wow they're a lot of nuts in that religion", and trying to inform people to take note, but the left won't recognize that.

I wish those Iraqi refugees could have went to Iran and toppled that government. I do think Saddam falling did leave an impression on folks in the ME though, it shows that you don't have to live under a brutal dictator.

I don't think they toppled anything..but their presence was like seeds in fertile soil.

Ah yes, the circle is complete.

Half of the Right is going to blame the left for opposing Bush's grand plan for spreading democracy via war - and use Egypt as an example.

The other half of the Right is going to blame the left for supporting the Egyptian people, aka the Muslim Brotherhood, and for abandoning our fine friend Mubarak.

So it's a good day in Conservatopia.

No, it's not a circle, its more of a straight time line:

1- Middle East dictators are allowing terrorist to live and thrive

2- Toppling them will allow democracy, there noble gov'ts will take charge and help keep terror in check.

3- We topple dictators and Taliban, yay democracy!!

4- We begin to think "Wow, ya know, a LOT of Muslims seem to be really crazy...."

5- Democracy in Mid East shows that radicals might win, proving that our suspicions were correct, a disturbing % of Muslims are in fact crazy.

Going in, no one knew just how many Muslims are in fact nuts. It was noble to spread democracy. But when we did.....the pretty wrapping paper was off the package, and OOPS a whole lot of them are nuts!!! Like opening the gate to the cage.

Simple as that.

Simple, astute and accurate.

You sure you don't work for the state department?

Simple as that.

Simple, astute and accurate.

You sure you don't work for the state department?

If only they had a government that had massive handouts to the poor, subsidizing every aspect of life, where poverty is actually a fairly comfortable existence..............like us!!!!

Bush created another Iran in the Middle East and all it cost was 4,000 American lives, 40,000 Americans maimed, three trillion dollars and a bankrupt economy - ours. But he "did it". Many Republicans call it a "stunning success".

Miss me yet?

Simply stunning.

Nope.

I think we liberated Iraq while also trying to eliminate Al Qaida in the entire region.

We thought democracy would bring in more governments and leaders that would help us eliminate Al Qaida, but hunting them down locally, rather than hosting them like the Taliban did.

THEN......we realized "Holy Fu**ing Shit!!!!!! A LOT OF THE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!!!! A HUGE % OF THEM THINK THAT WAY, AND WE MAY HAVE JUST ENABLED THEM TO TAKE OVER THE GOV'T!!"

I think we knew freedom would spread.

It wasn't until after that that we realized how many of them are nuts.

Now we're saying "Wow they're a lot of nuts in that religion", and trying to inform people to take note, but the left won't recognize that.

I don't subscribe to this whole "right and left" jibberish most do.

The supposed "left-democrats" and "right-republicans" have openly cheered on our bureacrats when they say they're going to use our tax dollars in order to try and mold and meddle with the middle east.

It sounds like you're saying giving democracy to people who don't share your religion is crazy, but the bureacrats of your choice should be given the distinction of being "right twice" in doing so.

Forum List

Back