How much new taxes will I pay under the Patient Affordable Care Act?

It's real simple if you bothered reading the links posted above:

- $60.1 billion/yr new taxes on health insurance companies. They won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to their customers as higher premiums.
- $22.2 billion/yr new taxes on Innovator Drug companies. They won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to insurance companies. Ins companies won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to their customers as higher premiums.
- $20 billion/yr new taxes on Medical Device Manufacturers.....again, costs passed to insurance co. who will pass costs to customers as higher premiums. It doesn't matter if you use "Medical Devices", the costs will be passed to everybody.

Just those 3 items alone put us on the hook for $102.3 billion/yr. Income is irrelevant, those taxes (let's call it "trickle down taxation") won't be collected on your 1040, they're conveniently proxied through the healthcare industry to make you think you're not being taxed. Dems will then demonize insurance companies for raising rates as part of their push for a "single payer" system. Oh wait, they're already doing that.

Now here's one of the most dangerous aspects of the bill - Codification of the "Economic Substance Doctrine" giving the IRS the power to disallow legitimate tax deductions if THEY determine the deduction lacks "substance". Wow - no need for tax laws, they'll just be written on the fly. No worries, it's not like the IRS answers to the federal gov't or ever abused their power, right? They estimate they'll take another $4.5 billion/yr with this one.

? Did you understand my question?

Let me make it a little simpler. How much bigger will the number on line 61 of my 1040 form be due to the ACA?

Why is that so simple to answer?

I don't know what your financials are and I don't care. You're trying to push the notion you won't be paying more in taxes. I laid it out for you.....you'll be paying your share of a $102.3 billion tax bill proxied through the insurance industry.

How much of it will show up on the "total tax" line of my 1040? Its zero dollars so far.

I can make up a number if you like. How about $87. Does that sound good? Or you can just send me all your financial info to include income, investments, savings, retirement plans, and insurance info and I'll be happy to take a look.

I don't have all that information for 2012. Unlike you, I can't predict the future.

But based on my 2011 information - I would owe NO NEW TAXES under ObamaCare. This flies in the face of the lie that it is a tax increase on the middle class. Its simply not.

Massive tax increases are coming. Taxation by proxy doesn't involve a 1040, it just requires a staff of 3000 employees and a million dollar computer system to track it all.

Great. When you've got specifics that will affect me rather than just vague notions I should be very afraid of and Obama Bad Bad Bad!, let me know.

Let me make it a little simpler. How much bigger will the number on line 61 of my 1040 form be due to the ACA?

Send me all your tax info and your receipts
2012 isn't over yet, not possible.

and I will give you a number,
If you can just tell me what tax applies to joint incomes of about 100k, I'll figure it out myself. That's kinda what I've been trying to do, but you guys refuse to actually tell me what the new tax on me is. I've been presented a bunch of taxes on joint incomes of 250k or more - those don't apply to me. I have health insurance - so the penalty, does not apply. Which new tax does?

otherwise shut the frack up.

So I'm not permitted to ask what the new tax on the middle class is? I'm just supposed to know that Obama is bad and its all his fault, right? And there's a new tax increase on the middle class - but I'd better just shut the fuck up if I wanna know how it will affect me?

How Republican of you.

You asked a specific question about what the number on your tax return will be, I pointed out the only way for me to know that is if I have information. Unlike you, I don't pretend to be able to answer questions without enough information. Either supply that information or stop crying that no one can answer your question.

The right claims I will pay more taxes under the the Patient Affordable Care Act. So far they've failed to show me one I'd actually have to pay.

My wife and I file joint income of just over 100k. We have health insurance. We don't use tanning beds.

So which new taxes will I pay?

That's some authentic frontier jibberish.

I don't know what your financials are and I don't care. You're trying to push the notion you won't be paying more in taxes. I laid it out for you.....you'll be paying your share of a $102.3 billion tax bill proxied through the insurance industry.

I can make up a number if you like. How about $87. Does that sound good? Or you can just send me all your financial info to include income, investments, savings, retirement plans, and insurance info and I'll be happy to take a look.

Massive tax increases are coming. Taxation by proxy doesn't involve a 1040, it just requires a staff of 3000 employees and a million dollar computer system to track it all.

My income is well above yours so I say this with no skin in the game at all. I can afford whatever they charge me, but I'm not so blinded I can't see the forest for the trees.

And how much do we pay for the uninsured using emergency rooms every year in America?

Less than you think.

How much of it will show up on the "total tax" line of my 1040? Its zero dollars so far.

I don't have all that information for 2012. Unlike you, I can't predict the future.

But based on my 2011 information - I would owe NO NEW TAXES under ObamaCare. This flies in the face of the lie that it is a tax increase on the middle class. Its simply not.

Great. When you've got specifics that will affect me rather than just vague notions I should be very afraid of and Obama Bad Bad Bad!, let me know.

Show me your 2011 numbers and I will show you how much Obamacare will increase your taxes assuming that nothing in your income or deductions changes in 2014 when all the taxes actually kick in.

The right claims I will pay more taxes under the the Patient Affordable Care Act. So far they've failed to show me one I'd actually have to pay.

My wife and I file joint income of just over 100k. We have health insurance. We don't use tanning beds.

Figured mine, $0.00! I guess the righties are up in arms because they've been freeloading so far. They'll try to tell you it's the principle of the thing, but we know what that's code for. :cool:

Eyep.

Show me your 2011 numbers and I will show you how much Obamacare will increase your taxes assuming that nothing in your income or deductions changes in 2014 when all the taxes actually kick in.

Can you give a general number for someone making 100,000? I'd like to know this too.

Also, I thought the tax part of the bill was the penalty for not carrying insurance. No?

ah yes, the new word for TAX, penalty

think about folks, then why would it be the IRS coming after you to COLLECT this penalty

wake up

Last edited:

er... zero.

it only affects the leeches who can afford to pay for insurance but think we should carry them when they need health care. :D

The people they are now calling leeches, are a lot of you young people and who voted for Obama, but don't feel you need insurance at this point in your life..

NOW you will be FORCED to buy it or be FINED..

give you the warm and fuzzies, doesn't it

The people they are now calling leeches, are a lot of you young people and who voted for Obama, but don't feel you need insurance at this point in your life..

Not fined Taxed a fine would imply you had to buy something and you didn't the courts ruled against that.

think about folks, then why would it be the IRS coming after you to COLLECT this penalty

wake up

They'll come after you for a hundred bucks? Grow up, Stephanie.

You all are attempting to interpret the ruling as one big negative. You just lie so much.

Not fined Taxed a fine would imply you had to buy something and you didn't the courts ruled against that.

You don't have to buy car insurance either but you'll get dinged if you are at fault in an accident.

wake up

They'll come after you for a hundred bucks? Grow up, Stephanie.

You all are attempting to interpret the ruling as one big negative. You just lie so much.

it's not me lying dear...and hopefully the people will see who the liar are and vote them out..

You don't have to buy car insurance either but you'll get dinged if you are at fault in an accident.

No one has to buy car insurance unless you are going to be operating it on public roads.

Forum List

Back