How much new taxes will I pay under the Patient Affordable Care Act?

The right claims I will pay more taxes under the the Patient Affordable Care Act. So far they've failed to show me one I'd actually have to pay.

My wife and I file joint income of just over 100k. We have health insurance. We don't use tanning beds.

So which new taxes will I pay?

In other words, you are so stupid that I think you are exempt from taxes.

I don't think that, and there's no reason you would think that I did, unless you can't comprehend English. Its a common problem among righties. You read what a lefty writes -and get a completlry different meaning from what the words actually say.

For instance, I write "What new taxes will I pay?" - and you read "I am exempt from taxes". The former is a fairly simple English sentence, and to interpret it as the latter is an indication of your utter lack of comprehension skills. You should seek professional help, really.
Medicare taxes will go up by 0.9%
Only if my wife and I have a combined income of 250k or greater. We don't. We make barely over 100k. Do you understand numbers at least?

If you have investments you will be charged a Medicare tax of 3.8% if your adjusted gross income exceeds $250,000. (Hint, don't sell your house.)
Only applies if our profit in the sale of the home is 500k or greater. Would be nice to have a problem like that.
Do you have an FSA? If so you it will be capped at $2,500.
Doesn't apply to me.

Itemized medical deductions will require a higher threshold, which will increase your taxes unless you are an idiot that doesn't itemize.
The sum of my itemized deductions is less than the standard deduction. Doesn't make sense to itemize.

So NONE of those new taxes apply to me.

Waiting for the one that does guys! LEt me know!

The right claims I will pay more taxes under the the Patient Affordable Care Act. So far they've failed to show me one I'd actually have to pay.

My wife and I file joint income of just over 100k. We have health insurance. We don't use tanning beds.

So which new taxes will I pay?

Americans for Tax Reform : Comprehensive List of Tax Hikes in Obamacare

I didn't ask for a comprehensive list. I want to know what new taxes I - a person with health care - will be responsible for paying out my account. Its a pretty simple question - just tell me what new amounts will be added to "total tax owed" on my 1040.

I take it you didn't look at what is in the link

I didn't ask for a comprehensive list. I want to know what new taxes I - a person with health care - will be responsible for paying out my account. Its a pretty simple question - just tell me what new amounts will be added to "total tax owed" on my 1040.

You can't tell me which taxes I be personally responsible for - so obviously neither have you.

You can't tell me which taxes I be personally responsible for - so obviously neither have you.
The link I posted breaks it down for you.

Last edited:
The link I posted breaks it down for you.

You didn't read and comprehend the link you posted.

EDIT: I did, and can't find a single tax in that list that'd I'd have to personally pay.

Well good for you but not yet anyway.

What does that even mean?

What taxes will I be personally responsible under the Affordable Care Act? Is it zero? That's what I'm beginning to figure out. Its zero. I looked in your link and all the personal incomes tax changes for joint returns only apply to those making over 250k. My wife and I make 103k. So they don't apply to us. We also have health insurance. So the penalty doesn't apply to us.

The total taxes we'll be personally responsible for under ACA is zero. And you know it.

So - since I am, by any reasonable measure - middle class - and the right is claiming the ACA is a tax increase on the middle class - isn't that simply a lie?

EDIT: I did, and can't find a single tax in that list that'd I'd have to personally pay.

What taxes will I be personally responsible under the Affordable Care Act? Is it zero? That's what I'm beginning to figure out. Its zero. I looked in your link and all the personal incomes tax changes for joint returns only apply to those making over 250k. My wife and I make 103k. So they don't apply to us. We also have health insurance. So the penalty doesn't apply to us.

The total taxes we'll be personally responsible for under ACA is zero. And you know it.

So - since I am, by any reasonable measure - middle class - and the right is claiming the ACA is a tax increase on the middle class - isn't that simply a lie?

You wanted to know how much you were going to be taxed, I posted a link that broke down everything someone may have to pay. If you say it doesn't apply to you fine it's doesn't.

You wanted to know how much you were going to be taxed, I posted a link that broke down everything someone may have to pay. If you say it doesn't apply to you fine it's doesn't.

Why does the right wing claim its a tax on the middle class when it isn't? Is it because they are liars or just stupid?

It's real simple if you bothered reading the links posted above:

- $60.1 billion/yr new taxes on health insurance companies. They won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to their customers as higher premiums.
- $22.2 billion/yr new taxes on Innovator Drug companies. They won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to insurance companies. Ins companies won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to their customers as higher premiums.
- $20 billion/yr new taxes on Medical Device Manufacturers.....again, costs passed to insurance co. who will pass costs to customers as higher premiums. It doesn't matter if you use "Medical Devices", the costs will be passed to everybody.

Just those 3 items alone put us on the hook for $102.3 billion/yr. Income is irrelevant, those taxes (let's call it "trickle down taxation") won't be collected on your 1040, they're conveniently proxied through the healthcare industry to make you think you're not being taxed. Dems will then demonize insurance companies for raising rates as part of their push for a "single payer" system. Oh wait, they're already doing that.

Now here's one of the most dangerous aspects of the bill - Codification of the "Economic Substance Doctrine" giving the IRS the power to disallow legitimate tax deductions if THEY determine the deduction lacks "substance". Wow - no need for tax laws, they'll just be written on the fly. No worries, it's not like the IRS answers to the federal gov't or ever abused their power, right? They estimate they'll take another $4.5 billion/yr with this one.

Last edited:
I don't think that, and there's no reason you would think that I did, unless you can't comprehend English. Its a common problem among righties. You read what a lefty writes -and get a completlry different meaning from what the words actually say.

Actually, it is just personal experience. you claim to have studied cosmology but don't know squat about the cosmological constant or the fact that, without it, Einstein's equations indicate the universe would have collapsed before the Earth was formed. That either makes you really stupid, or a liar. I give you the benefit of the doubt and opt for stupid.

For instance, I write "What new taxes will I pay?" - and you read "I am exempt from taxes". The former is a fairly simple English sentence, and to interpret it as the latter is an indication of your utter lack of comprehension skills. You should seek professional help, really.

No, I read you are so stupid you haven't paid attention to all the explanations of the new taxes over the last two years.

Only if my wife and I have a combined income of 250k or greater. We don't. We make barely over 100k. Do you understand numbers at least?

Wrong, but thanks for proving I was right to opt for stupid. I actually explained what taxes apply even if you make less than the magic number.

Only applies if our profit in the sale of the home is 500k or greater. Would be nice to have a problem like that.

No, it applies if it pushes your AGI above $250,000, read the link.

Wait, I forgot, you don't read links, you just act smug and pretend no one reads links.

Doesn't apply to me.

One you missed.

The sum of my itemized deductions is less than the standard deduction. Doesn't make sense to itemize.

You don't take all your deductions.

So NONE of those new taxes apply to me.

Waiting for the one that does guys! LEt me know!

They do, you just don't understand math.

- $60.1 billion/yr new taxes on health insurance companies. They won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to their customers as higher premiums.
- $22.2 billion/yr new taxes on Innovator Drug companies. They won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to insurance companies. Ins companies won't eat these costs, they'll be passed to their customers as higher premiums.
- $20 billion/yr new taxes on Medical Device Manufacturers.....again, costs passed to insurance co. who will pass costs to customers as higher premiums. It doesn't matter if you use "Medical Devices", the costs will be passed to everybody.

Just those 3 items alone put us on the hook for $102.3 billion/yr. Income is irrelevant, those taxes (let's call it "trickle down taxation") won't be collected on your 1040, they're conveniently proxied through the healthcare industry to make you think you're not being taxed. Dems will then demonize insurance companies for raising rates as part of their push for a "single payer" system. Oh wait, they're already doing that.

Now here's one of the most dangerous aspects of the bill - Codification of the "Economic Substance Doctrine" giving the IRS the power to disallow legitimate tax deductions if THEY determine the deduction lacks "substance". Wow - no need for tax laws, they'll just be written on the fly. No worries, it's not like the IRS answers to the federal gov't or ever abused their power, right? They estimate they'll take another $4.5 billion/yr with this one.

? Did you understand my question?

Let me make it a little simpler. How much bigger will the number on line 61 of my 1040 form be due to the ACA?

Why is that so simple to answer?

Let me make it a little simpler. How much bigger will the number on line 61 of my 1040 form be due to the ACA?

What does Hannity and Rush say?

Send me all your tax info and your receipts and I will give you a number, otherwise shut the frack up.

Send me all your tax info and your receipts
2012 isn't over yet, not possible.

and I will give you a number,

If you can just tell me what tax applies to joint incomes of about 100k, I'll figure it out myself. That's kinda what I've been trying to do, but you guys refuse to actually tell me what the new tax on me is. I've been presented a bunch of taxes on joint incomes of 250k or more - those don't apply to me. I have health insurance - so the penalty, does not apply. Which new tax does?

otherwise shut the frack up.

So I'm not permitted to ask what the new tax on the middle class is? I'm just supposed to know that Obama is bad and its all his fault, right? And there's a new tax increase on the middle class - but I'd better just shut the fuck up if I wanna know how it will affect me?

How Republican of you.

Last edited:

I don't know what your financials are and I don't care. You're trying to push the notion you won't be paying more in taxes. I laid it out for you.....you'll be paying your share of a $102.3 billion tax bill proxied through the insurance industry.

I can make up a number if you like. How about $87. Does that sound good? Or you can just send me all your financial info to include income, investments, savings, retirement plans, and insurance info and I'll be happy to take a look.

Massive tax increases are coming. Taxation by proxy doesn't involve a 1040, it just requires a staff of 3000 employees and a million dollar computer system to track it all.

My income is well above yours so I say this with no skin in the game at all. I can afford whatever they charge me, but I'm not so blinded I can't see the forest for the trees.

I don't know what your financials are and I don't care. You're trying to push the notion you won't be paying more in taxes. I laid it out for you.....you'll be paying your share of a $102.3 billion tax bill proxied through the insurance industry.

I can make up a number if you like. How about $87. Does that sound good? Or you can just send me all your financial info to include income, investments, savings, retirement plans, and insurance info and I'll be happy to take a look.

Massive tax increases are coming. Taxation by proxy doesn't involve a 1040, it just requires a staff of 3000 employees and a million dollar computer system to track it all.

My income is well above yours so I say this with no skin in the game at all. I can afford whatever they charge me, but I'm not so blinded I can't see the forest for the trees.

And how much do we pay for the uninsured using emergency rooms every year in America?

Forum List

Back