How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

you do realize there are thousands if not millions of people that live in the jungle???

when you grow up you will learn these simple things

Living near or in a jungle you know with other people, supplies and relative safety is a lot different than being dropped off in a jungle you don't know without food, supplies or safety. There are isolated tribes surviving in the Amazon, but those people do that as a team. Even those jungle-attuned people would be in trouble in a jungle they don't know and without their tribe or supplies. The average redneck could not do what we're talking about; very few people could. That's elite special forces territory, and even then some of them would fail.
the jungle is full of food shelter and safety,,

you dont even know what an average redneck is let alone what he knows,,,
I don't think they've ever met a redneck or even seen one in his natural habitat. They believe what they see on the boob tube or their favorite hate sites.
I live in VA and I see tons of rednecks and none of them impress me very much

Just because some idiots get drunk and go squirrel hunting is no indication that they would know what to do if dropped into a real jungle with nothing but the clothes on their backs
they arent there to empress you,, get over it cause its not about you,,

and what is a real jungle?? jungle is just another word for forest or woods,,
OK let's air drop you in the middle of the Amazon rain forest and then you can tell me how much it resembles the woods behind your trailer.

HAve you ever been to the Amazon?

I have and it is a fucking hostile place
when did this become about me??? thats just a dodge cause youre losing the debate,,

you do realize there are thousands if not millions of people that live in the jungle???

Living near or in a jungle you know with other people, supplies and relative safety is a lot different than being dropped off in a jungle you don't know without food, supplies or safety. There are isolated tribes surviving in the Amazon, but those people do that as a team. Even those jungle-attuned people would be in trouble in a jungle they don't know and without their tribe or supplies. The average redneck could not do what we're talking about; very few people could. That's elite special forces territory, and even then some of them would fail.

I don't think they've ever met a redneck or even seen one in his natural habitat. They believe what they see on the boob tube or their favorite hate sites.

Just because some idiots get drunk and go squirrel hunting is no indication that they would know what to do if dropped into a real jungle with nothing but the clothes on their backs
I also live in VA and unless you've been down in the southwestern counties, I doubt you've seen true rednecks. You may have seen some posers who haven't gotten over the Civil War and like to act like rednecks, but if you haven't ventured very far outside Richmond or Charlottesville (or, God help us, NOVA), you haven't seen rednecks.

It's TV therefore it's not REAL

And now that I'm thinking about it they go out there with at least one partner. They both get to bring a tool as well, so they'll often have things like fishing nets and fire starting tools.
Okay, take two average city dwellers whose biggest exposure to wildlife has been a rat ducking into a sewer, allow them each to select a tool, strip them of all their clothes and drop them 20 miles into the interior of a jungle. Do the same with two rednecks who have been living in the wilds of Appalachia all their lives. Which do you think will last longer and which do you think has the better chance of making it to the pickup point? That's the point you're studiously ignoring.
neither has the better chance.

And I though you were going to be naked in the jungle and survive better than anyone.

they arent there to empress you,, get over it cause its not about you,,

and what is a real jungle?? jungle is just another word for forest or woods,,
OK let's air drop you in the middle of the Amazon rain forest and then you can tell me how much it resembles the woods behind your trailer.

HAve you ever been to the Amazon?

I have and it is a fucking hostile place
when did this become about me??? thats just a dodge cause youre losing the debate,,
No I'm not since I have actually been in the Amazon jungle and I know that it ain't just like the woods in Appalachia.

No I'm not since I have actually been in the Amazon jungle and I know that it ain't just like the woods in Appalachia.

You can't drive to the gas station for a chili dog when you're stranded in the Amazon.

you can get turned around in less than 100 yards and be completely lost

Yep.

Imagine trying to do that without a map and a sense of where you are. Better get used to Amazon life; you might spend the rest of your days there even if you can meet your survival needs.

you can get turned around in less than 100 yards and be completely lost

Yep.

Imagine trying to do that without a map and a sense of where you are. Better get used to Amazon life; you might spend the rest of your days there even if you can meet your survival needs.

There are countless stories of how the Amazon has broken people who thought themselves to be outdoors-men. Here's a famous one

And now that I'm thinking about it they go out there with at least one partner. They both get to bring a tool as well, so they'll often have things like fishing nets and fire starting tools.
Okay, take two average city dwellers whose biggest exposure to wildlife has been a rat ducking into a sewer, allow them each to select a tool, strip them of all their clothes and drop them 20 miles into the interior of a jungle. Do the same with two rednecks who have been living in the wilds of Appalachia all their lives. Which do you think will last longer and which do you think has the better chance of making it to the pickup point? That's the point you're studiously ignoring.

And I though you were going to be naked in the jungle and survive better than anyone.
Me? I'm neither a redneck nor a survivalist. Don't you know it's a really weak debate tactic to try to make it about the other guy instead of the subject? It makes people laugh at you. And yes, rednecks do have a better chance of surviving than city dwellers. Think about how stupid your statement is. You're claiming that two city dwellers would do as well in the wild as two rednecks.

Me? I'm neither a redneck nor a survivalist. Don't you know it's a really weak debate tactic to try to make it about the other guy instead of the subject? It makes people laugh at you. And yes, rednecks do have a better chance of surviving than city dwellers. Think about how stupid your statement is. You're claiming that two city dwellers would do as well in the wild as two rednecks.
BFD replace the word you with the word redneck and my argument still holds up

Yeah OK sorry but dropping 2 random rednecks into the Amazon with nothing but the clothes on their backs will yield the same result as dropping any 2 random people into the Amazon with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

I was working with the scenario you dreamed up. You obviously think someone whose greatest exposure to wildlife is a rat can survive in the wild the same as someone whose been running around in the forest all of his life. That's dumb.

I was working with the scenario you dreamed up. You obviously think someone whose greatest exposure to wildlife is a rat can survive in the wild the same as someone whose been running around in the forest all of his life. That's dumb.

No, nobody is saying that. We're saying that redneck camping skills wouldn't amount to much in an extreme survival situation. Both would die.

You ain't going to see much wildlife in the Amazon it's just too thick. And like i said shooting possums ain't the same as trying to hunt game in the Amazon with no gun

But that jaguar will see your average redneck and eat him the same as anyone else.

Oh and lets not forget all the really cool venomous creepy crawlies that no redneck have ever seen in the Appalachians.

No, nobody is saying that. We're saying that redneck camping skills wouldn't amount to much in an extreme survival situation. Both would die.
driving up to a campground with a few cases of beer isn't going to prepare anyone for an actual survival situation

Forum List

Back