How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

I dont think people should be punished because they are more successful. IE much higher tax burden. They already pay most of the taxes anyway.
They also give a lot of money and time, to charity.

They'll still be the richest Americans if they are taxed more. They live in goofy amounts of excess that's only possible because the U.S kicks ass.

Surely something, right? I see a lot of people talk like taxes are theft. Is it not just our obligation?

Absolutely.

If you are one of the fortunate few to make big money, you should be delighted to pay taxes in order to help the less fortunate.

It sticks in my craw when these TV announcements ask ordinary people to contribute to certain charities.

We ordinary people need every penny that we have,

The rich, however, could easily cover every charity on earth.

(I am so sad when I see those ads for children in this world who were born with facial deformities. We are asked to help pay for their operations. There are really rich people in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, & Asia who could easily cover an operation for every single such child. Shame on them for not doing so!)

I dont think people should be punished because they are more successful. IE much higher tax burden. They already pay most of the taxes anyway.
They also give a lot of money and time, to charity.

They'll still be the richest Americans if they are taxed more. They live in goofy amounts of excess that's only possible because the U.S kicks ass.
Sure but that doesnt mean they should be punished.
A person making 163,301 pays 8% more in taxes than someone that made 163,300. Thats bullshit.
A person that makes half a million, pays almost 40 of their income to the federal govt. Thats almost HALF. Half of the fruit of their labor and hard work, only to be stolen from an entity that will give it away to foreigners and use it to kill a bunch of innocent desert dwellers.

Half of the fruit of their labor and hard work, only to be stolen from an entity that will give it away to foreigners and use it to kill a bunch of innocent desert dwellers.

How much more comfortable with it would you be if we were more focused on elevating Americans with that money?

Surely something, right? I see a lot of people talk like taxes are theft. Is it not just our obligation?

1609255098837.png

Depends on what you consider "society" and what you feel the rules should be.

We have the right to pursue our own happiness, but it shouldn't be at the expense of others

So who pays for the military and the police?

Half of the fruit of their labor and hard work, only to be stolen from an entity that will give it away to foreigners and use it to kill a bunch of innocent desert dwellers.

How much more comfortable with it would you be if we were more focused on elevating Americans with that money?
If we prioritized our spending, im not sure we would need more tax revenue.

Forum List

Back