How much debt did GWB add? the truth

Bush cut taxes the same year he added the cost of the Afghan war to the budget. Bush cut taxes the same year he added a second war, Iraq, to the budget. Bush let PAYGO expire and because he did so, the GOP was able to pass Medicare part D without paying for it.

The combination of lost revenue from the tax cuts and added expenditures from 2 wars and a huge drug program pretty much account for Bush's deficts and debt accumulation.

In other words, Bush only ran deficits because he and the GOP initiated policies that were the textbook formula for running deficits.

The CRI had nothing to do with Bush's housing crash, but it has always been the favorite boogyman of racists. It was Bush's ADDI that brought down the housing market, everything else is just scapegoating.

"The American Dream Downpayment Assistance Act authorizes up to $200 million annually for fiscal years 2004 - 2007"

Wow, all it took was $200 million?
More liberal bad math.

Bush cut taxes the same year he added the cost of the Afghan war to the budget. Bush cut taxes the same year he added a second war, Iraq, to the budget. Bush let PAYGO expire and because he did so, the GOP was able to pass Medicare part D without paying for it.

The combination of lost revenue from the tax cuts and added expenditures from 2 wars and a huge drug program pretty much account for Bush's deficts and debt accumulation.

In other words, Bush only ran deficits because he and the GOP initiated policies that were the textbook formula for running deficits.

And even after all the cuts and all the spending, the deficit in 2007 was $161 billion.

So his 2.5-3 trillion in 8 years does what to BHO 2-2.5 in 2 years?
also whay is it the left did not raise taxes in 07,08,09 and 2010 when they controlled congress with all of it close to a super majority in 09,2010

Let us also not forget that the last GOP budget, 2007
was very close to breaking even
so it seems to me with the Iraq war over that Obama really has added alot more than just what we see

I really do not understand why you keep beating this dead horse

And even after all the cuts and all the spending, the deficit in 2007 was $161 billion.
In 2007 $500 billion was borrowed to cover the Bush shortfall.

also whay is it the left did not raise taxes in 07,08,09 and 2010 when they controlled congress with all of it close to a super majority in 09,2010

so it seems to me with the Iraq war over that Obama really has added alot more than just what we see

Bush borrowed $6 trillion in 8 years, and most of Obama's borrowing is to cover carryovers from Bush's wars, Part D medicare, and the interest on the $12 trillion GOP debt.

Bush borrowed $6 trillion in 8 years, and most of Obama's borrowing is to cover carryovers from Bush's wars, Part D medicare, and the interest on the $12 trillion GOP debt.

Half truths thats it?

In 2007 $500 billion was borrowed to cover the Bush shortfall.
And yet only $161 billion in new debt was sold to the public.

The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

Auditor 00007 just called me a liar on another thread when I stated how much debt GWB added without intrest from the total
09 is open for debate and to be honest the last GOP budget was 07
But thru 08 it was well below 2.5 trillion
thats the number I used
If we are to give 1/2 of 09 (he did not sign the 09 budget) to GWB then it would be close to 2.5 trillion

any-one want to contest the link I have?
Being called a liar is something I do not take lightly
"There should be no mystery about what caused the $14 trillion debt: large deficits began in 1981, with Ronald Reagan’s fanciful 'supply side' tax-cutting.

"Federal debt was then around $1 trillion.

"By 2007 it had reached $9 trillion, thanks to George W. Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthy and his two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, plus the massive subsidy for Big Pharma in Medicare drug benefits.

"The 2008 financial collapse and deep recession generated most of the remainder, as tax revenues fell drastically."

Obama's Bad Bargain | Common Dreams

Anyone think Bill Greider is lying?

not just iraq and afghanistan, but our 'total defense' spending doubled under his term

The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog

Auditor 00007 just called me a liar on another thread when I stated how much debt GWB added without intrest from the total
thats the number I used
If we are to give 1/2 of 09 (he did not sign the 09 budget) to GWB then it would be close to 2.5 trillion

"There should be no mystery about what caused the $14 trillion debt: large deficits began in 1981, with Ronald Reagan’s fanciful 'supply side' tax-cutting.

"By 2007 it had reached $9 trillion, thanks to George W. Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthy and his two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, plus the massive subsidy for Big Pharma in Medicare drug benefits.

"The 2008 financial collapse and deep recession generated most of the remainder, as tax revenues fell drastically."

GWB and RR added about 3.5-4 trillion
interest added about that much
STOP LYING PLEASE
BHO has added over 2 trillion in 2 years

these are called links and do not include interest accrued during that 16 year period
Ronald Reagan: The Heritage Foundation Remembers
here is no denying that American indebtedness increased significantly during the Reagan years. Reagan borrowed $1 for every $5 he spent, increasing the national debt by $1.5 trillion through 1988. He didn't have to worry too much about where to get the money -- America was still such a good credit risk that people around the world "pressed money on us, and we obliged, borrowing easily, quickly, and almost guiltlessly," in Cannon's words, [xxi] But Reagan did feel guilty about the accumulated debt or as much as anyone with his unassailable optimism could feel guilty. He admitted that his failures to cut federal spending absolutely and to balance the federal budget were his "biggest disappointments" as president.[xxii]

Budget 2011: Past Deficits vs. Obama’s Deficits in Pictures
2009 is up for debate
The budget was signed in 2009 by Obama and was put in place by close to a super majority in the senate and house of democrats
It had some of the stimulus and Obama's portion of tarp, which we still have billions of that out standing

thats the number I used

STOP LYING PLEASE

these are called links and do not include interest accrued during that 16 year period
here is no denying that American indebtedness increased significantly during the Reagan years. Reagan borrowed $1 for every $5 he spent, increasing the national debt by $1.5 trillion through 1988. He didn't have to worry too much about where to get the money -- America was still such a good credit risk that people around the world "pressed money on us, and we obliged, borrowing easily, quickly, and almost guiltlessly," in Cannon's words, [xxi] But Reagan did feel guilty about the accumulated debt or as much as anyone with his unassailable optimism could feel guilty. He admitted that his failures to cut federal spending absolutely and to balance the federal budget were his "biggest disappointments" as president.[xxii]

2009 is up for debate
The budget was signed in 2009 by Obama and was put in place by close to a super majority in the senate and house of democrats
It had some of the stimulus and Obama's portion of tarp, which we still have billions of that out standing
Heritage is a right wing extremist propaganda arm of the GOP, they have no credibility. St Ronnie's debt looks a lot closer to 2 trillion than 1.5 trillion, but then we are talking about Heritage's rubber rulers!
09/29/1989 $ 2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1981 $ 997,855,000,000.00

'I don't worry about the deficit. It's big enough to take care of itself.'
Ronald Reagan

Last edited:

STOP LYING PLEASE

2009 is up for debate
Heritage is a right wing extremist propaganda arm of the GOP, they have no credibility. St Ronnie's debt looks a lot closer to 2 trillion than 1.5 trillion, but then we are talking about Heritage's rubber rulers!
09/29/1989 $ 2,857,430,960,187.32
09/30/1981 $ 997,855,000,000.00

'I don't worry about the deficit. It's big enough to take care of itself.'
Ronald Reagan

The information is not from the heritage
And there truth is a truth no matter
Look at CBS and when you can justify what they did in 00 and 04 and explain to me why this accurate information is ignored every where else I will stop using it

Obama's debt is about the same in 2 that GWB was in 8
Policy means nothing
and we grade each president on the policies of the president prior to his taking office

You cannot have it both ways

seriously, you made m think of it.

Forum List

Back