How Much Credit Should Obama Get For The Recovery?

Healthcare reform was a good bill.

LOL. Yeah, it's so great that they can't afford to implement one of the most important parts of it, the public still hates it, and 30 states are suing to throw it out.

You really do live in a world of your own making. I can't imagine what it's like to wake up every morning and see you in the mirror. It's must be an endless nightmare.

When does this rumored recovery actually start? We heard this song before, like in 'recovery summer' and all.

6a00d83451bc4a69e2015432981bc6970c-800wi

I usually don't either blame or credit presidents for the economic situation. Mainly what happens is beyond their control. But this time I think it may be a little different. Obama's taken some steps some other presidents would be afraid to go. He's taken some political risks, in other words, which appear to be paying off. Should he get more than normal credit for the recovery?

He gets credit for it being so sluggish.

It would have been more robust if he hadn't put his lead foot on it with the healthcare boondoggle.

If he had actually paid attention to his stimulus and HAMP and made sure they were doing what they were designed to do instead of taking his eye off the ball I would have to be giving him credit now.

What a bizarre post.

Healthcare reform has nothing to do with the recovery.

The wasted first year of his term and the ongoing uncertainty most certainly does. It inhibited the recovery.

Recovery would have happened no matter what Obama did.

His stimulus could have given it a shot in the arm.

He could have EARNED some credit for that.

But he stomped all over his stimulus by pursuing the healthcare legislation instead of making sure the stimulus money was working.

Oh why bother? You won't get it.

Bottom line: no Obama doesn't deserve credit.

If he had done nothing we would still be in recovery. He effed up in ways you are not capable of comprehending.

LOL. Yeah, it's so great that they can't afford to implement one of the most important parts of it, the public still hates it, and 30 states are suing to throw it out.

You really do live in a world of your own making. I can't imagine what it's like to wake up every morning and see you in the mirror. It's must be an endless nightmare.

The Republicans are suing because it hurts their corporate masters.

No more "pre-existing conditions" bullshit.

And when the public is polled on the specifics of the bill, they love it.

And I get up every day and make the world a better place.

What a bizarre post.

You are right for a change. So why did Obama and the Dems waste so much time on such a bad bill instead of working on the economy where the work was needed?

No, he isn't right. The health care legislation is one of the factors responsible for the lack of economic recovery. It costs too much money and businesses don't know exactly what to expect from it. That is one of the reasons nobody is hiring.

Can you produce even the slightest sliver of a fact to back that up?

Ahh the 'jobless recovery' with 20 million still 'funemployed' I get it! Thanks chris

No, you don't get it.

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

ReaganBushDebt.org

Then Bush allowed Wall Street to run a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

A £516 trillion derivatives 'time-bomb' - Business News, Business - The Independent

So the Republicans defunded the government and then destroyed the world economy.

And Obama was left to pick up the mess.

Now Obama has saved us from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, created 19 straight months of private sector job growth, gotten Bin Laden, gotten Ghaddafi, and gotten us out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

Last edited:
When does this rumored recovery actually start? We heard this song before, like in 'recovery summer' and all.

6a00d83451bc4a69e2015432981bc6970c-800wi

Meaningless. This is a debt crisis. You don't fix it by creating more debt. Economies are systems, not pumps or engines, that you can prime. All we did was was stimulate it. We did not fix the problem and the problem is debt.

This is a dead cat bounce. Wall street will crash and the economy will tank.

Count on it.

We are in a tenuous recovery.

It could have been better if Obama hadn't effed it up with his vanity legislation.

But we are in a recovery.

Hopefully we can keep it going. Don't talk it down, peoples!

I usually don't either blame or credit presidents for the economic situation. Mainly what happens is beyond their control. But this time I think it may be a little different. Obama's taken some steps some other presidents would be afraid to go. He's taken some political risks, in other words, which appear to be paying off. Should he get more than normal credit for the recovery?

What recovery? Unless you're talking about the recovery of the communist party in america, he does not deserve credit for shit.

What "recovery?"

The one FOX News isn't telling you about?

Is that what keith olberman told you to think?

What a bizarre post.

You are right for a change. So why did Obama and the Dems waste so much time on such a bad bill instead of working on the economy where the work was needed?

And it is the Republicans that are blocking the jobs bill.

the core piece of which the administration has already ended, because it was poorly written and would not be self-sustaining as they themselves required.

The stimulus saved us from another Great Depression, so both Obama and the Democrats and Republicans who voted for it deserve kudos.

gullible.jpg

My God, are lefties actually saying that "happy days are here again" just to get Obama back up in the polls? One dirty little secret we need to be aware of is that government jobs are not an indication of economic recovery. Government construction jobs are always temporary. They are paid for by ....guess who? The democrat party's last hope is to try to skew the stats with a fake spike in hiring. That's what the phony "jobs bill" is all about.

He gets credit for it being so sluggish.

It would have been more robust if he hadn't put his lead foot on it with the healthcare boondoggle.

If he had actually paid attention to his stimulus and HAMP and made sure they were doing what they were designed to do instead of taking his eye off the ball I would have to be giving him credit now.

What a bizarre post.

You're exactly right, because of employees not wanting to hire right now because they dont want to be sucked into having to provide healthcare to them through this new law. You're exactly right, it has absolutely nothing to do with any type of RECOVERY. Because there is no recovery, and 50% of the reason is the new healthcare law.

Forum List

Back