How many white liberals here would use a black doctor?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The true answer is zero. Everybody knows there's a good chance our dusky doc is an affirmative action baby who can barely read and write.

This is a good question to ask the liberal newsreaders on TV. They always talk about the diversity but how many practice it.? In her book "Mugged" Ann Coulter says super-liberal and white-hater Chris Matthews sends his kids to a school that is 3% black. This in washington DC which is a majority black city.

How many black Dr's are there? I'm not liberal, but I would have no problem with a black Dr. You know what they call the person who finished dead last in medical school? That's right, Doctor.

If a class in medical school was all white, someone barely passed and needed remedial help with Bio-Chem, what if that person is your Doctor right now?

Last edited:
The true answer is zero. Everybody knows there's a good chance our dusky doc is an affirmative action baby who can barely read and write.

This is a good question to ask the liberal newsreaders on TV. They always talk about the diversity but how many practice it.? In her book "Mugged" Ann Coulter says super-liberal and white-hater Chris Matthews sends his kids to a school that is 3% black. This in washington DC which is a majority black city.

Not going to lie, I have never had the chance to see a black doctor, because I haven't seen one (I live in Chicago it you ask). However, I wouldn't be against seeing one.

Don't be so stupid.

I'd much rather a black American doctor who speaks English, than an Asian, Indian, Iranian, who doesn't and who probably never went to medical school.

Film on black surgeon in first heart transplant team rekindles controversy

Documentary reopens debate over Hamilton Naki's claim that he took part in world's first heart transplant
Share31

inShare.0
Email

David Smith, Africa correspondent

The Guardian, Sunday 31 May 2009 19.01 EDT

The controversy over the role of a black surgeon in the world's first successful heart transplant has been reignited by the release of a documentary film in South Africa.

Hidden Heart tells the story of Hamilton Naki, a gardener turned self-taught surgeon who became a key assistant to pioneering heart surgeon Dr Christiaan Barnard in his organ transplant programme.

While Barnard was feted around the world for carrying out the first heart transplant in 1967, Naki was effectively rendered invisible by the apartheid government, retiring in 1991 on a gardener's pension equivalent to £70 a month.

But a decade later, with Barnard's help, his contribution gained international recognition. "Hamilton Naki had better technical skills than I did," Barnard said. "He was a better craftsman than me, especially when it came to stitching, and had very good hands in the theatre."

Hidden Heart shows how the operation was trumpeted as a public relations coup for the Afrikaner people and the apartheid government. One review of the film notes that one of the proudest moments in South African history "might also have been one of our most shameful".

Naki, born to a peasant family, had no formal education and started work as a gardener at Cape Town University at 14. One day, while rolling the tennis courts, he was invited by Barnard's predecessor to step inside the laboratory and help with an experiment on a giraffe. He worked his way up to be principal laboratory technician and taught some 3,000 surgeons. Under apartheid laws, Naki officially remained listed as a gardener and cleaner. He was finally recognised with an honorary master of medicine degree in 2003.

The Swiss-made documentary reopens the debate over Naki's claim that he participated in the historic first heart transplant. After Naki's death, aged 78 in 2005, the Economist published an obituary saying Naki assisted in the transplant, but later published an amendment saying it had been assured by surgeons at Groote Schuur hospital that Naki was nowhere near the operating theatre at the time.

Cristina Karrer, co-director of Hidden Heart, told the Star newspaper the mystery ultimately matters little. "To me the point is that he was there in the process," she added. "His contribution was enormous, taking into consideration where he came from

I've been treated by Doctors of various ethnic groups, races, and genders who work for the Veterans Affairs Health Care System. l don't think that the quality of care that I've received is different, for better or for worse, based on the race or gender of the physician.

Doctors should be required to give their race in any advertisement they have such as in a phone book. Thanks to affirmative action, race is vital when choosing a doc and no one wants to make an appointment and go the doc's office and then find out he's black.

[

Cristina Karrer, co-director of Hidden Heart, told the Star newspaper the mystery ultimately matters little. "To me the point is that he was there in the process," she added. "His contribution was enormous, taking into consideration where he came from

What a stupid thing to say, even for a liberal. Where he came from has nothing to do with the size of his contribution. Libulals can't think.

This is a pretty racist post. I have seen doctors of many races and nationality. In fact, the best doctor my family has ever had was a black cardiac surgeon. My current doctor is Indian and he's great.

Forum List

Back