How many uninsured before Obamacare...how many now ?

While I said nothing about Greenbeard's data when you posted your stupid comment, it isn't lost on me that you are unhappy with PoliticalChic 's data.

Opinions are not data. Your conflation of the two may be why you're so hung up on "But Obama said this...and then he said that" as opposed to an actual interest in the numbers.

Personally, I'd go with the KFF data. Their methodology is rigorous, and they're more integrally involved with patient care than any politician.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

But you have not qualified anyone's so-called "data". Everyone claims to have "data".

When you have some, I'd invite you to post.

And you might try some simple math too. It really isn't against the law to "analyze" data.

While I said nothing about Greenbeard's data when you posted your stupid comment, it isn't lost on me that you are unhappy with PoliticalChic 's data.

Opinions are not data. Your conflation of the two may be why you're so hung up on "But Obama said this...and then he said that" as opposed to an actual interest in the numbers.

Personally, I'd go with the KFF data. Their methodology is rigorous, and they're more integrally involved with patient care than any politician.

But you have not qualified anyone's so-called "data". Everyone claims to have "data".

And you might try some simple math too. It really isn't against the law to "analyze" data.

As I said, I'd go with the KFF data. I'd also rely on Greenbeard's expertise in analyzing it. Nothing controversial about either.

As I said, I'd go with the KFF data. I'd also rely on Greenbeard's expertise in analyzing it. Nothing controversial about either.

He has not analyzed crap.

And I really don't care what you'd go with.

Why would I trust your opinion.

When you've got data or analysis or something that adds clarity, please feel free to post.

Otherwise keep that tee-shirt on that says ATTENTION WHORE. It suites you well.

And the other question is how many doctors and HMOs are accepting the new coverage?

Seems to me the biggest increases are in Medicare and Medicaid.

The evidence thus far suggests that the Medicaid expansion is helping those who've gained coverage through it.

States’ Medicaid expansions through the Affordable Care Act are helping low-income patients access medical care and improving hospitals’ bottom lines, according to two new studies that add to growing evidence about the benefits of the health law.
In Texas, for example, the percentage of residents reporting trouble paying medical bills, skipping prescriptions or delaying care because of cost barely moved between 2013 and 2014.

By comparison, Kentucky and Arkansas saw major declines in all three measures of access to medical care after the Medicaid expansion began in 2014.

The share of residents of the two states who reported skipping a medication due to cost fell more than 10 percentage points. And the percentage of Kentucky residents who said they had trouble paying medical bills dropped by more than 14 percentage points, from 42.7% to 28.4%.

Researchers also found major gains in the share of residents who said they had a check-up in the prior year, which increased more than eight percentage points in both Kentucky and Arkansas.

And they found sizable increases in the percentage of patients with chronic medical conditions who got regular care, which increased more than 6 percentage points in the two states.

“... all of the disruption, spending, taxation, and premium hikes inObamacare has only reduced the percentage of U.S. residents without health insurance by 2.7 percentage points,from 13.9% to 11.1%: a remarkably small reduction, and far lower than what the law was supposed to achieve.” --Avik Roy Obama Administration: Obamacare Has Driven Health Spending Up, While Covering Fewer Than Expected

Meh. Infomercial for a book saying "No, it isn't, no it isn't!"

If you've got data, share it.

You're unhappy with Greenbeard's data? Why?

Because he works for, and pimps for, the government.

Ask him.

when did it become anyone's BUSINESS of who had insurance in this country? what ever happened to a right to privacy? that seemed to end with these progressives/dems. making up their lies to sell this Scam (obamaNocare) on us.

And the other question is how many doctors and HMOs are accepting the new coverage?

The evidence thus far suggests that the Medicaid expansion is helping those who've gained coverage through it.

States’ Medicaid expansions through the Affordable Care Act are helping low-income patients access medical care and improving hospitals’ bottom lines, according to two new studies that add to growing evidence about the benefits of the health law.
In Texas, for example, the percentage of residents reporting trouble paying medical bills, skipping prescriptions or delaying care because of cost barely moved between 2013 and 2014.

By comparison, Kentucky and Arkansas saw major declines in all three measures of access to medical care after the Medicaid expansion began in 2014.

The share of residents of the two states who reported skipping a medication due to cost fell more than 10 percentage points. And the percentage of Kentucky residents who said they had trouble paying medical bills dropped by more than 14 percentage points, from 42.7% to 28.4%.

Researchers also found major gains in the share of residents who said they had a check-up in the prior year, which increased more than eight percentage points in both Kentucky and Arkansas.

And they found sizable increases in the percentage of patients with chronic medical conditions who got regular care, which increased more than 6 percentage points in the two states.

“... all of the disruption, spending, taxation, and premium hikes inObamacare has only reduced the percentage of U.S. residents without health insurance by 2.7 percentage points,from 13.9% to 11.1%: a remarkably small reduction, and far lower than what the law was supposed to achieve.” --Avik Roy Obama Administration: Obamacare Has Driven Health Spending Up, While Covering Fewer Than Expected

Otherwise, please don't post to this thread.

Ugh, who the hell are you to make a statement like this? A Moderator? Or Administrator?

If not, chase you tail 'til you get dizzy.

Ask him.

yep, a government tool. how lovely

Ask him.

So clue me in.

He informed he that he was an expert....but didn't say why.

Otherwise, please don't post to this thread.

Ugh, who the hell are you to make a statement like this? A Moderator? Or Administrator?

If not, chase you tail 'til you get dizzy.

I post here.

You've committed the same error.....because it's really none of your business.

Ask him.

So clue me in.

Try asking him to deny it.

Ask him.

So clue me in.

I do not work for the government. Ta-da!

when did it become anyone's BUSINESS of who had insurance in this country? what ever happened to a right to privacy?

What does one have to do with the other? The only people who need to know whether or not you have insurance are the medical professionals who treat you.

Ask him.

So clue me in.

Greenbeard is a propagandist for the insurance industry.

when did it become anyone's BUSINESS of who had insurance in this country? what ever happened to a right to privacy?

What does one have to do with the other? The only people who need to know whether or not you have insurance are the medical professionals who treat you.

ACA requires that you report your insurance company sponsor on your income tax form.

ACA requires that you report your insurance company sponsor on your income tax form.

If you're smart and use the exchanges, they already know that. "I've got X insurance" doesn't mean they have access to your health status; HIPAA ensures that.

If you're smart and use the exchanges, they already know that. "I've got X insurance" doesn't mean they have access to your health status; HIPAA ensures that.

You seem to be missing the point. In a number of ways.

I just received a notice from DOD that informed the IRS I was covered under ACA.

I also do not work for the insurance industry. No government, no insurance. We're running out of boogeymen.

The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

You seem to be missing the point. In a number of ways.

No, I've got it. Just think it's silly.

Ask him.

So clue me in.

I get that you have that opinion.

I don't know his background.

Forum List

Back