Obamacare

Coverage under Obamacare plateaus...

Survey: US Progress on Health Insurance Stalled in 2015
January 07, 2016 | WASHINGTON — Going into President Barack Obama's last year in office, progress has stalled on reducing the number of uninsured Americans under his signature health care law, according to a major survey out Thursday.
The share of U.S. adults without health insurance was 11.9 percent in the last three months of 2015, essentially unchanged from the start of the year, according to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. The ongoing survey, based on daily interviews with 500 people, has been used by media, social scientists, and administration officials to track the law's impact. Release of the latest installment comes after the Republican-led Congress voted to send legislation repealing the Affordable Care Act to Obama's desk. The president is certain to veto it, but opponents say that will only help their strategy of keeping “Obamacare” alive as a political issue in the presidential election.

7FFE7752-7E3A-4840-AEF9-1D9850D2F4FE_w640_r1_s.jpg

A man looks over the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as Obamacare) signup page on the HealthCare.gov website in New York​
The sharp drop in the uninsured rate seen in 2014 - the first year of the law's major coverage expansion - now has leveled off, Gallup said in its analysis of the latest findings. “This validates concerns that similarly large reductions may not be possible in the future because the remaining uninsured are harder to reach or less inclined to become insured,” the analysis said. “Future reductions will likely require significant outreach and expanded programs targeting those who have not yet taken advantage.”

The survey period included the first two months of the health law's 2016 open enrollment season, which ends January 31. That covered the first big sign-up deadline, which was December 15 for those wanting coverage effective at the start of the year. Gallup-Healthways said it expects results for the first three months of 2016 to show another decline in the uninsured rate. How big remains to be seen.
Intensifying the debate

January 07, 2016 | WASHINGTON — Going into President Barack Obama's last year in office, progress has stalled on reducing the number of uninsured Americans under his signature health care law, according to a major survey out Thursday.
The share of U.S. adults without health insurance was 11.9 percent in the last three months of 2015, essentially unchanged from the start of the year, according to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. The ongoing survey, based on daily interviews with 500 people, has been used by media, social scientists, and administration officials to track the law's impact. Release of the latest installment comes after the Republican-led Congress voted to send legislation repealing the Affordable Care Act to Obama's desk. The president is certain to veto it, but opponents say that will only help their strategy of keeping “Obamacare” alive as a political issue in the presidential election.

A man looks over the Affordable Care Act (commonly known as Obamacare) signup page on the HealthCare.gov website in New York​
The sharp drop in the uninsured rate seen in 2014 - the first year of the law's major coverage expansion - now has leveled off, Gallup said in its analysis of the latest findings. “This validates concerns that similarly large reductions may not be possible in the future because the remaining uninsured are harder to reach or less inclined to become insured,” the analysis said. “Future reductions will likely require significant outreach and expanded programs targeting those who have not yet taken advantage.”

The survey period included the first two months of the health law's 2016 open enrollment season, which ends January 31. That covered the first big sign-up deadline, which was December 15 for those wanting coverage effective at the start of the year. Gallup-Healthways said it expects results for the first three months of 2016 to show another decline in the uninsured rate. How big remains to be seen.
Intensifying the debate

What that means is that those who signed up in 2014 did so again in 2015.

The plateau could be caused by two things. One, the refusal of certain state legislators to allow their citizens to sign up through a state exchange (not to mention their refusal to accept the Medicaid expansion) and, two, consumers who are risking their health coverage on "GOP gonna kill this thing!"...again.

I don't like the ocare
I dot tlike the government doing anything they shouldn't do. Especially forcing people to purchase a for-profit product.
That said, they cant just get rid of it. We have American citizens who have healthcare through this fascist bullshit. We cant just leave them high and dry. That is just irresponsible. New presidents are still responsible for previous presidents actions. Let reversing legislation that would affect millions of people in a negative way. They must think about it. And I question that..
Maybe they have different plans, but I damn sure havent heard them. All I hear is "repeal repeal REPEAL"

Intensifying the debate
People are going to get tired of that having a buy insurance when they're healthy. never use it, paying a monthly payment they don't need to be paying you just get tired of it.

Intensifying the debate
People are going to get tired of that having a buy insurance when they're healthy. never use it, paying a monthly payment they don't need to be paying you just get tired of it.

Do they do that with auto insurance? "Dude, like I paid my premiums all last year and I didn't get into a head-on collision! Auto insurance sux!"

Intensifying the debate

Do they do that with auto insurance? "Dude, like I paid my premiums all last year and I didn't get into a head-on collision! Auto insurance sux!"
Does your auto insurance pay or do you pay the full bill till you reach a ungodly deductible?

Intensifying the debate

Does your auto insurance pay or do you pay the full bill till you reach a ungodly deductible?

Does your auto insurance have a godly deductible?

Intensifying the debate

No but since Obamacare my health insurance does

Then you should thank Jesus.

Since obamycare I can no longer afford to go to doctor.

And I'd be thanking him for what

Voting for Republicans won't get rid of ACA. It will merely elect Republicans.

X I'm just thankful that I have taken care of my health. at my age if I had to take medicine I just would not be able to afford it

And I'd be thanking him for what

For your godly auto insurance deductible.

Forum List

Back