How many of you grew up in this era?

71076469_2595139220545306_1959401652809105408_n.jpg

I did,

How about you?

I was never spanked... They beat the snot out of me, so maybe I was the era before that Liberal way of raising a kid ..:04:

I got my ass kicked when I got knackered on for taking brass knuckles to an AWANA club meeting to beat up this kid.

Politics in the Lounge?

tsk tsk
Do you disagree with the irony here?

irony?

Still trying to bring Politics into the Lounge?
Irony is political? I thought it was a higher level of comedy. Maybe not for all................................whatchagonnado? :dunno:

We suggest you change your lady rag or something and lighten up
I'm talking humor and you tell me to lighten up? Oh.....I see. More Irony. :71:

Your the one talking Trump..

Trump who?

I did,

How about you?

I was never spanked... They beat the snot out of me, so maybe I was the era before that Liberal way of raising a kid ..:04:

I got my ass kicked when I got knackered on for taking brass knuckles to an AWANA club meeting to beat up this kid.

When I grew up you just did not get smacked by mom, but also dad, grandma and grandpa and sometimes the neighbors would plant a foot there...

Yeah, growing up today is brutal compared to what we had to endure!

there were no gangs and drive-by shootings when we were kids
we played stick-ball in the street and built tree houses
And made our own stilts out of 2x2s,played army, smear the queer, shot off real fireworks, waded through creeks, rode our banana bikes everywhere, and..........

Tackle football without gear
Hockey on a nearby pond
I remember in junior high school playing flag football for the first time. I said "What is this bullshit?"

We always played tackle
Don’t remember anyone getting hurt. Remember three or four kids climbing on trying to tackle the big fat kid

I did,

How about you?

When I grew up you just did not get smacked by mom, but also dad, grandma and grandpa and sometimes the neighbors would plant a foot there...

I remember if a kid acted up in public, everyone there expected to see the kid get smacked. If you didn’t, you were a bad parent

Now, they call the cops

And made our own stilts out of 2x2s,played army, smear the queer, shot off real fireworks, waded through creeks, rode our banana bikes everywhere, and..........

Hockey on a nearby pond
I remember in junior high school playing flag football for the first time. I said "What is this bullshit?"

We always played tackle
Don’t remember anyone getting hurt. Remember three or four kids climbing on trying to tackle the big fat kid

I remember the girls throwing us up in the air with there legs.

I did,

How about you?

I remember if a kid acted up in public, everyone there expected to see the kid get smacked. If you didn’t, you were a bad parent

Now, they call the cops

Funny story, a friend of mine told me his daughter was so naughty and mouthy and would tell him she would call CPS on him if he spanked her...

I told him a story about another friend that took his boy back to the Philippines and beat the kid ...

The next time the girl pulled her stunt my friend asked her if she wanted to see Lola ( grandma ) in the Philippines and she said yes...

I told the kid enjoy the beating and she looked at her dad and funny thing she never got mouthy again...

Hockey on a nearby pond

We always played tackle
Oh man there was a kid who was older than us he was so strong it hurt to tackle him. It always took 2 or 3 of us. I think he ended up being a stud for his high school, that guy was made out of rock!

I did,

How about you?

Now, they call the cops

Funny story, a friend of mine told me his daughter was so naughty and mouthy and would tell him she would call CPS on him if he spanked her...

I told him a story about another friend that took his boy back to the Philippines and beat the kid ...

The next time the girl pulled her stunt my friend asked her if she wanted to see Lola ( grandma ) in the Philippines and she said yes...

I told the kid enjoy the beating and she looked at her dad and funny thing she never got mouthy again...

Alayna...

My stepdaughter..

I tried everything with that girl, amusement parks, go cart racing, teaching her..

The one thing that helped, was no more of her bullshit..

And said one day you want to be bad I can be worse.

And dropped her off at my mom's for a few days..

She loved me then..

Hockey on a nearby pond
Nice. It didn't start out as tackle football, but we played streetball and it always ended up as tackle. I broke my nose playing street football.

Hockey on a nearby pond

We always played tackle
Oh man there was a kid who was older than us he was so strong it hurt to tackle him. It always took 2 or 3 of us. I think he ended up being a stud for his high school, that guy was made out of rock!
Rocks crumple.

A kid like that of my childhood..died a few years ago.

His name was Mike ..brain anaorhism or some weird disease

Now, they call the cops

Alayna...

My stepdaughter..

I tried everything with that girl, amusement parks, go cart racing, teaching her..

The one thing that helped, was no more of her bullshit..

And said one day you want to be bad I can be worse.

And dropped her off at my mom's for a few days..

She loved me then..

Oh, I grew up with a Polish-Jew Aunt that was married to a Scotsman...

Yeah, so when I hear a snot nose brat tell me their life is rough because mom or dad made them do the dishes, well it conjures up memories of digging the garden patch, mowing the law, washing dishes and sometimes cooking because you had to or else that foot found your behind...

I did,

How about you?

All of the above with this caveat. I was never spanked, and when I turned 7 I gave up the cap guns for the baseball bat. That was the year when I played CYO Softball beginning at age 7.

I posted this before my greatest performance on the baseball field, I went down in right field to tie my shoe
. I stood up and a baseball was coming right at me , caught it and won the game..

Like it matters now.

Funny story....

I once brought a girl home (my parents house) after meeting her at a local park. As we were leaving the next morning, my mom asked if we wanted breakfast....
Mom: oh..hi. Would you two like some breakfast?
Me: uhh..no thanks. I have to take her home.

When I returned...
Mom: who was that?
Me: ( realizing I didn’t know her name) I don’t know.
Mom: What!??
Dad is laughing at this point.
Me: don’t worry mom... she doesn’t know my name either.

Despite the occasional spankings while growing up, my parents were pretty cool. :)

Funny story....

I once brought a girl home (my parents house) after meeting her at a local park. As we were leaving the next morning, my mom asked if we wanted breakfast....

When I returned...

Despite the occasional spankings while growing up, my parents were pretty cool. :)

The walk of shame

Funny story....

When I returned...

The walk of shame
It was embarrassing.

Forum List

Back