How many of you grew up in this era?

Youngsters
MV5BYWNkZWM1ZmMtY2FlMi00ODNkLWEwNjUtNDVhZTZmNDM5NDcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg
I still call food OOL and sometimes refer to sex as ZUG ZUG :D

there were no gangs and drive-by shootings when we were kids
we played stick-ball in the street and built tree houses
And made our own stilts out of 2x2s,played army, smear the queer, shot off real fireworks, waded through creeks, rode our banana bikes everywhere, and..........

the banana bike was an INNOVATION in my mid-teens
I had a sweet 5 speed. I never did figure out how to have my girlfriend ride with me without crashing.

Joanie loves chachi how cute..

Attachments

• chopper_038.jpg
    chopper_038.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 30
Riding my bike everywhere..even at night. Ma used a whistle to call us home to eat. IF we were close enough to hear it, which usually we weren't. :D

Riding my bike everywhere..even at night. Ma used a whistle to call us home to eat. IF we were close enough to hear it, which usually we weren't. :D
And the cops were always so cool to us kids.

Funny thread....considering the behavior modeling the current occupant of the WH is doing.

Politics in the Lounge?

tsk tsk
Do you disagree with the irony here?

irony?

Still trying to bring Politics into the Lounge?
Irony is political? I thought it was a higher level of comedy. Maybe not for all................................whatchagonnado? :dunno:

We suggest you change your lady rag or something and lighten up

Homeless people were rare..or never seen. Hobo's dominated the rails and that was mostly by choice.

Funny thread....considering the behavior modeling the current occupant of the WH is doing.

Politics in the Lounge?

tsk tsk
Do you disagree with the irony here?

irony?

Still trying to bring Politics into the Lounge?
Irony is political? I thought it was a higher level of comedy. Maybe not for all................................whatchagonnado? :dunno:

We suggest you change your lady rag or something and lighten up
Better yet...just STOP. We need an escape place and this is it. Take it somewhere else.

1952 prices

House: $7,750
Average income: $3,515
Ford car: $1526-$2384
Milk: $.96
Gas: $.20
Bread $.16
Postage stamp: $.03
Hen Turkeys: $ .53 lb
Pkg of 6 Bran muffins $.21
1 lb pkg of M&M’s candies: $.59
Gillette Blue Blades, pkg of 10: $ .49
At Sears – – –
Ladies Corduroy Jackets: $4.99
Cotton knit blouses: $1.98
Men’s Rayon Sport Shirts: $3.66
Men’s cotton flannel shirt: $1.79
Red “Radio Flyer” wagon: $8.75
Westinghouse Open-Handle steam iron: $19.95
Men’s T-shirts and briefs – – –
T-shirts, 2 for $.59
Briefs, each : $.59

And the cops were always so cool to us kids.

I remember one time running into a restaurant seeing Tony's cop car out front ( yeah we knew all the local cops) and found Tony hitting on a waitress.. I yelled hey Tony a huge fight out back, he is like " just kid stuff?"

I am like nope 50 of them, he followed me and seen it , he is like "shit ".

Called for back up..

He seen me a month or so later with Armandos girlfriend in her car..

He is like bill..what the hell?

Great story's. Great memories

And made our own stilts out of 2x2s,played army, smear the queer, shot off real fireworks, waded through creeks, rode our banana bikes everywhere, and..........
Mud clod fights. Used to have buckets of water handy so we could roll up clods and smack the neighbor kids. No calling the law. No law suits because one had a rock in it and bonked a head. Just one big mess of mud everywhere :D

Why did they stop showing cartoons on Saturday mornings?
Because Sesame' St took over. I hated that and all those new cartoons so them not showing Sat morning was no biggie for me anymore. I still had my bike. And buckets of dirts and water. :D

Mud clod fights. Used to have buckets of water handy so we could roll up clods and smack the neighbor kids. No calling the law. No law suits because one had a rock in it and bonked a head. Just one big mess of mud everywhere :D

You remind me of my childhood friend pam( she grew big and fast) we used to have so many pool parties, going to the zoo's, the parks around Illinois...

She lived on a court so you knew what that meant we could block it off..

Forum List

Back