How many of Judaism's stories are actually true?

We know the creation of...

Children of Abraham: Christians, Muslims, and Jews and their fairy tales

you have to be an idiot to regard ancient scriptural writings as "fairy tales"-----in fact they reflect universal (that is human brain type) symbols and are invariably linked to real history. Ask Heinrich Schliemann and Sigmund Freud Nothing comes from NOWHERE------not even psychotic delusions

idiot? irosie91 you're an imbecile and a moron because Fairy Tales are "universal (that is human brain type) symbols"

:eek:

We know the creation of...

Children of Abraham: Christians, Muslims, and Jews and their fairy tales

you have to be an idiot to regard ancient scriptural writings as "fairy tales"-----in fact they reflect universal (that is human brain type) symbols and are invariably linked to real history. Ask Heinrich Schliemann and Sigmund Freud Nothing comes from NOWHERE------not even psychotic delusions

idiot? irosie91 you're an imbecile and a moron because Fairy Tales are "universal (that is human brain type) symbols"

:eek:
Hans Christian Andersen wrote FAIRY TALES------some folk tales do fall into the category you describe------but they do not constitute "scriptural writings"-------which
are generally epic poems. an example is the BAGHAVAD GITA <<< a scriptural writing-------not Cinderella. We might be arguing semantics. ------afterall----human brain is human brain and -------dreams are full of symbolic "thinking"-----ask freud. Joyce Kilmer did not write "scriptures"-----nor did Longfellow. but homer did

I love Sumerian "literature" ^_^

My fav is Inanna's Descent, Enûma Eliš, and Nergal & Ereshkigal

I actually love how much of the Book of Genesis was lifted from Gilgamesh

Actually The Epic of Giliganesh is nothing like Genesis.

Gilgamesh was on a quest for immortality. And he was a badass. He was so badass he turned down sex with the Goddess Ishtar! lol. He also liked to fight. He fought some crazy ass giant demon thing in the woods with his homeboy at his side, and a Celestial Bull God thing... he was kinda more like Hercules if you ask me.

So yeah. Genesis is about the creation of the World and the creation of Man, and some of the struggles faced by the first generations of humanity on Earth, especially in regards to their relationship with God. The main character of Genesis is actually God... not some mortal or demigod. The Epic of Gilgamesh was about Gilgercules.

The Flood story is pretty much lifted from Gilgamesh

Perhaps, but you said you loved how much "Genesis" was lifted from Gilgamesh. The story of Noah is really the only part of Genesis that bears any similarities to any part of The Epic of Gilgamesh...

Regardless, both stories are awesome. I respect Abrahamic mythology just as much as I respect Sumerian mythology. Many of the religions that evolved from these mythologies have impacted my own pagan practices in profound and epic ways that I can not find the words to describe.

Forum List

Back